It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are too fat. . . fatty fat fat

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Ding...ding...ding.

I eat like a horse, as well. I'm in my mid-50's, so my metabolism isn't the raging furnace it once was...I'm still within 10 lbs of my weight at 25--the common thread, I'm very active, and plan on staying that way.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I'd say it's more of a culture.

You eat what your parents eat in a lot of cases. I'm unusual in that I had different tastes than my family, so I didn't fall into the trap. I was raised on the standard fast food diet ... and hated it.

I don't live it now that I have the power to pick my own diet.

But my sister fell right into it.

However, I have noticed a lot about how my palate has changed in terms of taste since I've shaped my own diet for myself. You do get used to certain levels of fat, salt, sugar, etc., and it's hard to shape your tastes around that. So if you're raised on a certain diet, your tastes are geared to it.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Same here. I do know that if I'm going for a load of firewood it's nothing for me to have 4 eggs 1/2 lb bacon and some skillet potatoes drenched in white gravy for breakfast. I swear it's like putting gas in the tractor before mowing.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Yes, I cook a lot of veg only stews, not always meat. I grew up poor so it is the food I like.
Honestly, in the UK it is absolute lies that healthy fresh food is too expensive for poor people. It is actually cheaper to cook fresh and healthy, I know, I'm lazy and hate working so I cook healthy cheap food as part of my 'keep it low' budget.
Poverty is the lamest excuse for fat people in the UK, it could be an oxymoron.

EDIT
But I eat loads of junk food when I'm working. The intake/consumption ratio is the obvious factor which explains why I am not fat.
edit on 13-10-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

This may sound weird but the older I get the less craving for MEAT I have. We love veg here and have at least two maybe three for supper. It's almost time for a big ole pot of veg soup as the temp is starting to drop here in TX.

It wasn't long ago (3-months?) we were traveling & I asked wife if she was hungry. Yep...stopped off at McD's. I swear the first bite was soo gross I had to spit it out. Our dog wouldn't even eat the burger meat. That's saying something. Salt...it had a lot of salt along with an indescribable beef flavor that wasn't real. The pickles were OK. We both agreed that there was a reason we didn't eat FF anymore and hadn't for 20 years or more.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CADpro
Not weird at all, totally understandable.
Healthy fresh food is cheap in every town in the UK within walking distance.
People are lazy and make lame excuses in the overwhelming majority of cases in my life.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
A few points to make because I was out running errands.

And by running errands I mean sitting in my hov-a-round poking Gunther (my manservant) with a stick.

First off, I wore more than shoes. And they are pink with glitter for the person who asked the color.

Second, for the person who didn't see a problem with this; Government "recommendations" are fine as long as it is just recommendations. Anything else and it is a violation of individual freedoms and responsibilities.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Lmao I ignore laws all the time so you can keep your govt recommendations and shove them haha!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Lmao I ignore laws all the time so you can keep your govt recommendations and shove them haha!

If I shoved every government regulation I didn't like, I'd look like Richard Gere on a Saturday night.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis
A personal pizza that cooks in the microwave is $1.00

A nice healthy salad is $8.00+

What do YOU think a person with limited income is able to buy for a meal?

They wonder why the poor are tired, over-weight, and have no energy. Near-sighted 'make a law to fix the problem' paper-pushers are full of hot air, and more worried about staying in office than actually helping people.

You can eat vegan and be poor. BeAns, rice, and local veggies aren't too expensive. Tofu is cheap too.

Sure.. Junky microwave/canned food is fast and probably the cheapest.

It's really a trap that is set for poor people. However, most people know or have the recourses to know how to cook healthy affordable food. So I can't feel too bad.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yea, unfortunately, like many things in life we are placed in those traps from parents who didn't think about it. Yet, as adults, we can't blame our background.

I was fat and ate loads of junk food as a kid. Eventually I just started thinking for myself. Oddly enough, conspiracy played a role in me eating healthy.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

You're exactly right. With fast food being a convenience quick N easy, people now days are either too lazy or too busy to spend 30 mins a day preparing food for themselves & family.

I can't imagine how much money a family of 4 would spend each month just on McNasties. I figure the time someone gets off their butt, gets into the car, and drive to the BurgerHut & back again, supper could have been already prepared at home.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Authority is lame in Britain for minor stuff, you can take the proper piss here, jail is really hard to get. Don't believe the crap you read.
In my parts cops and authority is a secondary after thought.
On-topic, if people want to eat themselves fat then good luck to them if they only harm themselves.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
What me fat, Noooooo!, honestly Nooooo!

Now were did I put that bag of tesco donut's.

Seriously though Yes it is true for a lot of us, I am personally a compulsive eater as well which I think is probably a common problem these days.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
What me fat, Noooooo!, honestly Nooooo!

Now were did I put that bag of tesco donut's.

Seriously though Yes it is true for a lot of us, I am personally a compulsive eater as well which I think is probably a common problem these days.

I tend to eat when I am bored, so I came up with things to do to keep my fingers occupied. Why else do you think I taught myself to crochet? It takes two hands and all my fingers. I used to read a lot more than I do now (I miss it too), but I could hold a book with one hand and eat with the other ... not good.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy If you call me fat again, I will sit on you and squash you like a bug. One of those foam cushions they advertise with a woman sitting on an egg won't help if I sit on you.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Listen to what this fat bastard eats.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The average human packs about 110,000 calories.
I can run on that for weeks.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I’m built like a Jedi so I think I’ll be able to avoid this one. But a pizza does sound good right about now!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I think we had this discussion when Michelle Obama had calorie limits imposed on school lunches.

Your caloric intake can vary depending on what you're doing. If you had the Rock's daily workout regimen, then you'd need his caloric intake too. At that level of activity, what matters most is quality of calories. He needs to pack in nutrient dense, calorie dense food in order to fuel his workout regime.

What he eats would turn most of us into 600 lb lard buckets in no time.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join