It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford - Kavanaugh Hearings 9-27-18

page: 177
<< 174  175  176    178  179 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
One of the things I find suspicious is she knows she only had one beer

So she doesn’t know who drove her there, who drive her home, she has changed her story about how many people are there, about hearing the people talk downstairs, and about when this happened (mid 80s vs 82)

Despite all of that, she is absolutely certain she only had one beer

That seems sketchy to me

She is also 100% certain she was assaulted by Brett Kavanaugh. Those two things are the only things she seems sure of...Of course, because of the hippocampus and all that scientific stuff.

I felt for her while watching, but I am a complete sucker. After I looked objectively at what she actually said, I think she's either a total fraud or a mental case. Because her story is garbage.
edit on 30-9-2018 by toolgal462 because: grammar

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

not only that, knowing all the details about the assault but cant remember the exact location? that tells a lot

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
a reply to: toolgal462

I dont know about boofing as I'm a kayaker and that term is used to denote the action of keeping the head of your kayake above water when going over a small fall...

A2D

And that supposedly comes from the sound the kayak makes when it comes back down. BOOF!

I've never used BOOF but apparently buffa means fart in Italian American families???

BOFF, however, means sex to me.
edit on 30-9-2018 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

a reply to: toolgal462

I dont know about boofing as I'm a kayaker and that term is used to denote the action of keeping the head of your kayake above water when going over a small fall...

A2D

And that supposedly comes from the sound the kayak makes when it comes back down. BOOF!

I've never used BOOF but apparently buffa means fart in Italian American families???

BOFF, however, means sex to me.

Yes, "boff" or "boffing" meant having sex. That I remember but I don't think that mistake would have been made in his yearbook posting and if it was we could never know.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Blaine91555

I think you're mixing up "believing kavanaugh" with presuming innocence.

Actually no. I'm admitting I don't know and saying that people who claim to know do not. I'm also clearly saying that most will make up their mind based on their own partisan biases and that politicians can rely on that, which makes us easy to manipulate.

The reality is I'm presuming innocence for both involved. I can't call Ford a liar because I do not know. I can't call Kavanaugh a liar because I do not know.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Ford's testimony is constantly changing, politically convenient, and full of holes.

I have no time machine, only the preponderance of the evidence.

It's entirely possible that none of us will ever know one way or the other. Where the intellectual lie comes in is people claiming they do know and their knowing just happens to agree with the party line of their chosen party. They don't know. They just want their team to win and are willing to lie to even themselves to make it happen.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

I'm obviously not taking sides in this debate. I admit to not knowing who is telling the truth.

I'm not sure about the psychologists bit since I doubt an honest one would judge anything based on that hearing.

I can't judge by what those she named now say since the wisest thing they could do is say they don't recall. They would be dumb to let themselves be sucked into this.

The door story is suspicious and dodgy, but still I don't know for a fact what the deal with the door is. Sources all seem to be biased.

Soros or who his lawyers are has little to do with what took place at the hearing. I'm only commenting on what I do and do not know and intellectual honesty vs. partisan inspired bias.

I do give weight to all those women who signed that letter. I'll give you that and yet I still do not know.

edit on 9/30/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Yeah, sure. Likely story.

You KNOW he's guilty.

Deny it, and we'll know you're guilty too.

#KafkaWasAProphet

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

I don't think I've used the word "know" that many times in such a short time ever.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Soros or who his lawyers are has little to do with what took place at the hearing.

Really? Soros is an avowed enemy of Trump and is well set up to sew seeds of dissension in our country through his destabilizing groups. Soros lawyers doing this pro bono (free) for Cgristine Ford is evidence of collusion against Trump. How is that not painfully apparent to you?

edit on 30-9-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
I don't think I've used the word "know" that many times in such a short time ever.

I know what you mean, you know?

Meanwhile, in the game of logical fallacy bingo, I believe this controversy is on the verge of a blackout.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

It's entirely possible that none of us will ever know one way or the other.

the only possibility is none of us will ever know for sure
its not possible

well i suppose he could admit he did it or she could admit she is lying
shy of that i dont see how we can ever know for sure

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Soros is not my cup of tea either, but he was not the one talking at the hearing. I have no doubt there is collusion going on since it's political. None of which changes the fact neither you or I know for sure if she's telling the truth or if Kavanaugh is telling the truth.

For the sake of the country I wish one of them would step forward and say they lied, but that ever happening is doubtful. We may never know for sure.

One thing I know for sure is the Right will back Kavanaugh and the Left will back Ford and both will do it without knowing for sure. Both sides will throw innocent until proven guilty under the bus for partisan reasons.

Now if you want to argue none of this should have ever come into the equation unless it was already proven to be true, I can go along with that. Ford should file a police report in her home state and let the chips fall where they may. The rest is just kabuki theater and a partisan charade.

Tell me a persons political ideology and I can tell you with near certainty who they believe. Facts have little to do with it at this point. Both peoples lives are ruined no matter who is telling the truth, because even if it is proven, people will reject it if it does not further their partisan agenda's.
edit on 9/30/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Waterboarding is the only answer

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

One thing absent from this is, should anything that may or may not have happened while a teenager in high school and supposedly in a drunken stupor, be even considered in the nomination process?

How many of us would cringe at the thought of things we did while drunk at a party, before we had fully developed brains and critical thinking skills, being used against us? Being a product of the youth culture of the 60's and early 70's I of course was an angel who never, ever woke up not knowing where I was, what I had done the night before or whose house I was in. I categorically deny it.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

One thing absent from this is, should anything that may or may not have happened while a teenager in high school and supposedly in a drunken stupor, be even considered in the nomination process?

I feel, short of murder, rape or major crime, it just typical teenage stuff. Not a deal breaker years later. But don't try to hide it.

I suppose thee are many who can't overlook it for whatever reason.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The evidence is heavily weighted against her.

• Not really a psychologist, at least not one registered in CA!
• No corroboration about incident from lifelong close friends or those named by her.
• Door story doesn't check out since the door construction was done far earlier than her therapy session.
• Using Soros lawyers.
• Records wiped from the internet including social media to hide things.
• 100% sure it's Brett despite she can't even remember who drove her to and from this supposed party.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I know what it is, I've never before heard it called that. Totally a new one on me. Prior to this, I was pretty sure I'd heard the vast majority of ways to say "fart".

Apparently not...

I've been deprived. I should make a sign.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You're right, of course.

Barring some future admission of guilt on the part of either Ford, or Kavanaugh, it's an impossibility.

All we can do, is use our best judgement.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

#KafkaWasAProphet

Let's make some signs!!

top topics

<< 174  175  176    178  179 >>

join