It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House to Unveil Federal Cannabis Reform 'Very Soon", Says GOP Lawmaker

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington
This is something new and possibly historic if it is to be believed.

LINK

It's about time.

A Republican lawmaker is quoted by Fox News indicating imminent federal movement on the weed subject shortly after the midterm elections, possibly as soon as this spring. No other outlets seem to have picked up this nugget as of yet, but cannabis is big news nowadays, and this is sure to shake things up a bit.

The idea that even one more person should be arrested or criminally charged for the mere possession of marijuana is a moral abomination and an affront to reason.

Here's hoping the people in charge finally do the right thing.

Good.

I think it's high time that they got out of the dark ages.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
lol reeks of desperation.

what's going on?

trotting Kanye out so elaborately. and, now the this. its funny.

Desperation?

To me it reeks of "In your FACE!"

Trump does not act out of desperation. He does however act in triumphant glee. Like, a lot.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
a reply to: BiffWellington
They may get money in the beginning from sales, but then people will just start growing their own. [...] The revenue will go down. So, in the end the Government loses, because not only will they grow their own, they will smoke it.

Not everybody has the room or inclination to grow their own. Hell, I could grow tomatoes, too, and I've done that in the past. But I don't have a green thumb, so they didn't turn out all that good. And by the time I added up what it cost me in time and fertilizer and effort, it turned out to be cheaper to buy excellent tomatoes at the store. So I don't think the government is going to be any more worried about that than they are about people who make their own wine or beer putting the liquor manufacturers out of business and losing taxes on that.

I didn't say "everybody". Anyone who is truly interested and excited about this may find a way to save expense. Just because someone doesn't know how to right now, doesn't mean they won't learn. I slow think you have a limited view on just how many people could grow it if they wanted to. you don't have to have all the gadgets, lamps and tents to grow it you know...there are fields of it that grow out in the open fields that the CIA raids constantly. Pot can grow similar to tomatoes really. Also, there is one more thing you're leaving out. Monsanto/Bayer are already in the works creating a genetically modified strain of marijuana to sell to the public, and you can bet that it's going to be cancerous and have all manner of abomination infused within the strand sequences. It will undoubtedly also be a weak strain....so people will have to buy more and more as they build a tolerance. It's the only way to ensure they get maximum gains...and that's just how business works. People will LEARN to grow their own, and there's no deficit of people out there who will teach them.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
LOL woudnt it be great if Trump did this. How the hell would the dems hate him then?

They are only saying it to try to get the Stoner (or wanna-be) votes.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

LOL woudnt it be great if Trump did this. How the hell would the dems hate him then?

They are only saying it to try to get the Stoner (or wanna-be) votes.

Not true. Stoners are not notorious for voting, caring anything about politics, or getting off the couch period. Seen them all my life and even lived with a few in my lifetime. They don't care much about anything. People who smoke pot may care somewhat...but Stoners certainly do not.
edit on 12-10-2018 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I heard about this, and here is what can be stated:

The person who made this statement is running for re-election, in her district in the state of California.

Personally I believe this is going to be a bait and switch kind of maneuver on the part of the federal government, telling people what they want to hear, while the reality is going to be the exact opposite. While some would say this would be a good thing, however, until the law makes its way through congress, and the new rules are posted, with the ink on it, signed and official, this is just something to help one person to keep the job and money that they have been accustomed to.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

I guess it depends on how you define stoner. I'm a VP for an IT company over our "Run" side of the business (We are split into a Run & Build divisions) with 376 employees under me.

Steve Jobs, The "PayPal" mafia, tons of silicon valley, etc. are known for smoking or taking other mind-expanding substances to get a view they may not have considered before. Personally, for me, I don't smoke at work, but do at home and am much more productive than when I decide to drink. As for politics, I've been deeply involved for the last 20 years, 3-5 years which I was too young to even vote myself.

They are stones who sit on the couch, don't vote, don't work, are lazy, and human trash. There are drunks who do exactly the same, and then there is the group who preaches about how much better they are then "the low lifes" while collecting section 8, pumping out kids, taking food stamps, and borrowing a wheelchair to roll in on while attempting to get disability. - Note: This is not a slam against those who truly are disabled, down in life needing a temporary hand, etc... but to those who have their Doctorate Degree in living off government welfare.

Guess my rant boils down to - Don't blame the drug, blame the user, or in some cases the non-user garbage people.

~Winter
edit on 12-10-2018 by Winterpain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

a reply to: Xcalibur254

This approach means the Dems can take credit for the move since they'll have control of the House.

Wake up its 4 oclock and you are still dreaming.

It's actually 420

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I never could understand how on earth the government and the citizens of this nation could ever feel good about punishing or more precisely, making millions of people... good human beings, many of who do some of the kindest acts such as volunteering their time to help others..... teach our kids how to read and write,... save our lives..... fight for our country, how they can feel good about making millions of people live in fear because they want to smoke a joint when they get home from work....... It's a shame we don't like each other that much.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
In my personal experience, kids love getting higher than anyone lol. I'm surprised I survived being a teenager.
a reply to: Blue Shift

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'm betting two things will happen.

1) Marijuana is removed from the Schedule 1 drug list

2) Medical Marijuana is approved at Federal Level

This will then pave the way for States to do as they like with legalization, as he promised during his campaign.

He's proven to be good at keeping his campaign promises

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BiffWellington

The wife and I were just talking about this last night. Look at Canada. How much tax money has Colorado made so far? BILLIONS.

Tax it, regulate it, and let the minions play.

2 years. It will be for sale everywhere you can buy tobacco products. The adult beverage industry is already ramping up their investments.

Fred..

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I do like Trump better than Sessions, I think.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
HA!!!! I live in Canada, and in 2 days (as of Oct. 17th) Cannabis will be legal for recreational use!!!! Not that it stopped anyone here before! lol But it will be a little easier to light up without at least a little bit of paranoia! I hope the States will follow Canada's example. It is now being said that America will NOT allow Canadians into their country iff they use Cannabis, even though its legal here! I think U.S.A. is going to lose a lot of business,tourism, and general cash exchange between borders if this comes to pass. ITS ONLY A PLANT!!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I like your reply. Growing cannabis is easy! It is a 'weed' after all! lol I think most folks are under the impression that you need some kind of clandestine 'drug lab' and a high tech 'hydroponic grow room' to grow cannabis! NOT TRUE!
Good seed stock and a basic knowledge of growing plants is all you need!

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Any movement on Federal Cannabis laws is a good sign. Hillary Clinton ( drunk) was against Cannabis legalization. Obama didn't lift a finger to help. We finally have a real President.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawncgraham
I like your reply. Growing cannabis is easy! It is a 'weed' after all! lol I think most folks are under the impression that you need some kind of clandestine 'drug lab' and a high tech 'hydroponic grow room' to grow cannabis! NOT TRUE!
Good seed stock and a basic knowledge of growing plants is all you need!

Theirs plenty of information on the WEB about how to grow Cannabis. No need to reinvent the wheel. I have so much that I dare not grow anymore. COBS or Quantum Boards for lighting.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The Prison Industrial Complex Lobby is going to be right on not letting this happen. If it does happen such as with legalizing medical and marijuana decriminalization, who will fill their quotas?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join