It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lakeland, Florida City Commisioner Shoots and Kills Perp Shoplifting From His Business

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
This is pre-meditated murder.Open and closed.Bang.

The OPEN FOR BUSINESS sign is a CONTRACT....the business owner agrees to it when the sign goes up.....the business owner ALLOWED and GAVE CONTRACTUAL PERMISSION for the potential customer to enter his store to negotiate value of goods for sale....the customer didn't think the goods were worth anything so he took them for free.....the owner has the option to make Civil charges againstthe customer....IF HE KNOWS WHO THE CUSTOMER IS...hence it is the BUSINESS OWNERS FAULT for not KNOWING WHO HE WAS MAKING A CONTRACT WITH....meaning he couldn't sue civilly because he didn't know the identity of the man he was involved in a contract with....he MURDERED A MAN BECAUSE HE WAS NEGLIGENT in how he entered into a contract and he was unhappy that his best interests were no longer being served.....is short he was miffed off so he murdered a man for taking a piece of merchandise LEGALLY OBTAINED within the boundaries of said CONTRACT.....the man negotiated a value of zero on the item and took it for free....the business owner should have had his name and address BEFORE he allowed himself to enter into a contract with the man.

You CANNOT defend your business as you would defend your home....your belongings in your home are protected by their location your assets in your business are not....this psychopath knew full well that a specific amount of shoplifting happens in the retail environment and he chose to set a deadly trap for a shoplifter...this guy is a bonafide psychopath and he is also a pre-meditated murderer.

No...you dont get to protect your business under the auspices of the Consitution as if it were your domicile or home....unless it IS both your home and business...meaning if you LIVE in your business.

Slap this murderer in jail and on the way tell him we dont give a darn about his possesions or business or money....he killed for those things and he will now serve a lifetime in jail for that killing....he killed for money NO DIFFERENT THAN A DRUG DEALER...now he should be in jail or on death row.

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding. For the most asinine post in the entire thread.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
Hey man, Jesus said so himself, he is not here to usurp the old laws, in fact he is to enforce the laws of His Father.

Matthew 5:17-20 New King James Version (NKJV)
Christ Fulfills the Law

17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

Seems pretty clear he is enforcing the laws of the ten commandments. Not only Christian, but Jewish too! I like when things in writing help us in our winning.

The end of lives can also be stimulating for the local economy. After all insurance policies have to be paid out, funeral homes make money, for their family to spend at other businesses. Or even invest in other businesses for other jobs.

One must never doubt the Capitalist ways, they maximize production and ensure no tragedy is wasted. That even in death there can be production. Its not like they are going to order a Chinese casket on Amazon or Wal-Mart. A craftsman stays employed and in practice

edit on 10-16-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Dbl post..very slow tonight
edit on 16-10-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I would like to think Christianity has grown beyond that. Don't get me wrong, stealing is wrong, but not worthy of capital punishment.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

*Checks Bible*

You know, I've read this whole book and just checked to make sure and... well. . "Vonclod" is mentioned nowhere. It's not mentioned as someone who can judge my intentions, it's not mentioned as someone who can judge my motives, and it sure as hell is not listed as someone who's judgement of my religious beliefs mean jack squat to me. Maybe in some other religion's texts "vonclod" is directly referenced, but in Christianity, it simply ain't.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

You’d fit in just fine with IS....

Nah, I'll stick with Christianity over that death cult, thank you very much.

The hypocrisy is real with this one... 🤦🏻‍♂️🙄
You do you guy I hope if someone with your ideals ever gains power here that you’ll never be in position where you have to steal food to feed your family, but I suppose you’d off yourself before resorting to that...

So this guy was going to eat the hatchet?

Come on now I didn’t say that I’m just saying advocating death to all thieves is asinine.

But you changed the argument from a theft of property to a need to eat. This guy wasn't stealing to feed his family; he was stealing because he thought he could get away with it. And you decided to criticize the poster with a an ad hominem argument simply because he suggested the theft was the cause of the issue in the first place.

My argument didn’t change I was making a point about his hardline views on the punishment of criminals and trying in vain to make the point that it’s not always cut and dry there are different types of theft and different motivations. Not saying I condone theft but I also don’t condone capital or extreme punishment for petty crimes unlike the person I was having the to and fro with. If everyone who has ever stolen something in someone else’s eyes (for example sharing a Netflix password with a friend, might not seem like theft to you but the folks at Netflix would label you a thief because you are violating their TOS and defrauding them of income they would otherwise have) there’d be very few people left with hands or in the extreme view like said poster would even be alive. I’m trying to demonstrate that there are gray areas and to advocate summary executions for theft is mind boggling. I didn’t take issue with the fact that the guy wouldn’t have been in the situation if he wasn’t trying to steal, I was arguing that his views on what the punishment for theft in general should be and was asking questions about different scenarios to see just how far his psycopathic stance on the punishment for theft extended and yes I included some hyperbole to try to demonstrate my point.

Y’all can consider me soft on criminals all you want but I merely feel the punishment should fit the crime which I don’t see as a bad position. I’m all for capital punishment for murderers and rapists and the like, not for someone stealing something valued well under $100, if y’all feel that that’s what a life is worth I don’t know what to say it seems twisted to me to shoot someone over the simple theft of something that cost 1/10th or less the cost of the handgun used to blow away the thieve.

This will be last post on the subject of the acceptable punishment for theft should be as to not derail this thread any further.

ETA-

Or perhaps we should just say that stealing isn't a crime. Problem solved. See what I did there?

Since when is arguing that insane punishments for theft the same as saying that theft should be decriminalized? Because I certainly never said such a thing that guy should be alive and awaiting his court date to receive a sane punishment for the crime, is that really an asinine thing to say? I’m no fan of thievery but I’m also a fan of people getting a fair trial and a punishment that meets the severity of the crime. This wasn’t armed robbery or B&E this was petty shoplifting let’s do try to keep that in mind before we sing the praises of the store owner.
edit on 10/17/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

not for someone stealing something valued well under $100, if y’all feel that that’s what a life is worth

You would need to ask the thief why they placed such a pathetic, low value on their own life.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Correct

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Clever response.

Funny as it is, I don't claim to be in the bible.
And I can judge all I like..all day, every day, to my hearts content..deal with it.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

zero justification what so ever

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

What in the hell are you talking about?

You can't make some generalization like 'You know our state has a history of mentally unhinged criminals, so this guy must have been a crazy S.O.B in possession of a lethal weapon' and then jump to the conclusion that he was going to use the hatchet to commit a crime...

In the world of fallacies and terrible logic, we call this 'reaching'. It's a hasty generalization at best. Aside from the fact this logic has nothing objectively factual about it, and is ultimately your own subjective opinion and assumptions; the man was running away, and petty theft is not punishable by death.

Stop trying to justify objectively bad behavior.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I actually can't believe you are a moderator.... What in the hell are you talking about? This kind of mentality is what led to Trayvon Martin being killed, along with countless other innocent people..

Sure, this guy stole a hatchet. Big fricking deal. You gather evidence, attempt to physically apprehend him if need be, and then you wait for the cops to show up. I mean this is a hell of a slippery slope to place your argument on... Theft under $500, never has, and never will be punishable by death.. In fact, no kind of theft is punishable by death... What do you propose? Next time some nine year old kid steals a candy bar, let's just shoot him over a frickin $2 candy bar???

Human apathy is why the world is such a wretched place as it is now...
edit on 18-10-2018 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Now that I'm reading some of these comments; some of you folks are literally mentally unhinged...

Yes, by all means quote the Bible for all of the legal validity that holds...

Not to mention last I checked, your God also condoned slavery, rape, marrying a rape victim to their attacker, stoning your unruly children, stoning people to death for wearing two different kinds of fabrics, etc...

But I know, I know... The infamous cherry-picking cop out of "But that's the Old Testament!!"

I literally have to /facepalm had how stupid an argument this is, and how little brain cells it takes to completely ignore the fact your 'god' is in no way, a supreme moral authority. It doesn't matter whether it was the Old Testament or the New. Anybody who worships a person claiming to be God, who thinks rape and slavery, and incest is okay.. Has SERIOUS issues.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Since petty theft warrants amputations, even death, if they commit 'worse than petty' theft, does that mean we should also get to torture them?

And I've seen a lot of bad movies, tv shows, and so on. Each one an hour so of my life stolen away, with no possible way to get it back. Time is the most precious irreplaceable commodity you see. So maybe its time we start hunting down crappy movie directors, producers, script writers, hell maybe even key grips, and lynching them in the town square?

Where is the roof on this thing?!?

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Isnt the Bible, Jesus, all about forgiveness?

Nah, cut off his hands so he becomes an invalid that cant barely wipe his own arse, let alone feed and support his own family.

Sounds like the perfect long term strategy to see handless mens children grow up to become thieves, the sooner the better, so then we cant cut off their hands too!

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
also reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Amputations And torture are such depraved actions. It is always more merciful to shoot a criminal, and bring them a swift death as a message to anarchists and bad seed to not act rash in our state. Trust me, it will help to continue to reduce crime overall. And I already used the law to show this man can legally be acquitted.

There is an election coming up if anyone feels these laws should read a bit differently. But I think k they seem to be just fine.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Who is 'we' and 'us/our'; you've spoken is plurals multiple times now..

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: VeritasAequitas

Who is 'we' and 'us/our'; you've spoken is plurals multiple times now..

Judging by his pyscopathic hardline opinions with zero wiggle room I’d say it’s including the “voices”.

Really worldstar the laws are just fine until some zealot like you twists them to justify your hardline opinions, perhaps you need to be the one trying to get the punishment for theft up to your standards because the rest of the sane population seems to be just fine with having the punishment for the crime, not so much in your case. You showed how he COULD get off if the jury used your reasoning I’m willing to bet the screen a bit better in the jury selection so those with your level of bloodlust won’t be stacking the jury.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
We believe the law is behind commissioner Dunn and that he will prevail with victory. Some parties are working dilligently to make certain he walks free.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Dont taze me bro!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join