It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weatherman dramatically braces for Hurricane Florence while 2 guys casually stroll by

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: OneArmedBandit

It's a television production.

Dramatics makes for ratings and such.

And it sells plywood, batteries, bottled water... and beer. Woo hoo!

edit on 15-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
They all want to be like Gerardo.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

And it sells plywood, batteries, bottled water... and beer. Woo hoo!

Things people would be buying anyway.

Oh well. Weatherman faked the severity of his situation. Not surprised.

There are people on this website that use fake dramatics to sell their threads and narratives.

It's something that people tend to do.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Have you ever been where the WC screams the eyewall is going to hit? It becomes total pandemonium, gas stations selling out of gas, ice, drinks. Home Debit & Lowe's selling out of plywood, batteries, and so on. Same snip at all the other stores that have cross over items. Long ass lines everywhere. People being rude, cutting each other off, every man for himself BS starts setting in, road rage, even armed confrontations can happen...

Then the next day it #s 50 miles north, which might not seem like a lot, but on our penninsula its 'major'. Hell we even shift USDA climate zones every 50 miles here.

So then it eventually comes and after all that, a lot of people screwing their budgets up for example, and the power doesnt even go out, or not for more than 12 hours. Then all that stuff is out of stock for days maybe weeks, and some of that stuff people actually need the actually use that stuff and cant get it. Including gas.

Hurricanes are all about the eyewall as much as they are about the strength, aside from freak locales and flooding instances, and the coastal floodzone properties of course. And where they (the eyewall) hit yes you should board up, and then get the hell out. We're talking maybe a 20 mile wide area for about 50 miles inward. For everyone else its fill containers with water, and freeze a cooler full of blocks of ice, and buy beer, and throw a party.

Instead their fear mongering causes massive upheavel, MILLIONS of people hitting the road in total panic, potentially to their own peril considering their car might need work before such a trip. People get stranded in tough places for the storm. Or messing up their food budgets for the month after they splurge spend on crap they didnt need, or set themselves up to miss days of work they actually didnt have to. All sorts of unpredictable, 'unintended' consequences comes from this sort of BS hype machine.

edit on 15-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

ha ha ha this post actually made me laugh!!

bravo!!

fake weather!!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

LOL! You beat me to it. This is the song the goes through my head every time I see stuff like this. I had a dear friend who taught journalism at the local uni when this came out. He played it the first day of class to every class he taught. Then he would ask the class: How did Don Henley get this idea for a song?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Here is another one...
The reporters claim they "rescued" a dog:
twitter.com...

That dog was fine. It looks like the woman was just trying to hold the dog back from running through the water over to the people. That dog had no trouble getting through the water. It was only chest deep on him.

This was really just acting to make the floods more dramatic.

It was cute, however, when the guy was carrying him, and the dog's feet were going like he was swimming. That instinct in dogs held over water is so cute.

edit on 9/15/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Well they have to sensationalize these hurricanes as being "unprecedented" , "biblical", "once in a lifetime" that way they can push the global warming lie that storms are the worst they have ever been.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Hahahhaha yep, sure is good catch!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

This is funny but sad. Reason being is some people are stil going to buy this crap.
All news is pretty much like this. Anyalist that have to be told what to say so it matches the talking point set out by TPTB. Congress the same. These people forgot how to think on thier feet. BS is BS I guess.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Are you suggesting the crooked Big Plywood industry manufactured this storm? J/k

I love when msm is exposed this way. The saddest part is how many people watching probably bought this bs, even after the pedestrians casually walked by.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Anderson Cooper Pretending after Hurricane Katrina

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
He was probably from out of town.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

It also gets people killed...

If they do it here they do it with everything else.

You find that acceptable?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: BlueAjah

Well they have to sensationalize these hurricanes as being "unprecedented" , "biblical", "once in a lifetime" that way they can push the global warming lie that storms are the worst they have ever been.

Just like they sensationalize the migrant crisis in Europe ,its infotainment it needs to be jiucy to suck people in.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Hilarious , but to know media is Not 'Fake' , ahahahaha

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Awwwwww man!!!
Why did you ruin my fun little fantasy by bringing the facts (truth) to my attention!!! Honestly, I was basking in the ignorance!

Thats pretty cool how you noticed the days long commercial. I fully believe these "storms" can, and are, fabricated and controlled by some crazy, nwo, mossad, cia type of group.
Please!!!
No one take that away from me for right now!

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Anderson Cooper Pretending after Hurricane Katrina

You are correct, it is A. C.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Thanks - You made me laugh watching that video

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join