It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tabasco Sauce!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
That's what ruined it all:

Cortez comes to the court of Montezuma.

Ooh, look, they got longish strawberries!

My mouth is burning like fire
This is definitely the end of your empire.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

No what really got him is Montezuma's revenge. Get past the burning mouth and you have it all to do again half a day to a day later at the other end.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Tobasco tastes like garbage water and isn't even hot. =(

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
dude tobasco is the crappiest hot sauce ever

whats the point of even using it?

its like spicy vinegar

It has it's place.

Last place I worked my coworker and I kept a small hot sauce library. We had about 25 different kinds at one point. Each hot sauce has it's own merit...and some that work well with pork don't work well with beef, some that work well with eggs don't work well with other foods.

Tabasco has a nice flavor which has remained fairly consistent over the years. It's very good on breakfast foods, not so much on dinner foods IMO. The chipotle flavored and green tabasco sauces are very pleasant and work well with sandwiches.

As for my preferred hot sauce these days: homemade Peruvian style green sauce made with habaneros, olive oil, salt and a bit of cilantro. It goes well with just about anything.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

I collect hot sauces as well.. Taste is subjective, so some people might like the pure-vinigar taste of Tobasco. I think it's terrible. If you want a good hot sauce that's not hot, has good flavor, and is readily available, try Valentina or Tapatio.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Strangely, vinegar I don't taste.

But yeah, it's like poppers for your tongue.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It's OK. I think I was more enamored with it when I was younger and couldn't gain weight if I tried. Last few years I've been fighting to keep the fat off my backside and have adopted a "food as fuel" type approach to eating. Boring, I know. I still love a good slice of pizza from time to time but I have seen what bad food does to people and it scares me.

Hot sauce isn't necessarily bad food, of course (Although it might have too much sodium, I don't know). Unfortunately, hot sauce is amazing on stuff that tends to be real bad for you in the long term. Care about it now or regret it later. Hate to preach (I hate that too) but there it is.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Part of my love for hot sauce stems from the fact that I'm on a ketogenic diet and it brings variety, without bringing carbs or calories, to an otherwise regular meal.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Can it make you high and can it make you lose weight?

Potentially, yes

It... wha? Never heard of it doing that.

Me- I cannot eat certain hot sauces. It's not the hot, it's the peppers that cause me awful heartburn. Sit me down in front of Indian or Asian food (or, good lord, Thai), and I'll happily have smoke pour out of my ears.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
If you want to spice up your game..

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

Pfft. My favorite spice.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
a reply to: TinySickTears

Thanks, so you would advise instead?

Go to a Cuban / Mexican grocery (bodega). Or better yet a Jamaican (West Indies) grocery.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: TinkerHaus

Pfft. My favorite spice.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinkerHaus
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Part of my love for hot sauce stems from the fact that I'm on a ketogenic diet and it brings variety, without bringing carbs or calories, to an otherwise regular meal.

However, that is atypical for the hot sauce types of people. For instance,when I think of hot sauce, I think fried food and Taco Bell. That is more typical. Hence my post.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I thought it said tabacco sauce

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pinocchio

Someone could prolly dump a spittoon into a bottle and sell it with a catchy hipster name and no one would know. Maybe festoon the bottle with snake oil advertising that implies that it "promotes stomach health" or something.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

A testimony to Tabasco sauce...

Tabasco sauce has helped me with my asthma,sore throats and any
coughs I should get.
I pour about 1 tablespoon of organic honey onto a spoon and add
several dashes of Tabasco sauce with it and down the hatch.Trust
me,it really works and I haven't used my inhaler for a long time now.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
If you've found one that you really like you squeeze every drop out don't you?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: Pinocchio

Someone could prolly dump a spittoon into a bottle and sell it with a catchy hipster name and no one would know. Maybe festoon the bottle with snake oil advertising that implies that it "promotes stomach health" or something.

Sure, why not!?!

People in this city pay $13 a day on a pack of death sticks. Selling death is about as great as the devil selling dreams.

The cool thing is we all want to quit...
Shows we all got some sense

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I used Tabasco on my dog. Ten years ago.
Til this day he frets when I enter the kitchen and come out with a bowl of grub for him.
The kitchen use to be his most favorite place.

ETA: hah... Yus keedin
edit on 23-9-2018 by Pinocchio because: S&F

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join