It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House to Unveil Federal Cannabis Reform 'Very Soon", Says GOP Lawmaker

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Bag? You should get a holster for that thing! Packin’ Heat!!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Muninn

Bag? You should get a holster for that thing! Packin’ Heat!!!!

Lol.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Sounds like a midterms strategy by the GOP. I hope it's true but I won't hold my breath.

You are kidding, right?

Uniform State Narcotic Drug Act was pushed under Franklin Roosevelt, a democrat.

Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 was introduced by Robert Doughton, a democrat.

Controlled Substances Act of 1970 was introduced by Harley Staggers, a democrat, when the 91st United States Congress which held a democratic House and Senate majority passed the act, then it signed by Republican Richard Nixon, who even Republicans hate and regret. I'm 100% certain Hubert Humphrey would have signed it had he been elected.

Dont intend to sound like a jerk. Just want you to be woke on reality. Democratic party is the party of restricting liberty -- not Republicans.
edit on 11-10-2018 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BiffWellington

The day this reform passes is the same day that large swaths of stoners quit smoking weed because Trump did it.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Why are the waiting until after the midterms?

They could have pushed this through months ago and took a chunk out of DEM midterms support.

Either they expect the Dems to win the house and are doing their best to seem bipartisan ahead of time and/or Sessions is going to be out and he will stop blocking changes.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: DBCowboy

Because the actual result will be underwhelming. But by teasing something now maybe they can gain some votes for their side.

Just like the crap on local news. . .

"THE 5 THINGS INSIDE YOUR HOME THAT WILL KILL YOU RIGHT NOW!"

Film at eleven. . . .

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Why are the waiting until after the midterms?

They could have pushed this through months ago and took a chunk out of DEM midterms support.

Either they expect the Dems to win the house and are doing their best to seem bipartisan ahead of time and/or Sessions is going to be out and he will stop blocking changes.

It's something to run on and nothing more.

They can say, "I wrote a bill to legalize, but. . . "

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Because the actual result will be underwhelming. But by teasing something now maybe they can gain some votes for their side.

Just like the crap on local news. . .

"THE 5 THINGS INSIDE YOUR HOME THAT WILL KILL YOU RIGHT NOW!"

Film at eleven. . . .

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

They double tax it here at government dispensarys you pay about 10 dollars a gram and 12 dollars in taxes,not like going to a non profit one,same stuff 10 bucks,yes government sees potential tax money

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

And the Golden Boy, Reagan, declared a War on Drugs. While laws against marijuana were on the books before that, it was that event that demonized it to the point that a person's life could be ruined for possession.

But let's not talk about that because it blows up your entire narrative about how the Republicans wish marijuana was legal but those damn Democrat squares get off on it being illegal.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

trumps base will inflate anything coming out of the WH as bright and shiney without even understanding the legislation.

Any thinking adult will see it as pathetic pandering and just more government intrusion and regulations.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

My mind went to NASA.

"We've made a discovery that will change everything as we know it! Give us money and tune in to our press conference!"

*One month later*

"So here is this minor thing we found that won't actually have an impact on your life and you'll only really care about if you work at NASA. Can we still have that money?"

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

But let's not talk about that because it blows up your entire narrative about how the Republicans wish marijuana was legal but those damn Democrat squares get off on it being illegal.

That must have been an alternate timeline Marty McFly created by screwing up in some way with those "reefer addicts."

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Democratic party is the party of restricting liberty -- not Republicans.

Not as far a pot goes in Texas.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Any thinking adult will see it as pathetic pandering and just more government intrusion and regulations.

actually any thinking adult will see that its progress, and that reducing the schedule level of a drug, or rolling back regulations a bit is actually LESS gov........

This really isnt hard.....

The problem is people who hate Trump ARENT thinking adults, they will literally hate anything he does without thought.....

And this is coming from a guy whose avatar was made for him from a member, because I was always getting flamed for not supporting Trump during the elections....

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Dont intend to sound like a jerk. Just want you to be woke on reality. Democratic party is the party of restricting liberty -- not Republicans.

BS...the biggest restriction to personal liberty was the patriot act. Bush...a republican.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Sounds like a midterms strategy by the GOP. I hope it's true but I won't hold my breath.

Actually, if You HOLD Your breath it works quicker, better, looonger. So "Survey says 'Hold Your breath on this deal'..."

Sew, there You have it..

In other news... The ZigZagMan told Me that if this does indeed pass, He will get another tattoo of Me, so there is that too...

Typing about 'passing'...

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

www.congress.gov... the house one that passed allready i belive

www.congress.gov... senate bill that has yet to pass but does include sentencing reform and seems to imply getting rid of mandatory minimums we are living in the best timeline

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Well, fingers crossed

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

texas republicans are actually backing legalization www.beaumontenterprise.com...

Abbott is right to support dialing back pot penalties Updated 1:10 pm CDT, Monday, October 8, 2018 When a conservative Republican like Gov. Greg Abbott says it’s time to dial back penalties for possessing small amounts of marijuana, you know it’s time for all Texans to consider it. This is an increasingly mainstream viewpoint, as proved by the Texas Republican Party, which also approved a plank in its platform this summer urging that low-level possession be treated a civil violation instead of a criminal charge. Again, you’re not going to get much more conservative than that organization.
the war is almost won....by the plant

www.marijuanamoment.net...

www.newsweek.com...

the Republican Party of Texas will now support the decriminalization of marijuana and use of medical marijuana. More than 8,000 Delegates representing the party voted to add a number of marijuana-related tenets to their official platform at their San Antonio party convention Saturday. In addition to decriminalization, the party voted to call for marijuana to be rescheduled to a lower class of drug federally and for the legalization of industrial hemp. Each measure passed with more than 80 percent of delegate votes. "We support a change in the law to make it a civil, and not a criminal, offense for legal adults only to possess one ounce or less of marijuana for personal use, punishable by a fine of up to $100, but without jail time," read one of the party’s new planks. “A majority of Americans want to see marijuana laws reformed. Republican delegates demonstrated over the weekend that they are no exception,” said Heather Fazio, spokeswoman for Texans for Responsible Marijuana Policy. “Sensible marijuana policy is not a partisan issue. It’s a matter of deploying public safety resources more efficiently and ensuring that penalties don’t carry the harsh collateral consequences currently associated with even a tiny amount of marijuana.” Over 60 percent of Americans now believe that marijuana should be legalized, according to Pew polling, and the majority of Republicans agree with the sentiment, according to Gallup. Republican officials, looking for a way to appeal to millennial and Gen Z voters, are taking note. Former Republican Speaker of the House John Boehner has publicly endorsed marijuana reform and announced in April that he would be joining the board of Acreage Holdings, a cannabis-focused investment company. “My thinking on cannabis has evolved,” he tweeted. “I’m convinced de-scheduling the drug is needed so we can do research, help our veterans, and reverse the opioid epidemic ravaging our communities.”

www.forbes.com...

Delegates at the Republican Party of Texas convention on Saturday voted to approve platform planks endorsing marijuana decriminalization, medical cannabis and industrial hemp. They are also calling for a change in cannabis's classification by the federal government.

if trump Decriminalizes and legalizes pot THEN issues blanket clemency to all NON violent marijuana offenders he will get a lot of votes . its why it would be ideal if he did it right before the midterms

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join