It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are too fat. . . fatty fat fat

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: skunkape23

I think we had this discussion when Michelle Obama had calorie limits imposed on school lunches.

Your caloric intake can vary depending on what you're doing. If you had the Rock's daily workout regimen, then you'd need his caloric intake too. At that level of activity, what matters most is quality of calories. He needs to pack in nutrient dense, calorie dense food in order to fuel his workout regime.

What he eats would turn most of us into 600 lb lard buckets in no time.
I'm afraid if I smoke-dried that woman and consumed it, I may turn into an over-weight gay black man with no legit birth-certificate...and then end up the POTUS against my will.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If a fat tax every comes to fruition, Wisconsin is screwed big time!

We need beer and cheese in our blood to keep warm in winter!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Haha! I did KFC today, and these bad boy Pork Pies right now.

Ummm...yummy...Rape seed oil...and Pork gelatin...

Gotta be something in there for the #metoo movement to protest...am I right...?

YouSir

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Already have some of that in the US, the sugar tax is gaining traction or so it's what they want you to think.

Carbon taxes are in the same position. Let those happen, then surely see a BMI carbon tax if not just per person in household.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
My gut is bought and paid for *shotguns beer*

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Already have some of that in the US, the sugar tax is gaining traction or so it's what they want you to think.

Carbon taxes are in the same position. Let those happen, then surely see a BMI carbon tax if not just per person in household.

Oh, they couldn't do a per person in household tax ... all the poor households where it's just mom and all her kids by all those different men! Good heavens, think of the children! How on earth would they pay? Nope. They'd have to find a way to tax that households with less people and more income more to offset that.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
So people shouldn't be helped not to become addicted to bad things then?

Or are you one of those who tout "free will" even though you need knowledge and understanding to truly choose "freely" - something most humans don't have.

I think this is an intelligent way to go about curbing a public health crisis.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

So I guess none of those pencil pushers ever thought that by limiting what comes in a meal they are just forcing the poor to spend more money on two meals to satisfy their appetite.

Eat a pizza sandwich combining two individual pizzas with different toppings to get a regular pizza the way you like.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Instead of a large pizza, people will just eat two medium pizzas.

Don't fat shame me bro.

I order cheese fries from this place, and they give me 4 plastic forks.

When I order takeout, they ask why I'm only ordering 1 drink...

When kids knock on my door at Halloween they give ME candy

edit on 14-10-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   

So many posts and nobody understands the word "guidelines".

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese
Guidelines are useful but I can't see them affecting the number of obese people in the UK.
Personally I'd bring cookery classes back to schools and 1 hour physical education (circuit training) every day. I'll never be Prime Minister though so meh to my idea lol

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I agree with teaching kids to cook.
Its not only way healthier to cook your own stuff, but cheaper and it liberates you from eating rubbish.

I made a lamb ragout the other day(Daughter wanted it) for the price of a single Domino's pizza I made enough for 5 people and NO ONE was hungry for the rest of the night.

Of course, I know how to cook, so it was easy, but some people can't even cook bacon ffs. (I am not joking, either).

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Husband watched a TED talk given by a military guy who was talking about the obesity issue. That was one of his points - too much food, not enough quality food, and not enough physical activity for kids = too many kids who can't pass the military's basic physical exam even when they want to.

Too many kids don't even have a PE class anymore and recess is being cut way down on top of that.

After my husband watched it (all on his own), I looked at him and said, "Do you see why I have ours doing the things he's doing and we're eating like we are?"

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK
So true about cooking being cheaper than processed #. I understand that the situation seems to be different in the US for many folk but in Britain, as you know, there is a Tesco's or Lidl/aldi/asda within walking distance of pretty much everyone.
The walk keeps you fit, and the cheap fresh produce is available to feed loads of people real food for cheap.
People who are obese in the UK are mainly due to their own life choices, I'm sick of hearing the absolute lie that poor people can't afford healthy food.

I'm lucky I guess, I had cookery classes in school so knew the basics well, and when I left home at 16 I had to cook because there were no convenience foods around back then really aside from sausage rolls lol.
...I've also been so poor I've only had spaghetti 'soup' with an oxo cube to eat back in the day.
Poverty does not = fatty food, it is a lame and dishonest excuse in the UK.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I never learned much form school cookery to be honest.
Where I did learn, was watching Keith Floyd.
Seriously, he was a genius and gave simple instructions for classic recipes. (Rather like the Hairy Bikers do, but even easier).

Jamie Oliver is ok, but often his recipes are fluffed up a bit too much for someone new at cooking to feel like they can do it.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
The crazy thing is it would save billions in the long term if kids had to do physical exercise an hour a day in school, and not baton twirling, real exercise breaking a sweat. The health of the UK would improve in a generation for sure, less drain on the NHS, fitter workforce, and easily done.
They could even do it to help working parents out as an after school compulsory training session, those kids will munch their healthy meal at home afterwards like hungry animals.

Right now though I'm just seeing more and more fat people and it makes me a bit sad, especially when I see fat kids, that breaks my heart, no excuse, and certainly not poverty in the UK, healthy food is cheap here.
330ml can of coke in my local shop £0.99, 1 litre carton of orange juice £0.50, it ain't rocket science.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK
Ah I learned to make stews and casseroles in school as well as how to thicken with flour, and basic flatbreads for my carbs.
Honest healthy food is all we need and the mad thing is it makes you feel full for longer than the processed micro meal #.
Don't get me wrong, I eat that # myself quite a lot but I'm active and burn off what I've eaten.
I said earlier, town/civilisation is nearly 300 old stone smugglers steps down my hill and I do that sometimes 4 or 5 times a day so I can eat crap.
Sitting on my arse all day and eating crap food whenever I like I would be fat, the excuses are lame as # in my opinion.
I have no problem with fat people, good luck to them, just don't insult my intelligence with a lame arsed excuse for eating too much and being lazy.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

No, it's really not. People are just ignorant.

They see the immediate price tag on an instant meal vs. thinking about how using the apparently more expensive ingredients to cook a large batch spreads out to actually make several cheaper meals.

Plus, very few people actually bother to know how to cook, really cook, beyond slapping a frozen convenience meal in the microwave.

Like tonight, we're making pozole. 1 large chicken ($8), garlic ($2 - we use a lot), onion ($0.25? - we buy a large bag at a time so estimating), cilantro ($1.25 - free in summer; we grow it), pepitas ($2 - buy in bulk), tomatillos ($2), jalapenos ($0.50), limes ($2), lettuce ($2.25), avocado $6 to $8 - expensive), 2 cans hominy $2) - $28.25

This will feed three of us tonight, feed me lunch tomorrow, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and likely Friday, will probably feed all three of us at least one other supper. So we'll get at least 11 meals out of it (maybe more). So, we're spending about $2.60 per meal on this - and this is one of the more expensive meals in our repertoire.

Additionally, we'll be getting about 4 to 8 extra cups of homemade chicken stock out of this that we can freeze and use as needed for other recipes. With both Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up, that's a good deal to have that sitting in the freezer.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

There are some interesting things on the web (mostly on paleo sites) that point to widespread use of grains and legumes as a driver in obesity.
(Mostly due to the way that when you eat things made with wheat, your insulin spikes and turns all the carbs into glycogen which can leave a lot of people hungry again soon after.
I've always found the best way to control appetite is to make sure there is a decent amount of fat in what you are cooking. (fatty meat tends to taste a bit better too, imo).

One thing you might want to try that I recently started doing is having bulletproof coffee with breakfast.
Its just decent, ground coffee from a cafetiere, 2 spoons of butter and one of coconut oil tipped in a blender and whizzed up.
Tastes way better than you would think. Kind of like a latte from costa but a fraction of the cost and the coconut oil supposedly helps your brain get working while the butter provides some fat to keep you from getting hungry until lunchtime.

Certainly increases my work rate when I am on it

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Cookery lessons back in school and PE then

I'm the same as you but since my son moved out I now cook then have a zillion takeaway containers of stuff in the freezer.
A couple of hours cooking (if that) then loads of meals to heat up for the week or month ahead.
It is so simple, and I agree for some there is lack of knowledge/cooking skills, but for many it is just laziness and convenience.
...my son only moved to the house next door so he does 'borrow' containers from my freezer sometimes if he's had a hard day physically working. I like that, makes me feel like 'dad' again lol

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join