It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Justice Dept indicts 7 Russian intelligence officers involved in international hacking

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The US Justice Department has just held a press conference where they've said 7 Russian GRU officers have been indicted for hacking, wire fraud, identity theft and money laundering.

According to the indictment, all seven defendants are members of the GRU, a Russian Federation intelligence agency within the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Russian military. They are accused of sophisticated cyberintrusions and the victims were anti-doping agencies and officials, sporting federations, and nearly 250 athletes.
In addition to anti-doping agencies, the GRU targeted others, including the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, a nuclear energy company in Pennsylvania.
The indictment alleges the GRU officers used spearphishing emails, fictitious personas and researched their victims.
www.abcactionnews.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Their hacking failed, dems lost.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

But... But... I thought Trump was in Russians' pocket.

CNN told me Putin owned America now, so I'm confused.

It's almost like they were reporting fake news this whole time...

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

From your link:

Three of the defendants were also charged in the hacking of US persons involved in the 2016 election, Assistant Attorney General for the National Security Division John Demers said during a news conference, but the current indictment does not arise out of special counsel Robert Mueller's work.

Looks like independent confirmation.

In addition to anti-doping agencies, the GRU targeted others, including the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, a nuclear energy company in Pennsylvania.

Boy, that is scary.
edit on 4-10-2018 by JasonBillung because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Their hacking failed, dems lost.

Wasn't that part of the plan ? , seems with Americans at each others throats their plan worked.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

If people are against the dems that's only because they're corrupt, evil bastards that measures no efforts to undermine the opposition's credibility.

Including falsely accusing a supreme court nominee.

Nothing to do with Russians.

But I get it. Too much propaganda.

edit on 4/10/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

So this post, about Russian hackers/spys, has nothing to do with the Russians?

Wow. Just wow.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

If people are against the dems that's only because they're corrupt, evil bastards

That pretty much describes any politician including the Golden Child.

It is the Russians but I guess for some the desire for conspiracy is a blinker to the truth , the evidence is there.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Somebody said on here a few days ago that once all this Brett Kavanaugh business was over it would be Russia again.

I can't remember which poster it was but if you read this then please speak up.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

There’s no need for independent confirmation. Most Republicans will admit Russia tried to interfere in our election .

What the Democrats fail to admit is Russia has been interfering in every aspect of American life including the 2008 election cycle.

Russian hackers targeted the 2008 Barack Obama campaign and U.S. government officials as far back as 2007 and have continued to attack them since they left their government jobs, according to a new report scheduled for release Friday.

The targets included several of the 2008 Obama campaign field managers, as well as the president’s closest White House aides and senior officials in the Defense, State and Energy Departments, the report says.

www.newsweek.com...

Russia or China did it again in the same year .

Hackers broke into the computer systems of the Barack Obama and John McCain campaign teams during the US presidential race and stole a ''serious amount of files" in an operation that US government cyber experts believe originated from China.

www.theguardian.com...

Mitt Romney was hacked into 2012. ( they aren’t sure who ) Outside interference is not new like the Democrats pretend it is . It’s been going on for a while. The Liberals are only using this ancient history to their advantage because they lost this time .

The same was true across the aisle, where the Romney campaign was “under constant attack,” according to digital director Zac Moffatt, “four or five times a week.” Neither campaign official would confirm which nation states were responsible, but one Obama campaign staffer said she was warned about the threat from China in particular.

swampland.time.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

you guys are so ignorant stupid and blind, it's unbelievable. sorry for the harsh words but it's so strange to see what nationalism makes out of adults.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

So this post, about Russian hackers/spys, has nothing to do with the Russians?

I see you conveniently quoted a specific part of my reply to make it look that way. It's a typical move made by people who doesn't have a counter-argument.

What has NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIANS is the following statement and first line of my post.

If people are against the dems that's only because they're corrupt, evil bastards that measures no efforts to undermine the opposition's credibility.

Not that you care about what I actually meant, but there it is.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

same all over europe. putins plan is working perfectly well.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Who are "you guys" you're referring to?

I'm pretty sure I don't fit in any of these groups you want me to fit.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Yea, they need a different propaganda now that the whole embarrassing SCAM of Ms. Ford was exposed.

People often forget that it was the Democratic leader who were meddling with Russians' powers before the election, and then ordered a stand down when got caught.

But pshhh, don't tell anyone. It's a secret.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

same all over europe. putins plan is working perfectly well.

Bullsh!t!. People are waking up to the globalist agenda and they don't want it. Division? The division started when multi-nationalists started screwing average Joes for every penny they can scrape from them.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

ok, you know what putins plan is? weakens western societys. making russia big again. trump is like a present for putin. the same with orban, the right wings in austria, the afd in germany, the right wings in italy, they all playing putins game. divide the people, spread anger and lies. and its working all around the globe. america is such an important friend for europe, but as you see, trump isn't interested in old bonds, it's all about his ego and power.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Ikr. Honestly, someone here called it several days ago. Like clockwork they were spot on. I'm going to try and dig but there's been so many Kavanaugh threads, it's a needle in a haystack.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
So is Russia going to extradite them to face the charges?
Are we going to levee sanctions on Russia?

It just seems like a waste of time time holding a press conference to announce charging spies with spying.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

Including falsely accusing a supreme court nominee.

But I get it. Too much propaganda.

I'm not saying it's a Reptile, but it's a Reptile.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join