It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Jennings on the Daily Show tonight!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kinja
Trekkies need to stop pushing UFO's and ET onto the public. The more you push ATS with UFO issues the synonymous ATS will be with "crackpot". The laughs will only get louder.

UFOs have been reported way before StarTrek was on the air. If what I heard is right ATS started out about Area 51 (UFO related). If people want to laugh thats fine, but 50% of Americans believe in 'UFOs' and millions of Americans have reported seeing them. I don't think discussing UFOs discredit ATS.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
haha interesting...very, very cool that Dr. Love got his words on TV..very nice.

Although, shouldn't Dr. Love get some sort of compensation? They used his words without giving him any recognition? lol..

-wD

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lartsa Cleargleam

'Why?' I tend to ask that question a lot anyway, though.

In any case, if you want to mope around all day because the world sucks, go right on ahead with your bad self. I get tired of moping, myself.

Children are dying in Iraq = tears and heartache.
Bush's policies, grammar, and facial expressions = tears and heartache.
Government cover-up of extra-terrestrial life and technology = you guessed it.

How are you making a difference? Sure as hell not by posting on this message board swaying a few minds here and there. How am I making a difference? Sure as hell not the same.

How can we make a difference? Sadly, most of us can't. Most of us are powerless and would/will die trying. So, that leaves us with this:

Either get off of your ass and try your best to be one of those few that can make a difference for the better or, if you so choose, sit around and cry all day about what you're powerless to change.

Satire (a la The Daily Show) is a beautiful thing, my man. Try to lighten up. Save your tears for those that are close to you. I don't have time or energy to cry for the millions that die of AIDS every few seconds (blatant exaggeration, but it's all relative after a while).

Pain is in human nature. As is suffering.

Maybe after World War 5 one set of our EBE buddies will show us how to love. And perhaps how to groove, also. Some of us need the latter a little more, I've noticed.

Pain might be in YOUR nature, just dont try to sell that BS to me, if the rest of the world is masochist, that doesnt mean i want to be one as well.

If you think you cant make a difference, why do you bother posting or reading this "nonsense"? Sure doesnt look to me like you've given up on things.
And dude, i need to get pissed once in a while as well, works for me. I was trying to say these people that go there go there for a laugh and laugh only, so UFOs on a daily show means only one thing: ridiculing....earth is round, HA HA, what nonsense.

And Daily Show is cool most of the time actually, in a perverted american kind of way.
I appreciate a good laugh always

And im not crying, i stand tall and proud

GROOVE ON

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I've uploaded a 5MB copy of the Peter Jennings, Daily Show interview at yousendit.

The link is only temporary and will go dead after a few downloads so get it while you can:

s29.yousendit.com...

Here's the streaming version from Comedy Central if you don't need an offline copy:
2005-02-23 Peter Jennings on UFO's (Daily Show).wmv

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Thanks AceOfBase
. I have not seen it yet.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Show is total garbage so far (first 25% has aired). Man they need to pick this thing up really fast. Nothing new or exciting really. Kind of disappointed so far...
We will see how it goes.

Thedreamur

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
The show was very bland and covered all the same old stories. You have your story tellings on one side and skeptics on the other. Many see UFO's day in and day out that can't be explained. Many on radar. Like the one with a crest moon shape on one end even the radar showed the same shape, but many still want to spend their money and time into listening for radio signals from space. Why not as soon as a sighting is reported scramble the jets to intercept it and find out what the heck it is and be open about it?? I think that would answer the questions faster for what exactly is flying around out there.

At the end of the show the skeptics dicuss the possibility of traveling point A to B across vast space is highly unlikely, but know it isn't entirely impossible. If these people are involved in radio signals i'm sure they are quite aware of wormholes, space/time travel and even dimensional travel. How can they dismiss all this? The day before this Peter Jennings report I watched a show on Court T.V. Of investigators seeking information from a psychic. Well to keep the story short the psychic was dead on. Visions of locations, colors, numbers etc. In the end solved the case. Now how is it that something like this can be, but space time travel, possibly dimensional travel not possible? Obviously the psychic was tapping the unknown. When the subject of wormholes came up maybe the Aliens do use wormholes. Maybe they jump to a different dimension and travel great distances in a short time then reapear into our dimension; in a sense that is a wormhole!

In the 80's my sister saw the same black triangle here in Oregon with many others. It Hovering over the main highway to and from the coast near Fern Ridge on a sunday weekend night when many was returning from a weekend at the coast. My sister and her boyfriend was returning home. So lots and lots of people saw the same thing with many pulling off the side of the road and viewing it. She had no more film left in the 110 camera, but i'm sure someone got a picture of it.

She estimated atleast 50 people saw the same thing during the time she was there off the side of the road. It was the size of a football field, black triangle with portholes, white lights spiraling on the bottom corners, red light in center belly of it along with other strange gizmos on the under belly. She also remembers seeing very large metal rivets along the seems. The metal she said looked quite sturdy old or aged look to it. The tip of the triangle was over the road the rest of the body was off the side of the road in a marsh wetland area. She remembers hearing no noise and the tall grass was waving in the wind pulsating with the lights. Up inside the lights was a spiraling louvars like motor of some sort with the light coming through the louvars.

The authorites in Eugene was called along with the local news. By the time they got there the craft already has floated off slowly and became a point of light in the sky and disapeared. It was on the 11pm news that night and in the paper and radios the next day. I could probably get the news paper clip from microfilm archives. Now I understand that some things aren't what they seem, such as the woman in the show who thought she saw a UFO and turned out to be the moon. I agree with that, but when you have something in your face and literally within distance of throwing a rock at it and it going TING that changes things dramatically.

So there you have it and still many continue to believe there is no life elsewhere, no possibilites that we are tied into some other higher exsistance. However, on the otherhand people tend to forget that we are intelligent being on a beauitful perfect planet whirling around in a vast universe (which I find quite odd in itself). So you tell me what isn't possible??

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join