It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oh Canada! The true north strong and stoned.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Good luck and congratulations! I remember the night here in CO well. Once again though, Canada shows us how something could be done - smartly.

Imagine if the US Gov hadnt missed the boat and had become the main suppliers to the shops here stateside and worldwide. 5x the revenue at least just on already established recreational sales and no taxes necesarry plus cheaper for us to boot.

Ah well, still cannot complain too much locally. It is much better for small businesses to get into the game this way tho. Although that niche fills quickly ive seen.
edit on 16-10-2018 by Lightdhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Lightdhype
The federal government let each province decide who would be suppliers. Some provinces went with government suppliers, while other provinces chose to license independently owned retailers ( who were randomly picked like in a lottery in my province) .

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I see, thank you for the explanation. It is similar here inside legal states, individual counties can define the parameters within their borders and unfortunately even further, individual cities and towns can define the parameters within them. I say unfortunately because i live in the only conservative city on the state. No rec shops until outside city jurisdiction.

BUT! If it makes any of you Canadians feels any better, it has been just over 4 years since recreational shops opened up in this state. Med shops were always cheaper without the taxes and simple supply demand but things are leveling out.

AND I am happy to report in my county - one can walk out of door of a shop with a 28 gram - ounce of top shelf quality buds for $72.18 USD after taxes. All day any day with rewards points baby.

That is cheap baby. Like I have read articles saying suppliers are beginning to lose profit margins cheap.
edit on 17-10-2018 by Lightdhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Awesome, I'll have to do a dab of 90% blue dream shatter to celebrate.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

AND I am happy to report in my county - one can walk out of door of a shop with a 28 gram - ounce of top shelf quality buds for $72.18 USD after taxes. All day any day with rewards points baby.

That is cheap ! Lucky you. It will likely cost around 200 Canadian for the same amount.( maybe more with taxes) Have to wait and see how prices level out.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

It'll probably take a lil time but then prices will drop big time, at least it did here, I mean granted if you have med card its insanely cheap.

Prices probably dropped by half here in CO since legalization of recreational use.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Best to grow ya own and get a rosin press.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

That is cheap ! Lucky you. It will likely cost around 200 Canadian for the same amount.( maybe more with taxes) Have to wait and see how prices level out.

Actually i've heard that its mad cheap in dispenseries...

Which means it would be much lower then 200$ an oz

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: Sheye

Actually i've heard that its mad cheap in dispenseries...

Which means it would be much lower then 200$ an oz

I pay 214.00 Canadian with tax for my MM , for 30 grams... and that is from a dispensary .. no ?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   

ouch...

That's standard pricing though honestly

Thing is I don't see how they can possibly kill the black market with such prices

perhaps said black market will now be your down the street neighbor?

Gettin biblical here

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Remember, it is still illegal to use Cannabis and drive a car. They have developed a way to test how high you are right on the spot, I do not know if cop cars will have this new breathalyzer tester in Canada. I am sure that they will be approved for use shortly, the income derived from the tickets will pay for a lot of salaries.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Well I got up this morning and... nothing is different.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

perhaps said black market will now be your down the street neighbor?

No different than yesterday.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Itll drop more after some years.

And to be fair, that price I quoted is only a deal they offer at one specific shop i know of, no strain choice for the 60$ deal its just whatever they choose daily. One can still spend upwards of 160 on the same amount at the same place too if they like.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
A recent poll shows that 71% of us will not be changing our lives because pot is legal now. I know I won't be changing my life because of this.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Now that its a legal product, will companies still be testing for it during drug tests?
At least I'm assuming companies drug test in Canada, they do big time here in the states.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

my buddy works at a mine where they test. He says basically if there is an incident, they will test. I think the random tests are gone though.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Now that its a legal product, will companies still be testing for it during drug tests?
At least I'm assuming companies drug test in Canada, they do big time here in the states.

I would assume the testing might be along the lines of how they test for alcohol use, but testing would most likely vary depending upon type of job. There is a debate going on now about how long a police officer here must wait to work after using MJ. Everything is up in the air at this point, we should perhaps look to Colorado for answers.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Too bad it was legalization and de-criminalization that happened. The legality of it is what allows the regulations and standards. Hoping we dont get the same here in the U.S. but who am I kidding?
Bayer/Monsanto awaits with baited breath I'm sure. Either way, enjoy what you can, while you can.
None are guaranteed tomorrow.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join