It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford - Kavanaugh Hearings 9-27-18

page: 179
<< 176  177  178   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

That's why jury trials are all the rage.

12 people must be smarter than one.

Surely.
edit on 10/1/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox

I dont think that is her looks different. I do love the atomic last haircut though reminds me of a mushroom cloud.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

That's why jury trials are all the rage.

12 people must be smarter than one.
Surely.

Many trials are, in fact, bench trials.

Also the presiding judge makes many decisions which affect the outcome of any trial.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Conclusions so far.

BREA KING: Sex Crimes Prosecutor Rachel Mitchell COMPLETELY EXONERATES Judge Kavanaugh in NEW REPORT!

“Dr. Ford has not offered a consistent account of when the alleged assault happened.”
“Dr. Ford struggled to identify Judge Kavanaugh as the assailant by name.”
“When speaking with her husband, Dr. Ford changed her description of the incident to become less specific.”
“Dr. Ford has no memory of key details of the night in question—details that could help corroborate her account.”
“She does not remember in what house the alleged assault took place or where that house was located with any specificity.”
“Perhaps most importantly, she does not remember how she got from the party back to her house.”
Rachel Mitchell reaches the conclusion that ““A ‘he said, she said’ case is incredibly difficult to prove. But this case is even weaker than that.”

In perhaps her most damning finding, Rachel Mitchell writes that “The activities of congressional Democrats and Dr. Ford’s attorney’s likely affected her account”. Mitchell ostensibly alleges that the maneuvering of congressional Democrats, and the actions of her attorneys, who acted more like handlers, influenced her account of events, and perhaps even her truthfulness. This may have come out as Mitchell’s lines of questioning were repeatedly interrupted by her attorneys, namely Michael Bromwich, who also represents Andrew McCabe.

edit on 1-10-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Also the presiding judge makes many decisions which affect the outcome of any trial.
Nah. A jury can't pass off it's nonsensical decisions to the judge.

But that's sort of the point. The SCOTUS can hardly be considered "peers", any more than the Senate can be.

Them fellers ain't me. Sure don't think like me.

edit on 10/1/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: seagull

The one commonality between "fart" and "breast" is that the number of ways to refer to either is seemingly endless.

TheRedneck

And never the twain shall meet.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Judges come in all sorts of varieties. They are people, and they all bring their personal emotions, opinions, and biases to the bench. For all that, there are plenty of circumstances in which I'd prefer a bench trial over a jury of my peers.

It's always interesting when the public is asked to rate their most respected professions, the public hates lawyers and politicians. Meanwhile, judges -- who are both lawyers and politicians (having attained tbeir position through election or political appointment)-- always end up near the top of the rankings.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

A Supreme Court Justice does not handle criminal or civil trials. They make decisions on Constitutionality issues. There is really no comparison between them and the judge in a trial.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Checkmate.

In a memo to Senate Republicans, Mitchell details nine main points she says raise questions about the credibility of Ford's account. She concludes no prosecutor would bring the case, nor is the evidence sufficient to prevail even in a civil trial.

"In the legal context, here is my bottom line: A "he said, she said" case is incredibly difficult to prove. But this case is even weaker than that," wrote Mitchell.

Mitchell cited Ford's inability to pinpoint when the alleged assault took place, her struggle to clearly identify Kavanaugh as her assailant by name, lack of key details like how she got to the party or where the party took place and inconsistencies in her account of the encounter as areas of concern in her allegations.

Mitchell's report says that Democrats and Ford's own attorneys were "likely affected Dr. Ford's account."

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Some insight into Jeff flake's troubled life.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

mobile.twitter.com...

The perfect MK-Ultra specimen.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: carewemust

mobile.twitter.com...

The perfect MK-Ultra specimen.

Maybe the poor guy really IS constipated and angry.

I just noticed that Twitter removed the post. There's a lot of that recently, if the post refutes what Democrats are attempting to push on the public.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

There's always the possibility that the Dems have something really good on him, and it's the reason he isn't running for re-election. I know if I was a Dem who had something like that, I'd prefer to keep him in pocket until the midterms, to use to upset the apple cart as needed. Just sayin' it's a possibility is all.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

There's always the possibility that the Dems have something really good on him, and it's the reason he isn't running for re-election. I know if I was a Dem who had something like that, I'd prefer to keep him in pocket until the midterms, to use to upset the apple cart as needed. Just sayin' it's a possibility is all.

If Dems really had dirt on Flake...WHY would they allow him to cast the deciding vote to take the Kav nomination out of the judiciary hearings?

With major dirt, they could've forced him to keep it bottled up in committee.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Is it true Ford's father is/was CIAgent and she herself interned there but is now a doctor? Newbie here wants ta know..kthxbai!

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
No, that's not true. Though her father did run some CIA front companies, there's no evidence he was actively with the agency. While she is at a college with a CIA program, she does not have any apparent connection to it.

Some memes portray her grandfather as a famous agent, but that connection is completely false.

So, the CIA connection is there, somewhat, and fishy, but it's not very tight.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If you missed it, Susan Collins just gave a FANTASTIC speech (if not a historical one). One I'm sure (or at least hoping) will get major play over the coming days.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: watersabove

Fords Family was involved in CIA. She herself runs recruiting at the colleges she works at. Watch this important video. Clown family!

edit on 6-10-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 176  177  178   >>

join