It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tabasco Sauce!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I just remembered, at work on Friday we began discussing hot sauce (it was Taco bar night), and one of the guys mentioned Fuego Box, a subscription-based hot sauce club that sends you various hot sauces every month or two, if anyone is interested.

I'm not sure what kinda of sauce, but when we have Mediterranean Halal food there's this hot sauce that is so hot that even a little dab will light you up. I'll have to find out what it is and what pepper it's made from.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Nothing says "This is HOT" like a red triangle on the bottle, and a warning saying "Do not give to the elderly, or people with asthma."

where one single drop is enough to make melted cheese on toast.

The guy in the US who sent me this, knew I could handle it. Or, he was trying to kill me. Who knows. Who cares, I devoured that stuff like it was pure gold in everything.

Best I can do now, is buy the hottest chillies I can find, and make my own. Sweet, sweet red death. A little dab'll do ya.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Reviving the thread to drop this in.

I don't know what these peppers a neighbor gave my kids to bring home to me were, but I'm drying them for future use. That's not entirely true, I do know there's a Thai chili, and a Hungarian pepper. There's 2 tiny brown ones that shriveled overnight before I had a chance to really get a good look at them, and half a dozen habaneros. Or what I think are habs. Not so sure of that anymore.

I'll have to corner that neighbor one of these days and ask, catching her is hit & miss as it is with her work schedule. They look like habaneros, but the one I diced up to put in my bowl of soup a while ago was a hell of a lot hotter than any habanero I've ever had before. I made it through the bowl, but I was eating through a stream of involuntary tears, a nose faucet, a tingling, numb mouth and the threat of hiccups (never developed them, but came close) I've never had that kind of heat reaction from a habanero, I eat them whole and raw for a snack.

I'm wondering if these are one of the super hot hab varieties, or a ghost pepper. The two are hard to tell apart if you're not completely familiar with the visual differences between them. Whatever it was, it was good despite the heat. Almost a fruit-floral background.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The pequin chiles are ripe for the picking.
I stuffed a tequila bottle with about a shot left in it with the peppers..
Added about a teaspoon of sea salt.
Heated rice wine vinegar and filled the bottle.
I'll let it sit for a couple weeks.
Makes an excellent hot sauce.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Technomancer01
The older Meals Ready to Eat came with a small bottle of real Tabasco and as most GI's will tell you it was a life saver only way to get through some of the meals like the Chicken-a-la-king and any of the egg product breakfast selections.

Just my .02

I remember them well. I think there were only ever 2 enjoyable MREs out of all of them. I still have a little box of those bottles from my stint in the Army. I kept them because they reminded me of home when I was away from everyone I loved.

(post by SauseCool removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join