It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What worries you most these days?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I have a couple of things that worry me a lot lately.

Personally:
The reality or unreality of retirement
How to stay as healthy as possible - the unbelievable cost of healthcare (I have full healthcare yet the monthly costs, and out of pocket costs are growing each year and becoming more and more unaffordable)

Globally
I worry about civil unrest in the United States
another recession that is worse than 2007
I fear another 9/11 type of attack
I worry about all the pollution in our water

Although I am worried about the things above, I'd say for most of them I am actively trying to do my best to help, or lessen the blow should those worries come to fruition.

I'm curious what others worry/think about a lot these days.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It all boils down to other people, the source of 100% of life's concerns.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I worry most that I won’t figure out what my focus for this lifetime should be and consequently that I won’t make the progress I need to make. I don’t want to evaluate myself after death and be disappointed with what I did and especially what I didn’t do.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

1) The propped-up global financial system
2) the interconnectivity and automation of systems (electricity, water, gas, etc.) that can be damaged severely from solar flare, hackers, EMP or other events that take down "the grid"
and 3) the stupidity of people, and trigger-happy egotistical "leaders" who are happy to "push the red button"

my top 3

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

In no particular order

UFOs
Brexit and its effect on exchange rates
The misses
a wart on me foot
coke heads in city centres and the effect on society
rust on the van plus a tyre nearing illegality (roundabouts breeding everywhere - a real conspiracy)
the hours working to make a living
the mother in law
red heads
Worldwide reinvented ethno religious nationalism
baldness and greying chin hair
Sharks
Big spiders crawling allover me (in dreams)
My parents getting old
Leaks in the roof causing damp on the ceiling
Not seeing an ex again before I die
Chinese global expansion
Soles of trainers / shoes wearing out at a phenomenal rate
Music scene crap compared to the 90's but it might be just getting old for the current scene
Lack of space development in comparison with wonderous moments from Russia and USA pre 2000
Not knowing if the beef dinner I'm eating from Aldi is actually a horse

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
if so ' no coffee left..need to buy some.'
if so ' no cigarette left..need to buy some'
if hungry 'i feel like eating this or that'
if so ' i need to meet with him or her what should i wear'
if so ' i need to pay the utility bill'
if so ' when was the last time i called dad.i should call'
if so ' i need to buy cat food'
if so ' clean the house'

and remember some past incidents.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Noisy neighbours, i cant tell the difference anymore, what is my insanity and what are actual noises, frigging d heads do not know how they make my life more difficult.

Globally, airborne prion disease intentionally put there... Body snatchers also, we are not all Hu-Man.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

"Not knowing if the beef dinner I'm eating from Aldi is actually a horse"

I'm ok with horse in there, but not so much human or rats!
www.independent.co.uk...

They say it might just be hair or fingernails, but I don't believe them.
I read something that said a pound of burger meat could contain the dna of 100K different cows. That just grosses me out.
Of course not enough to stop eating a burger though

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

The only thing I worry about is my wife dying before me. If we could go together that would be perfect.

What I can control is taken care of, everything else is beyond my control, so why worry about it?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Having to work full time until I die. I live a good life, but don't have anything put away for retirement. Don't see that changing any time soon. That's a little worrying.

Also worried that people won't stop watching news shows...How long will the general population be brainwashed? Thinking they can only vote for two parties. Thinking there is a difference between democrats and republicans. Thinking our biggest issues are left vs right or liberals ruining the country or conservatives ruining the country. How long will we have a country of idiots?

Those two things worry me the most.

Oh and dying. What happens when we die?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Oh and dying. What happens when we die?

Where do you think nutrition for the soil comes from?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Beer money. So far so good, but I nearly had to buy regular beer instead of craft.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The more you worry the bigger the problem gets. Don’t go looking for problems instead enjoy everything you have .

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I worry about the SHTF. I think the two most likely are:

A serious global financial collapse.

EMP or virus that shuts down the grid entirely. Everything so interconnected and we are so dependent upon technology for even the most basic things that it would be devastating.

Health. Do worry about some crippling healthcare need that could wipe us out. We are sitting well for our age in terms of retirement / incomes, but it a serious setback health wise could change the math dramatically.

As I get older, I just want the simpler things in life. Sick of the rat race. If I weren't married and with young kids, I'd be living off grid somewhere or traveling the country in an RV.

I'm hoping I can keep things together to get my kids to college / adulthood so I can just kick back.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I don't necessarily think that is true. I don't' agree you should just worry yourself to death but sometimes worrying is good, (like worrying about the environment) because it can lead to solutions rather than trust that everything will just work out. I know people that worry about nothing and just expect that others will take care of problems as they arise.

I do agree people should also enjoy everything you have.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I used to worry about EMP and then forgot about it for a while. Then I heard about the natural gas fires in Boston.
Then, in my area there were two bombs that were detonated near natural gas lines. The Fbi and Atf are looking into it.
Maybe it's not EMPs or the grid we have to be concerned about, but more natural gas lines...

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Heaven

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Most things people worry about are out of their control. If you had control over these problems you wouldn’t be worrying .

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Edumakated

I used to worry about EMP and then forgot about it for a while. Then I heard about the natural gas fires in Boston.
Then, in my area there were two bombs that were detonated near natural gas lines. The Fbi and Atf are looking into it.
Maybe it's not EMPs or the grid we have to be concerned about, but more natural gas lines...

Yeah, I don't know if it is an EMP or anything. Just the other day I was thinking what if there was a computer virus or even just some random glitch that totally deleted all the money in banks. I mean at this point, our money is nothing but 1 and 0s on a computer screen. Just anything that could shut down the grid or how society functions.

A major natural disaster that affects the entire continent? Yellowstone? Asteroid? Pandemic?

edit on 20-9-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Heaven

Interesting

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join