It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House to Unveil Federal Cannabis Reform 'Very Soon", Says GOP Lawmaker

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Trump wasn't President in 2014! roflmao

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

more like i'll beleive it when i see it. lol

what it reveals to me is some major desperation? makes me curious is all..

has he brought it up at his rallies yet?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

LOL woudnt it be great if Trump did this. How the hell would the dems hate him then?

Simple: CNN says they should, and they will.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Trump didn't do Jack sh!t in Colorado. That was a demb administration that passed recreational use. It started in Colorado...Jesus Christ bro.

So by that logic, no one should ever do anything else and never get credit in washington even if they fully legalize it, because "it happened in Colorado first"

Jesus christ indeed.........some serious mental gynmastics there "bro"

I didn't say that and you know it. I was just trying to explain how the govt. will control what you think will be free range.

My foots already in the door. I'm not complaining.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Because you do have to start somewhere, and this is a start.,.

Agreed. It doesn't matter who does it. The ridiculous war on this stuff has got to stop sometime. First step is to actually get a dialog started at the federal level, rather than just the old, "it's illegal and that's all there is to say about it." And once it's legalized then maybe law enforcement can stop lining their pockets with the drug cash and go back to catching actual criminals, including drug dealers (and companies) who sell stuff that is proven to be dangerous.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

News Flash, the government just isn't going abolish all MJ regulations and neither are the states. I can guarantee they are going to tax the sh!t out of it with only government approved dispensaries. Just like booze and tobacco.

News flash, you gotta start somewhere..........

Being a regular user, and aware of how business is conducted in America. I bought green stock when Colorado passed making recreational use legal. Canopy Growth and now Aphria. This isn't my first rodeo....I know how the system works.

Congrats, but really thats irrelevant.......

Because you do have to start somewhere, and this is a start.,....

I use to think it was ridiculous statement to say that Trump could cure cancer and the left call him the anti-christ and stick their head in a microwave......

Now im thinking its not so ridiculous.......

Trump didn't do Jack sh!t in Colorado. That was a demb administration that passed recreational use. It started in Colorado...Jesus Christ bro.
Crumbs.

Why so satisfied with the meager?

If the GOP do aim for more, of which you'll benefit, why complain?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BiffWellington

Why do it later?

Either do it now or shut the # up!

So tired of any politician saying. . "maybe I'll do this. . . maybe I won't, gonna have to wait and see!"

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

News Flash, the government just isn't going abolish all MJ regulations and neither are the states. I can guarantee they are going to tax the sh!t out of it with only government approved dispensaries. Just like booze and tobacco.

Being a regular user, and aware of how business is conducted in America. I bought green stock when Colorado passed making recreational use legal. Canopy Growth and now Aphria. This isn't my first rodeo....I know how the system works.

I use to think it was ridiculous statement to say that Trump could cure cancer and the left call him the anti-christ and stick their head in a microwave......

Trump didn't do Jack sh!t in Colorado.

Hold on, irrespective of the timing (2014 vs 2016), Trump has made it clear he would support a Bill throwing the MJ ball back into the States court, effectively leaving the Fed out of any further intrusion on States rights in this matter. So, endorsing MJ rights in States like Colorado IS doing some serious sh!t in contributing to the first steps in giving the plant back to the people.

link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I know, I was talking about the state govt. in Colorado that passed rec. use. try and keep up...

link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Arnie123

more like i'll beleive it when i see it. lol

what it reveals to me is some major desperation? makes me curious is all..

has he brought it up at his rallies yet?

Desperation?

Of course, its you and your skewed perspective that could reach such a conclusion.

More like strategy, but more so, something that needed to be eventually changed.

Wake up Knoxie, you seem brighter than the rest, this Admin isn't sitting down, behind the scenes is an active group consolidating power and IT.WILL.WIN 😐

link   
Re-reading through the article leads me to a couple of conclusions. First, the phrasing makes it sound like this is a chance in the Executive Branch's policy and not the Legislative.

That probably means we're either looking at the DOJ or the FDA.

The less likely option is that this is evidence for the rumor that Sessions is on the way out, Graham will be taking his place, and Haley will be taking his place.

What I think is more likely is that the FDA will be reclassifying marijuana as Scehdule II. Which ultimately means very little without Congress actually changing the law. It would pretty much put it at the same status as coc aine. Research can be performed and it has medical uses but it's still illegal to possess.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
How long before We read the tweet "But I have black friends.."?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I know, I was talking about the state govt. in Colorado that passed rec. use. try and keep up...
But that's his point, it took state level to make the push and for all its worth, only for its own state.

Here, we have an Admin looking further beyond and massively more powerful than any mere state, if the GOP can move for reform, Dims are crushed 😌

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

Yeah, I’m not giving my hopes up. Maybe they’ll just drop it down from a schedule 1 drug, which I would be pleased with. This is something I can support the WH on though.

But why now and all the sudden? Is Trump behind this? Perhaps to piss of his AG who is well know for being anti marijuana?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

hes also wanting to overrulle sessions on prison reform lol too bad it seems he wants to wait tell after the midterms if he gets it shoved through house and congress before midterms......... that would pick up a lot of independent votes

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Trump didn't do Jack sh!t in Colorado.

Hold on, irrespective of the timing (2014 vs 2016), Trump has made it clear he would support a Bill throwing the MJ ball back into the States court, effectively leaving the Fed out of any further intrusion on States rights in this matter. So, endorsing MJ rights in States like Colorado IS doing some serious sh!t in contributing to the first steps in giving the plant back to the people.

It isn't even legal in PA, yet CBD oil is being sold in gas stations and Pharmacies, PHARMACIES! My brother drives truck and has informed me of 3 LEGAL grow warehouses in a 50 mile radius.

Something is going on for sure...

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Hard to keep up when you constantly move the goalposts.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Because the actual result will be underwhelming. But by teasing something now maybe they can gain some votes for their side.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Abolishing federal manadatory minimums and private prisons would the best course of action. We’ll see what this admin actually does though cuz actions speak louder than words.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

How long before We read the tweet "But I have black friends.."?

Hang on and let me get my hot sauce out of my bag.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join