It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are too fat. . . fatty fat fat

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: DBCowboy

I just ordered us a stuffed crust pizza smothered with Big Macs and extra pepperoni.

we actually have a major pizza chain that has a new "burger pizza". pretty much a giant hamburger patty and toppings on a full size pizza crust. haven't tried it yet.

www.google.com.ph... sg=AI4_-kRxb7saMjgfCqOTJ555Yp-pbrP5nA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjPx8Ld_oPeAhUJIIgKHTbTDIgQ9QEwAnoECAUQBA#imgrc=wkffb2azONdCTM:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Why not? I mean why not put a limit on it. Parents clearly aren't able to stop their children from getting hold of chocolate (apparently), the poor (myself included although I have no children) cannot afford the healthiest choice so why not limit the pizzas etc. Hell I'm all about educating kids on whats good for them and what isn't but at what point do we have to do something on a larger scale? (Heh scale lol) I mean I'm 16 and a half stone and have been the same exact weight for about four or five years, I'm six foot 2 and have been told I need to lose about three stone and that my ideal weight is between 11 and 12 stone (that isn't happening) but still putting a cap on certain food is a great idea BUT as long as it doesn't go up in price and labeled a healthy choice or something. If it stays the same price I do not see a problem with it.

Remember all us fat people and obese people use the NHS and our over eating lack of exercise etc. is putting a strain on the NHS so why not do it? Hell I'm all for a ban on smoking inside and outside (near by) any hospital. When children are getting larger why not do something country wide to try and ease back on the kids becoming so big they have to use boomerangs to put on their belts?
edit on 13-10-2018 by Dwoodward85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
Let people eat themselves fat if they are adults I say.
The fat kids I see I think is child abuse though, poverty in the UK is absolutely not the cause, it's mostly laziness in my opinion.
"Too busy to cook cheap healthy food" absolute and total crap excuse, just too lazy. I brought my child up half the week as a single parent and I always cooked healthy food.
To US people I see you say healthy food is expensive for you guys, but it ain't in the UK, check out Tesco stores, or Asda online, there is one within walking distance of every town these days. My local Tesco even gives out free fruit to kids who are with their parents shopping, I know folk who go there straight after school to buy say a pint of milk but their kids get free fruit.

Laziness, and taking in more calories than are used is the overwhelming majority reason for fat people in the UK.
Good luck to people if they want to be lazy and fat, doesn't bother me, but I feel sorry for their fat kids.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: generik
pretty much a giant hamburger patty and toppings on a full size pizza crust. haven't tried it yet.

DB calls that 'Elevensies'.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

i just want to say that stone is the most annoying way to measure weight.

thats it

link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Anyone that says healthy food is to expensive hasn't figured out how to grow vegetables in a pot, or bothered to learn where the local farmers market is, or the local butcher shop.

Me and the wife were slipping into the fast food thing till recently, we took a page out of our grand parents lives.

Crock pot meal on Monday, bake/skillet food on Tuesday, leftovers on Wed, steak or fish on Thursday, followed by more crock pot cooking on Friday.

There are so many meals you can do with a crock pot it will take us quite a while to get repetitive.

also got to teach your kid to be active, part of the reason Ive started Jiu Jitsu again and the wife will join me as soon as she is cleared to do so post C-section. We plan to raise the boy around martial arts, hunting, hiking and such to hopefully keep him from being part of the problem.

link   
I expected this thread to be about Rosie O'Donnell.
How disappointing.

As for obesity, it's certainly a problem.
Whenever I get a flight and am weighing my carry on bags, I think of the fatty who will undoubtedly be sitting next to me, spilling into my seat.
I could have brought 10 carry on bags and weighed half as much.

edit on 13/10/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

thats it

I've grown up metric, some of the old guys at work can be a pain with their stupid measurements of fractions of inches, like wtf, nobody uses it anymore, sooner they die off the better.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: TinySickTears

thats it

I've grown up metric, some of the old guys at work can be a pain with their stupid measurements of fractions of inches, like wtf, nobody uses it anymore, sooner they die off the better.

cool

inch - millimeter - stone???

i dont understand

i convert inches to millimeters all the time at work
never convert any of it to stone

stand by what i said

cant just say 14 lbs or 6.5kg?
gotta use this stone bull#??

edit on 13-10-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

jiu jitsu and carrots dude

youre gonna be in great shape

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears
I'm with you man, I don't do stone (well not in weight lol) I'm all metric, 184cm tall, 85kg weight, simple and easy to 'visualise'.
Every building product in the UK is in 25kg measures, so a bag of cement, sand, or plaster is 25kg.
I weigh 3 and a half bags of cement, or 85 litres of water. Imperial measurements should die out like the old boys who still use them in Britain lol

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

The fixings for a nice healthy salad might be that, but you buy your greens, you buy the right veggies, etc. ... $8. You have enough, especially, if you're talking off the produce aisle, that you have more than one nice healthy salad out of it.

So the reality is that $8 is spread out over more than one meal unless you are truly loading up a trough like a horse and eating as much as a horse.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Good plan man

I got my lad into rugby aged six, he loved it and now plays for our town in the English RFU league.
He can pick me up and throw me these days he trains so much, could easily do me in a fight lol.
Fat = lazy in the overwhelming majority of cases in the UK.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Setting "recommended" calorie limits is dumbness, dumbed down.

I was in our local supermarket the other day and they had pizzas with chocolate toppings for sale. And no, I'm not in the UK, I live in a teeny town in the Czech Republic, where "food trends" filter through verrrrry sloooooooowly.

Chocolate pizza? Like, WHAT??

Simple fact: people who want eat more than they need to eat, will find ways to fulfill that need. Govt regs will not stop this, unless they are so draconian that we need permission to but everything we buy.

I guess it might get to that, but I hope I'm dead by then.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy
Good foryou,mate. When I was a kid, if Mum caught us inside watching TV and it wasn't pouring with rain and literally freezing cold, she'd pull the plug on the telly and tell us to get outside and play. We were better for it.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike
Sorry off topic but I never knew you were in Czech.
One of my closest female friends is Czech and she cooks amazing food, really healthy, all ingredients fresh...I love her, and we agreed we'd have done a phony marriage if EU nationals didn't get the recent guarantee that they could stay.
I absolutely love traditional healthy cheap Czech food.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I put my own shoes on today.

Took a while and I had to take a break in between, but I felt the burn.

Tomorrow?

I may even take them off. (I want to pace myself)

Did you put on clothes too or just the shoes?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Your house sounds a bit like ours.

Big meal on Sunday, expensive, but make enough to feed leftovers for a dinner or two and lunches during the week.

Buy greens (romaine and spinach and a spring mix) and "table veggies" root veggies that cut and store well (caulifower, carrots, turnip, radish, broccoli, chayote). These can be simply placed on the table to go with dinners, eaten as snack, or cut finer to go on salads.

Buy some fish for one or two meals during the week. Buy another piece of protein (a single strip steak for salad, chicken breast, pork chop, etc.) and use it either in skillet or on grill top for easy meal with veggies or cut up and serve over greens with cut veggies for salad.

Always look for goods with as few of ingredients as possible - natural peanut butter, jelly that's just fruit, juice, pectin, etc.

And don't eat huge plate loads.

When we shop, we have a budget. It's an impossible target to make, but the purpose isn't as much about not spending money as it is to keep us from buying junk. I take a calculator so we know we're not blowing our target.

Kiddo is in tae kwon do, and the instructor tells them they won't do enough just going to practice. They have to work at home. So we (mainly me) work with him for at least 20 minutes a day in the morning before we go anywhere. In the past year, I've dropped about 2 clothing sizes.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike
Haha yes!
We were out miles away from home when I was a kid. No mobile phone contact, just exploring. I did the same with my son, hiking, kayaking, cliff jumping in the sea, camping, just fun stuff.
I think many parents just make excuses because they are lazy.
...I'll be flamed for it, I know, but that is what I genuinely believe from life experience.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Limit Baba or Hummus or kibby and there will be riots in the street

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join