It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Hand To Hold And An Open Heart

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I had put this in the Shed, but realized that my ATS family expands further than that one thread and wanted to share it with you all.

Very late and I can't sleep as I am haunted by emotions. Each of you needs to know that you matter and have value. You matter to me and make a difference in my life. I wish you all strength and courage. I offer a hand to hold and an open heart. I pray that your grief is lessened, that you get a reprieve from the madness that surrounds your precious lives. I watch the flame dance as the candle burns low. It flickers casting shadows against the wall and I am mesmerized by its silent beauty.
Random thoughts fill my head keeping me from dreaming and here I sit in the sacred place we call home.

Sometimes words are elusive, they come and go and I wish to capture the ones that will sparkle with magic and beautiful intent. We are strong, sometimes because we have no other choice, but we are never alone in our shadows and darkness. There is still light my dear friends and that light is you. You and I. It comes from deep within ourselves, refusing to surrender. Hold on to that light and let it guide your way.

Come alive and dance with me in imagined worlds of our own making. Will you take this journey with me, the journey forward? Will you lie back in the soft green grass and look up at the stars with me at night? Will you sit with me in the forest looking up at the tall trees as the sun streams through spreading branches in the day? Will you take this life journey with me as it unfolds?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

edit on 16-9-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I have found that not even the trees will 'talk' to me any more. I sat in my park on Friday, and watched the grey clouds gathering above, and felt alone. Usually those weary old trees will be a comfort.

I think they are in despair at the state of the world. The earth is suffering.

Your posts are always a gift of compassion and hope Night Star.

To lay in the grass and witness a fleeting glimpse of the universe, one that exists for a such brief moment, before another brief moment takes it's place... as has always been done, and will forever be done. Reminds me of just how eternal every thing is, except the one thing we hold so close, ourselves, in our so very brief moment of life.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

You are beautiful, Night Star.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Ummm...Hello Light Star...It's a long time gone since we used to speak about such things...when I was the one pouring out my heart onto the page...emptying all my idealism out in an effort to share thought and simple perspective...

I have lain that all aside...not picked up that imaginary quill...not penned in electroform any muse...

Only existing...adrift...without direction or bearing...

You make a bright arrow that shines through drab existence...pierces the core of melancholy...touches my innermost self...
I shed tears...wails resound off my walls...echo after echo fades...
That sacred water falls...leaves tracks down my face...
What is it washing...I wonder...?

I miss what I was...who those tenuous moments allowed me to be...I miss the sound of clarity...the feel of words as they gathered and passed from my mind...out there...out into the world...

Into the world where a gentle soul once read them and where we once spoke about life...and it's myriad branching's...

Now...

Now I'm sitting here filling many tissues with the dross of my emotions...rubbing at my eyes...wiping away that sacred water...

Thank you my friend...the best friend I have found here...a friend I had given up speaking to...

Thank you for being that Light Star...

Thank you for speaking from your core...

Know that I have listened...and having listened...heard...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

To my Favorite Elven Warrior Princess,

Also thank you for being you my dear,

[[[[HUGS]]]]

Sincerely,
~joe
edit on 16-9-2018 by Mike Stivic because: Fixed

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

The last paragraph are all things I would enjoy to do.

Cool writing it's like it was meant for me.

Cool style

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Parishna

What a beautiful reply Parishna! Thank you so much for your kind reply!

Yes, the earth is surely suffering and the state of the world is a mess. We're all in this together and can make our own parts of the world beautiful again. When we embrace the little things in life, make someone smile or laugh or share in their sorrow and bring comfort... like a ripple affect in the water, our actions ripple out into the world from one person to the next then the world isn't such a dark place in those moments.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

So are you dear Zosimov! Hugs!

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Ah, I remember you kind Sir. I love how beautifully your words flow. They have touched me deeply. A most impressive and thoughtful reply. You are still a wonderful writer I see and should not give that up. Look at what you just posted and how very beautiful and heartfelt. I love the poetic flow from your soul to the page. Hugs old friend! Perhaps this can be a new chapter where you can begin again and share with us the wondrous writings that you know are still there just waiting to be written. I know you can do it. You just did. Thank you so much for your heartfelt and beautiful post!

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Oh Joe, you have always been such a wonderful friend to so many of us, a great man! I thank you for the songs and for being my friend!

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I like your timing
I like many things about you.
Thank you.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

I'm so glad you enjoyed this! Thank you Hun!

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Damla

Thank you Damla!

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Enchantingly Beautiful 🦋

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

That means a lot to me KTemplar! Thank you so much!

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Beautiful as always Night Star!
Much love to you for writing these words!

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Very beautiful words thankyou.
My mother is very ill in hospital and was feeling terrible.
Your words gave me relief from this surrounding darkness.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
That was gorgeous

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join