It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 159
<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

There's late and then there's fashionably late. Arriving too late means the shop is Closed. I hate being too late, I prefer just in the nick of time. Just. Justin Time.

In my local supermarket a women in uniform informed me that the supermarket was closing in 5 minutes.

"Madam, you don't close at that time, your doors are open until that time."

I don't think she liked it but had to concede that I was correct. The customer is always right! I only needed 2 beers and I know only too well what time they close and was out of the shop in less than 2 minutes. Ha!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
Hi Gordi, hi everyone!

I'm slowly catching up, reading through all the posts from early on 11/11 onwards, but just had to reply to this one!

Gordi, a rcipe for home-made Bailey's is a treasure, especially because no shop in my region has the real stuff! And I can imagine we have other Shed readers who have that problem as well!

I might try that recipe tomorrow. But meanwhile just a couple of notes/questions.

I think 35 ml of whiskey would be inadequate, so I'm glad you also said "1/2 std bottle", because that shows the 35 was just a typo. For those who don't know what "std" means, it's short for "standard", as in the regular, 0.7 litre bottle. So it's actually 350 ml for the recipe, not 35!

Gordi, what is "double cream"? We have several different types of cream for sale here. I live in the country, so we have plenty of dairy products available, but I have never heard of "double cream".

And thank you again for your recipe!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

I looked up double cream. Basically it's whipping cream, but a little thicker, around 48%mf. I think whipping cream would be an ok substitute.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

What is double cream?

It's all about the fat content.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Exactly right :-)

and you know what else? I wish we used madam more in this country. It can be very useful

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife
Thank you so much for sharing that. I posted there and also starred every post in the thread. (My "star" button automatically gives any member two stars.)

It was so good to see there were no nasty or negative comments. I'm very proud of our members for showing their kindness, compassion and respect to another in a time of grief and sorrow.

edit on 13/11/18 by JustMike because: I fixed a typo.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

You are quite welcomed Mike. Going through grief and sorrow can be one of the hardest things to encounter in this thing that we call "life". I still wish I had an user's guide to loss after losing my wife.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I still wish I had an user's guide to loss after losing my wife.

Some losses leave a gaping hole in the heart, the remainder of your years on earth.

I like to believe there is a blissful reunion between hearts that loved deeply ,in the afterlife.

edit on 13-11-2018 by Sheye because: Typo

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I searched for songs about perseverance and this following song is one that came up. I have seen it posted in the Shed before, but by whom, I can’t remember.

Hopefully the lyrics inspire to persevere.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

TL
R

Rambling.
edit on 13/11/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
You a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
I’m sorry you had to suffer the sudden death of your mother as well as the tragic loss of your gf. They say spirits on the other side communicate much through electricity. Phones ringing with no one on the other end... lights blinking on and off. If the net was down in large parts of Holland ,that was one whopper of a hello and an I love you.😊

edit on 13-11-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Sorry for the ramble. Sometimes I like to ramble but after rereading think "Urk!"

They have these things called "Night Shops" in Holland and it's a shop that is only open at night. Beer, cigarettes, snacks, food, the whole kaboodle. I was there 3 nights ago and bought 2 chilled, brand name beers. They were 2 months past best by date. I got home, opened one and almost choked on the contents. Tonight I took the other one back to complain politely. I even took one out of their fridge in the store to prove my point. Ice cold out of date beer...

Long story short, I got one beer recompensed.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Ugh.. I’d say .. well you got a free beer, but it tasted like crap.. so not much of a freebie there.

I bought 4 cheese scones a few days ago at my local grocery store. I tear one open later, anticipating that great scone texture and taste, and I am met with RAW DOUGH in the centre of the scone.🤨🤢

I have the receipt and I’m returning them. Not spending 4 dollars on garbage. It actually turned me off from ever buying scones there again. That’s a good thing because they are easy enough to make.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I didn't get a free beer. I got a replacement beer. It took a few minutes before they realised I wasn't messing around.

I'll keep my thoughts on cheese scones to myself. Except to say "It's wrong!"

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Oops.. pressed quote instead of edit.😆

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Woohoo .. Night .. are you out there ? 🤔

Getting concerned about you. Should have been back from the movies ages ago.

You ok ? 😕

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Oh sorry, had a long nap after watching a movie on t.v.

I was so tired and sore. The colder months make pain worse for me and there is a lot of walking to get from the parking lot to the theatre entrance and then our theatre room was the last one way down the hall. So...ow!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Goodmorning everybody...

I've put down the entire winnings of the lottery ticket as a down payment on the castle and I am currently waiting a reply. If, for any reason, this deal goes belly-up I've got 10 bucks to invest...I'll keep you guys updated.

Peace

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Hi OM! If we don't have anyone win the lottery, we will build it here in the shed.

How are you?

new topics

top topics

<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join