It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tabasco Sauce!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

I once made baked potatoes with wayyy too much fresh and dried habanero chilis, and i was tripping balls for at least 12 hours, the body just could not handle the heat.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

I once made baked potatoes with wayyy too much fresh and dried habanero chilis, and i was tripping balls for at least 12 hours, the body just could not handle the heat.

i need to get some fresh dried habanero chillis like right now

how come nobody told me before???

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
maybe we were not sure about you tripping all the time.

I heard if you snort cinnamon, it blasts pretty good, too...

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I can tell you from experience and brain-dead stupidity that if you dry them yourself in the oven without proper ventilation, good luck breathing for several hours. That's fumigation level asphyxiation right there

Also, if you plan to make habanero powder out of the dried ones, plan on buying a new coffee grinder. That heat's never going to wash out.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I can tell you from experience and brain-dead stupidity that if you dry them yourself in the oven without proper ventilation, good luck breathing for several hours. That's fumigation level asphyxiation right there

Also, if you plan to make habanero powder out of the dried ones, plan on buying a new coffee grinder. That heat's never going to wash out.

thanks for the tip
i just want to trip for 12 hours

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Tabasco and most similar sauces are terrible, overly vinegary or salty, brand depending, and never hot enough. I've never found an adequate one, so I just make my own instead. With habaneros.

Better yet if I can grow my own habanero plants, they're much more potent when homegrown. A few years back, I did successfully grow 6 of them, and ended up with over 500 habaneros off them total. Not bad for a container plant by any means. I had enough to make two 750 ml bottles of habanero sauce, they lasted me about 6 months.

My grandfather used to plant various hot peppers near his tomato plants so the tomatoes would come out rather spicey.

Mmmmm Tomato slices... Just add black pepper (and a lil salt)

if plants worked that way no one would ever pass a drug test

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SwissMarked
Texas Pete is far better than Tabasco and Frank’s Red Hot...

I don't see how you can compare Tabasco to Texas Pete and Frank's. Tabasco has a completely different and unique flavor than the majority of other hot sauces as a whole.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
a reply to: TinySickTears

Thanks, so you would advise instead?

I'm a fan of Cholula on fish, Mexican, and inside breakfast burritos.

Frank's has a pretty good flavor, and makes a good buffalo chicken dip.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Tabasco and most similar sauces are terrible, overly vinegary or salty, brand depending, and never hot enough. I've never found an adequate one, so I just make my own instead. With habaneros.

Better yet if I can grow my own habanero plants, they're much more potent when homegrown. A few years back, I did successfully grow 6 of them, and ended up with over 500 habaneros off them total. Not bad for a container plant by any means. I had enough to make two 750 ml bottles of habanero sauce, they lasted me about 6 months.

My grandfather used to plant various hot peppers near his tomato plants so the tomatoes would come out rather spicey.

Mmmmm Tomato slices... Just add black pepper (and a lil salt)

if plants worked that way no one would ever pass a drug test

Doubt it.

Trust me... It works between peppers and tomato plants. They are in the same family but I don't think it has anything to do with pollination. It may be some type of symbiote connection.

Try it... Hot peppers and Tomato plants next to each other. Anyone who has done this can attest to it. Ask the older folk who have had some real gardening experience.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

That's because its made with Tabasco Peppers.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I was invited to a party by people I don't particularly like. They use to hit on my girl friend when I wasn't looking. She use to flirt back, but then rat them out.
So I baked a whole two dozen oatmeal cookies with some laxative sauce. They started to eat them. So I grabbed my girl and left. Plus it was a crowded party. And only one bathroom.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This seems to be the perfect thread discussion for figuring the philosophy of as above, so Below.
Does it burn above and below.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Insecure and shallow all at the same time. Atta boy.

a reply to: Pinocchio

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

It usually only burns below if booze is involved. Or super hot peppers (way, way above Tabasco Peppers heat).

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The older Meals Ready to Eat came with a small bottle of real Tabasco and as most GI's will tell you it was a life saver only way to get through some of the meals like the Chicken-a-la-king and any of the egg product breakfast selections.

Just my .02

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pinocchio
This seems to be the perfect thread discussion for figuring the philosophy of as above, so Below.
Does it burn above and below.

Sometimes when I overdo both the habanero content in the recipe, and the amount of it I eat, Montezuma AND Pele get together for their revenge.

I imagine even the manliest man out there is brought to tears by a good hot sauce at some point or another, too.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
We just bought a couple more two ounce bottles of tabasco sauce from the store. It was a buck twenty nine and there were coupons for fifty cents off in a bin at the front of the store. Seventy nine cents is pretty decent of a price. I go through a 2 ounce bottle for cooking soups and stews about every three months. It is also a powerful emergency medicine but you got to know when to use it, or it might cause unwanted side effects. Half a dozen drops in a pot of homemade soup does wonders for the flavor. I also use some when parboiling spare ribs and chicken for the grill.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Definitely. I once got a white habanero(?) handed. I love hot/spicey food and always wonder if people complain, let´s say in an restaurant or bistro, the currywurst is too hot or the curry rice or similar. And so I thought I´m like a 7/10 when it comes to hot/spicey food. Having grown and harvested chilli before (Tepin, Anaheim, Tabasco(but it did not germinate), Piri) I knew what to expect... but I was aware this was going to be a challenge.

I just cut off a small piece like (10x10mm?) and used the knife to put it into my mouth. I instantly thought I had cut myself up everywhere. It was so freaking hot I got the hickup instantly and that made it all even worse. I was told it´s going to be very hot but he thought I could take the heat. Normally when I eat really hot, there´s a overturning point where the heat and pain nearly cut´s off and it´s okay. Not that time...
I was really crying but more because my breath seemed to iritate my eyes and they began to tear just like when you cut an onion* but with pain. And even if you wash away that tears it just burns everywhere on the skin.

I had a bunch of them around for cooking hungarian gulasch. Just dipped one of them into the pot for 10-15 seconds and it was so hot nobody would touch it. Even after I made a new batch (after the first hot one went into a storage bucket) there was no need for any chilli or peppers to be added.

Edit: I forgot: I think the 2nd batch was still hot because it´s a cast iron bowl and it has pores. You just wipe cast iron with water, no soap.. and I think there was enough residue left to get back into the 2nd batch.

*take a sip of water into your mouth and keep it there, then go cut your onions and keep it there until you are finished. Then spit out. No tears. I´m not kidding you, try it!

edit on 24-9-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Satan's Blood.
This stuff is brutal.
Leave you crying, snotty, and drooling.
www.amazon.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

So does a good punch to the nose.

I've got about 40 hot sauces and steer clear of those gazillion scoville ones. They kill the food and only taste of burn. Good naga sauces pack a lot of taste as well as heat. Ghost peppers and nagas have the right combo for me and I guess everyone finds their own favourites.

Carolina reapers and Scotch bonnets down the front and a few favourites from last month.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join