It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oh Canada! The true north strong and stoned.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I'm about to leave for a shift behind a bar, by the time I get home I will no longer be a criminal.

Recreational cannabis becomes legal in Canada at midnight, wish us luck!
edit on 10.17.2018 by Kandinsky because: Fixed typo. Congrats to Canada

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Awesome!
Can't wait for the rest of the world to catch up!!

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
I'm about to leave for a shift behind a bar, by the time I get home I will no longer be a criminal.

We’re going to need it. Now that they have reduced it to fines, much like alcohol.. it will end up a cash grab.
I’m on MM for back issues and I can’t drive under the influence of it. How I am supposed to walk places with back issues.

This legalization thing will turn into a nightmare. Before, they turned their heads because it wasn’t worth court costs for a charge that would most likely get stayed. Now they have all sorts of equipment ( will it work properly ?).. and cash revenue, in the form of some very high substantial fines.

Legalization has made it worse for the Canadian pot smokers, especially those that need it as medicine.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Be careful where you smoke. You can get hit with a doozy of a fine for smoking behind your bar.

You’re still a criminal if you aren’t following the laws of legalization, which are very familiar to liquor laws.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

enjoy it my friend.
im in the states where a lot of our laws are still from the middle ages

happy smoking

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I'm so jealous of Canada, if only the damned corrupt US politicians would finally die of old age or be voted out so we can end our BS war on drugs once and for all. Starting with marijuana legalization on a federal level is a great start!

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Regulation, taxes and warning labels. Just what we need.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

a reply to: LightSpeedDriver Would like to know Jean Guy

edit on 16-10-2018 by Plotus because: Lol lol lol lol lol lol

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

Be careful where you smoke. You can get hit with a doozy of a fine for smoking behind your bar.

You’re still a criminal if you aren’t following the laws of legalization, which are very familiar to liquor laws.

Sounds like the paranoia is striking deep already, just dont be stupid.. and enjoy..

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Stong and stoned???

Did you by chance mean strong and stoned?

Anyway, happy blazing free birds. Be responsible about it.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
LOL, got a giggle out of the Oh Canada.. stong and stoned.. either yall are so excited you cant spell, or we got some early tokers LOL. enjoy it jealous as hale..

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Sounds like the paranoia is striking deep already, just dont be stupid.. and enjoy..

It’s not paranoia, it’s common sense.

I guarantee you some pot smoker’s lives will be negatively impacted by this new legalization and all the laws and fines with it.

Wanna make a bet a bunch of people celebrating tomorrow changes some lives ?
edit on 16-10-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

i think this one is better.
not going to imbed the video because it is explicit but you should go have a look

this is the best song to chill and enjoy canada's new program to

www.youtube.com...

thats just the audio

video is worth it

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Where I live, there was a dispensary on every corner for the past few years. Now they're all closed because the government has yet to issue licences. They have issued one licence—one—except it was issued to a place over 500km away.

How can I enjoy?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

It’s not paranoia, it’s common sense.

I guarantee you some pot smoker’s lives will be negatively impacted by this new legalization and all the laws and fines with it.

Wanna make a bet a bunch of celebrating tomorrow changes some lives ?

I'd take that bet... This should have happened a long time ago...

Fines and taxes come with the right to use it... this will make pot the same as tobacco (which should be illegal) and alcohol... huge profits for those that invest early... and more money for the criminals that run this damn country to steal...

but hey... at least it finally happened

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Yay can't wait for no more shatter or concentrates, expensive pot I don't get to look at before buying, getting massive fines or arrested for giving anyone some of the weed from the 4 plants i'll be allowed to grow, the dispenseries in my city being closed down, having it treated like alcohol when it comes to driving, getting arrested at the whim of a police officer who.decides i'm high in public in the wrong place. Yaaay so much better.than the last 5 years have been....oh wait...not so much.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

How can I enjoy?

Well since it will be legal... just go buy some lol

Hmm... why do I have a feeling this thread is doomed

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

How can I enjoy?

Well since it will be legal... just go buy some lol

Hmm... why do I have a feeling this thread is doomed

I would if the only place that sells it wasn't 500km away.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join