It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Jennings on the Daily Show tonight!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Just thought you'd like to know Peter Jennings is on the Daily Show as I type this. They're discussing his UFO special tomorrow night. In case you miss it, it re-airs later at 1:00 am EST.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'm trying to search out the post he just read about his special "from some conspiracy blog."

See if it's us.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
OMG, wouldnt you die if its us?

Thank goodness nobody in the world would know who Rant or DGTempe is, huh!

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Eh, from what he said it doesn't seem like this UFO program is going to be much. He said he started skeptical and came out skeptical. I think it's just going to be another "Maybe there are aliens visiting us, but who knows?" program. They'll show some interesting cases, the debunkers will cast doubt on all of them, then they'll end with some fluffy, nebulous ending. Probably talking about how SETI is our best hope.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I was afraid it would be some sort of debunking mission. Too bad...

I'm sure Peter wouldnt have an "opinion" of his own, anyway.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
OMG, wouldnt you die if its us?

Chances are...

It's hard to search without the whole quote. But "Peter Jennings Disclosure" returns ATS as #1 of 62,000.

It doesn't sound too bad though Flinx. A mainstream "news" personality associating with the topic is good. Who else have we had since Walter Cronkite? Bryant Gumball?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
See the other Peter Jennings thread. That quote WAS from ATS.

But, yeah you could be right RANT. I've just gotten really jaded about UFO coverage in the mainstream media. I can't imagine it actually being taken seriously.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Yeah it's going to be fluff, no doubt, but I think the fact that such popular talking heads are discussing it is enough at this juncture.

We have to take things like Bob; baby steps.

Anyway, when he read that letter, I seriously remembered reading it here from someone's post. But whoever that was may have just been copying and pasting, I can't remember.

Actually, just found it (sorry if someone got to it while I was typing/searching):

Let me throw this out to the rest of you, then you can all call me crazy. A while back Peter Jennings did a special on the JFK asassination. He tried to convince us that LHO acted alone in the face of an overwhelming number of skeptics I might add. What if a deal was cut with ABC and Peter Jennings that if he did this JFK documentary for 'the shadow government' that still denies there was more than one gunman, then 'they' would let him be the first anchorman of the big 3 to start the disclosure process. It would be very tempting for him to want to be the focal point of the greatest revelation in the history of mankind.

That was Dr. Love. So either he copied and pasted, or he e-mailed Jennings because the letter Jennings read was word for word.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm just glad I get to actually see it. It will air on a local channel and I get to watch (don't get ABC)
. Two hours of UFO interviews and images.
Heh, it will probably be the only 2 hours that people will be glued to the TV instead of the Ufo board on ATS
Hopefully some of you have a way to capture TV images and we can review on here.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I'm just glad I get to actually see it. It will air on a local channel and I get to watch (don't get ABC)
. Two hours of UFO interviews and images.
Heh, it will probably be the only 2 hours that people will be glued to the TV instead of the Ufo board on ATS
Hopefully some of you have a way to capture TV images and we can review on here.

i heard (from this thread) that they will be using re-enacments ONLY and will be talking to people too...

only computer cgi stuff...

i hope this isn't true...

EDIT: i heard it from the other thread about this guy...

[edit on 23-2-2005 by they see ALL]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lartsa Cleargleam
Yeah it's going to be fluff, no doubt, but I think the fact that such popular talking heads are discussing it is enough at this juncture.

The problem is they start talking about it and then forget about it as soon as something else catches their interest. All the progress made gets lost. It never goes beyond talking. A few years later they'll start talking about it and then forget just as quickly. I've watched this happen over and over. It's.....almost enough to make one give up on the whole thing.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
*laughs*

I've given up on it a few times. Then I always come back eventually. Then I give up again. I've had this happen over and over.

It's almost enough to make one...give up on it for a little bit longer than last time.

Hehe.

Cheer up, boss. Something's definitely cooking up, even if Jennings' special plays no part in it.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

That was Dr. Love. So either he copied and pasted, or he e-mailed Jennings because the letter Jennings read was word for word.

Jennings said his son found it on the Internet and e-mailed Peter the text.

So that's all Dr. Love baby!

(round of appluase)

And please stop lurking, join and say hello Peter Jenning's son.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Cheer up, boss. Something's definitely cooking up, even if Jennings' special plays no part in it.

Heh....I'll try. I sure hope something will break soon. Even if it doesn't I doubt I'll give up. I've been facsinated by this subject for most of my life, might as well see it through to the "end".

And yeah, that reading on the Daily Show means Peter Jennings' son read this website. Maybe he's one of the regular posters.... Makes you wonder who else is reading our stuff.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Jennings said his son found it on the Internet and e-mailed Peter the text.

So that's all Dr. Love baby!

(round of appluase)

And please stop lurking, join and say hello Peter Jenning's son.

Seconds RANT, and awaits patiently

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Just to let you know, the replay of the Daily Show with Peter Jennings is just starting on the East Coast.

That's Comedy Central if you live under a rock.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Let's hear it from Dr Love; what do you have to say for your achievement in notoriety here on ATS?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
is it at the beginning or end or in the middle. i missed the first 5 mins of the show i turned it on at 105 est

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaso109
is it at the beginning or end or in the middle. i missed the first 5 mins of the show i turned it on at 105 est

Jennings hasn't been on yet.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Saw it. IT was pretty pathetic how jon stewart made a joke of the whole thing and the audience laughed along with him.

Peter jennings read off some letter someone sent him and it mentioned the shadow government and everyone laughed.

[edit on 24-2-2005 by joepits]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join