It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Justice Dept indicts 7 Russian intelligence officers involved in international hacking

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

But the Brett Kavanaugh business isn't over , my understanding is the FBI will report that they haven't come to a conclusion on the matter which will further muddy the waters as far as his confirmation is concerned.

Why are people so determined to defend Russia ?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
a reply to: vinifalou

ok, you know what putins plan is? weakens western societys. making russia big again. trump is like a present for putin. the same with orban, the right wings in austria, the afd in germany, the right wings in italy, they all playing putins game. divide the people, spread anger and lies. and its working all around the globe. america is such an important friend for europe, but as you see, trump isn't interested in old bonds, it's all about his ego and power.

You leftists are the ones spreading fear and lies.
All Trump is doing is not letting America be taken advantage of by Europe's greed anymore.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Why are people so determined to defend Russia ?

Perhaps because the other question asked is "Why are some people so eager to blame Russia?"
edit on 4/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo2

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Perhaps because the other question asked is "Why are some people so eager to attack Russian?"

Because of the actions of Russia , both cyber and real world.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Maybe because they continue to flagrantly violate international law and then provide the flimsiest of lies as denial despite the fact that innocents have lost their lives.

You know, pretty much the same reasons why people are so eager to attack the West.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The USA does not recognise the International Court in The Hague either.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

but i'm not a lefty. my last vote was more conservative (in germany). read some stuff about putin and his friends. they want you to hate your own folks. it works.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Perhaps because the other question asked is "Why are some people so eager to attack Russian?"

Because of the ALLEGED actions of Russia , both cyber and real world.

Proof seems to be lacking apart from the usual "experts state..." and "unnamed officials close to the case confirm..."

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

The US Justice Department has just held a press conference where they've said 7 Russian GRU officers have been indicted for hacking, wire fraud, identity theft and money laundering.

According to the indictment, all seven defendants are members of the GRU, a Russian Federation intelligence agency within the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Russian military. They are accused of sophisticated cyberintrusions and the victims were anti-doping agencies and officials, sporting federations, and nearly 250 athletes.
In addition to anti-doping agencies, the GRU targeted others, including the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, a nuclear energy company in Pennsylvania.
The indictment alleges the GRU officers used spearphishing emails, fictitious personas and researched their victims.
www.abcactionnews.com...

Great !!! Now maybe they can go after the Catfishing Nigerians that scam lonely men and women out of tons of money every year with romance scams that use fictitious personas and spearphishing emails.. But they don't have the name "Russian" attached to them, so I guess they will have to wait.
edit on 4-10-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

ok, you know what putins plan is? weakens western societys. making russia big again. trump is like a present for putin. the same with orban, the right wings in austria, the afd in germany, the right wings in italy, they all playing putins game. divide the people, spread anger and lies. and its working all around the globe. america is such an important friend for europe, but as you see, trump isn't interested in old bonds, it's all about his ego and power.

Yea...

Sounds like you drank a lot of that kool-aid the MSM was giving to their sheeple ever since Trump took office.

It's pointless to argue with you. Have a great life, tho.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

We have proof that Russia moved a BUK launcher into Ukraine the day MH-17 was shot down and then promptly moved it back after the tragedy.

We have radiological proof that Russian agents entered England, met with Litvinenko right before he came down with radiation poisoning, and then returned to Russia.

We have Putin's own words that prove Russia moved unmarked soldiers in to Crimea and illegally annexed the peninsula.

We have proof that not only did Russia send two undercover GRU agents to Salisbury at the same time the Skripal poisoning happened (using a nerve agent of Russian origin) but they also sent agents to the lab that was doing testing on that poison.

This all seems like pretty strong proof that Russia was behind all of these tragedies.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

We've been discussing Putin's use of extreme Right wing groups and cyberattacks to destabilize Western governments on this site since long before Trump was even rumored to be running for President.

Sounds like you drank a lot of that Koolaid the GOP was giving to their sheeple ever since Trump was elected.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

We have proof that Russia moved a BUK launcher into Ukraine the day MH-17 was shot down and then promptly moved it back after the tragedy.

We have radiological proof that Russian agents entered England, met with Litvinenko right before he came down with radiation poisoning, and then returned to Russia.

We have Putin's own words that prove Russia moved unmarked soldiers in to Crimea and illegally annexed the peninsula.

We have proof that not only did Russia send two undercover GRU agents to Salisbury at the same time the Skripal poisoning happened (using a nerve agent of Russian origin) but they also sent agents to the lab that was doing testing on that poison.

This all seems like pretty strong proof that Russia was behind all of these tragedies.

You possibly have proof that:

A "Someone" moved a Russian made weapon into Ukraine and fired it.
B Russian nuclear material was imported to the UK. A circumstantial meeting took place between 3 Russian "friends" but nobody knows what really happened. A cup of tea perhaps.
C I'll leave Crimea alone for now.
D A nerve agent many countries manufactured was used.
E Some news-casters telling you that it WAS the Russians.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

but i'm not a lefty. my last vote was more conservative (in germany). read some stuff about putin and his friends. they want you to hate your own folks. it works.

Our crazy political parties have no problem fomenting hate for each other. With or without Russian Twitter bots

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

you know what, i even didn't know what msm is. www.spiegel.online.de. arte. bbc. www.tagesschau.de. www.welt.de (slightly right), www.zeitonline.de, sometimes breitbart for fun and so on. i read everything. and i'm on twitter, i follow all sides (some far right wings too), so many bubbles, so many extremists, and so many lunatics! i know, i'm in my own bubble, but its a funny one.

have a great life too! peace from munich!
edit on 4-10-2018 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

double post
edit on 4-10-2018 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

politicians are driven by the public. the public is easily to manipulate nowadays. internet is a weapon. as you can see on ATS day after day.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

politicians are driven by the public. the public is easily to manipulate nowadays. internet is a weapon. as you can see on ATS day after day.

Wrong. The public is driven by propaganda delivered by politicians. Remember the Bush speech about babies being tossed out of their incubators? Didn't take long before everyone in the USA was ready for war after that. The killer was, that it was a lie. True story.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Is Austria trying to shadow the success of GRU in Syria against NATO-suppoted terrorists. That's what it looks like from the story about a "retired colonel" spying for GRU !

Here's the glorious GRU in action at its best : www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Ummm what? ...
wait.... what?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join