It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House to Unveil Federal Cannabis Reform 'Very Soon", Says GOP Lawmaker

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I have never understood how pot is seen as worse then alcohol and requires such control. May be tobacco industry is worried about competition.

Both the tobacco growers and booze bottlers have extremely powerful, well-funded PACs and they definitely don't like the competition. Unfortunately for them, tobacco sales are down, and even Forbes says that alcohol sales have dropped significantly in states where weed is legal. So they might not have the clout they used to.

It would be nice if it was all about personal freedom and rights, but it's mostly about demographic trends and money.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Considering the White House has only been asking for negative information about cannabis use in crafting this proposal over the past year I don’t think this is going in the direction people are hoping for.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Sounds like a midterms strategy by the GOP. I hope it's true but I won't hold my breath.

Trump said he'd show the GOP how to win. Hopefully they were paying attention when he kept promises, otherwise they will lose again.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Considering the White House has only been asking for negative information about cannabis use in crafting this proposal over the past year I don’t think this is going in the direction people are hoping for.

Also, none of what is being discussed here will effect folks current habits vis-a-vis weed consumption. If you want the weed, you can find the weed - pretty much the same in most countries.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I know it's not logic, it's about money and who gets it. That's our world.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
White House to Unveil Federal Cannabis Reform 'Very Soon", Says GOP Lawmaker

If the GOP is for it. Democrats will be against it.

After the midterms Democrats have bigger fish to fry.

Like Trumps tax returns,impeaching Trump,Impeaching Kavanuagh, Adding to Frank Dodd, and my personal favorite doing snip to the affordable shaft act.

It will be YEARS before D's get around to weed.

edit on 11-10-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: BiffWellington

A Republican lawmaker is quoted by Fox News indicating imminent federal movement on the weed subject shortly after the midterm elections, possibly as soon as this spring.

Dumb move. If the GOP wanted to reap the benefits of such a position change it needed to be done a year ago.

This approach means the Dems can take credit for the move since they'll have control of the House. Plus it's too far out to really have an impact on 2020.
You’re awful sure the Dems will take the House... counting chickens before they come home to roost ???? Are you aware of how many Dems are vacating the party lately? Y’all will have to recruit the Dead again 😂

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

REMINDER

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

If an observant person should have learned anything about politics it is that it is mostly empty promises.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Won't someone think of the children? All those little stoned children?

Is it wrong that I laughed when I thought about them?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You do realize that the Kavanaugh hearings that supposedly riled up the Republicans was only about a week ago and now no one cares, right?

The 24 hour news cycle has pretty much destroyed the impact of major events.

You do realize that the Kavanaugh circus dropped the generic poll from Dems ahead to even, right?

You think it is gone because it is not on CNN.

If you honestly think that it will have no impact on the midterms then I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Now go protest somewhere!

See you in the midterms.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I am not expecting anything form this, as it is most likely just a mid term swing.

But I would love to see some movement on medical usage front, no reason a family should have to risk jail for giving a kid that suffers from seizures some cannabis oil so they can have some sort of life.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Negative information and negative impact are completely different things.

Here's something you clearly haven't figured into the equation.

As much as you want it to be some "Reefer madness" hysteria. It's most likely they are looking at the negative impact cannabis has on society being illegal.

I mean you have been wrong for the last 2 years saying the cannabis sky is falling and all.

Why should I believe you now?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
runing on legalization would give a massive edge to the side that dose it

acctualy doing so would help future wins

even the most unliked canidate could score a win

there must be a massive amount of money being paied to stop politicians from using this powerful tactic

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Sounds like a midterms strategy by the GOP. I hope it's true but I won't hold my breath.

Yeah that what they want you to think to keep you divided.
When will you guys learn?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Also, none of what is being discussed here will effect folks current habits vis-a-vis weed consumption. If you want the weed, you can find the weed - pretty much the same in most countries.

The issue with me isn’t being able to easily find it, it’s being locked in a cage because you have a plant in your pocket and then having that affect the rest of your life.

Too many people have been criminalized over something innocuous in America and had their lives ruined and sometimes taken because of it.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

You might be right. Sessions would be pushing that way.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

Negative information and negative impact are completely different things.

Here's something you clearly haven't figured into the equation.

As much as you want it to be some "Reefer madness" hysteria. It's most likely they are looking at the negative impact cannabis has on society being illegal.

I mean you have been wrong for the last 2 years saying the cannabis sky is falling and all.

Why should I believe you now?

If you had actually looked into the information about this you’d have realized that it isn’t about the negative effects of keeping cannabis illegal. Quite the opposite.

According to their report, that committee has directed 14 federal agencies and the Drug Enforcement Administration to send the White House damming information on pot, even if no such information exists.

Link

If you have any information that shows what you’re saying is true, I’ll gladly give it a look. Until then it’s just your opinion, and the information available says otherwise.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I'm sure Rolling Stone was more than fair in their reporting on this effort.

edit on 11 10 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Just pull the Obamacare maneuver. Get people to vote for what they think it's going to be, win the election and then pass the exact opposite of what you promised and call anyone who brings it up a racist.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join