It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oliver the Human-Chimp Hybrid / Humanzee

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
You really have lost the plot so I'm afraid I'm off now.

How about answering the last question before your post?

Isn't it a British cartoon character, voice-actors, and songwriters? Do you really think that means that Americans know the word "flouncy?" This is your own topic, by the way lol.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

How about you stop making a complete tool of yourself (yes, that's another Brit word to confound your delicate Yankee sensibilities).

Good day. Good day to you, sir.

(post by peacefulpete removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

dont you see that that is actually evidence that oliver was not a hybrid ?????????????

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

the answe is :

there is zero scientific evidence that oliver was a hybrid

your entire claims in this thread boil down to " seems like " and " apprears to " you even manage to tell us what oliver " wanted " -

i am done with this thread - olivers " handlers " deliberatly prevented any meaningfull scientific analysis of oliver

he was a chimp - get over it

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

the answe is :

there is zero scientific evidence that oliver was a hybrid

your entire claims in this thread boil down to " seems like " and " apprears to " you even manage to tell us what oliver " wanted " -

i am done with this thread - olivers " handlers " deliberatly prevented any meaningfull scientific analysis of oliver

he was a chimp - get over it

The evidence is Oliver's anomalous characteristics which have never been seen in a different chimp.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   

No such evidence exists. What "anomalous characteristics"? From the link I posted earlier:

In the 1970s, a performing chimp named Oliver was popularized as a possible "mutant" or even a human–chimpanzee hybrid.[12] An examination of Oliver's chromosomes at the University of Chicago in 1996 revealed that Oliver had forty-eight—not forty-seven—chromosomes, thus disproving an earlier claim that he did not have a normal chromosome count for a chimpanzee.[13] Oliver's cranial morphology, ear shape, freckles, and baldness fall within the range of variability exhibited by the common chimpanzee.[14]

What part of that last sentence do you not understand?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   

what " anomoluous characteristics "

oliver was a preforming chimp - a product - trained and conditioned to do what his handlers wanted

you offer zero biological evidence - that falls outside the std devation of chimp traits - and lots of behaviour - that could be beaten into him

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Isn't it a British cartoon character, voice-actors, and songwriter

Pooh and Tigger were characters from books by AA Milne, a Brit. The film where the song comes from was an American film - Disney - hugely American, no? - and the songwriters were American:

Wiki: Richard M Sherman

Hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   

No such evidence exists. What "anomalous characteristics"? From the link I posted earlier:

In the 1970s, a performing chimp named Oliver was popularized as a possible "mutant" or even a human–chimpanzee hybrid.[12] An examination of Oliver's chromosomes at the University of Chicago in 1996 revealed that Oliver had forty-eight—not forty-seven—chromosomes, thus disproving an earlier claim that he did not have a normal chromosome count for a chimpanzee.[13] Oliver's cranial morphology, ear shape, freckles, and baldness fall within the range of variability exhibited by the common chimpanzee.[14]

What part of that last sentence do you not understand?

I understand "that last sentence." However, it's just not accurate.

For example, Oliver is the only one example of a chimpanzee who always walked upright, similar to a human. The thread includes other examples of traits that were never seen in any other chimpanzee, ever.

Probably the biggest thing is that he always walked upright. Never shown by any other monkey, ever.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

what " anomoluous characteristics "

oliver was a preforming chimp - a product - trained and conditioned to do what his handlers wanted

you offer zero biological evidence - that falls outside the std devation of chimp traits - and lots of behaviour - that could be beaten into him

Well I will give you credit that yes, it makes sense, at least, as an alternate explanation, that the poor creature was beaten so badly that he adopted the upright walk, and the other traits.

Although I would think that, if that was the case, that there'd be more than one example of such traits.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Pooh and Tigger were characters from books by AA Milne, a Brit. The film where the song comes from was an American film - Disney - hugely American, no? - and the songwriters were American:

Hope this helps.

OK, well you have taught me that the songwriters were American.

Let me just quickly explain that I was never a fan of the character or his show / song / etc. Even as a kid.

Actually let's go back to the 80's and I'll explain that my full experience of the character / show / song / etc. was... that Winnie the Pooh had a half-hour cartoon that used to be aired, before the actual cartoon that I enjoyed, which was Ghostbusters.

So I would often be stuck watching Winnie the Pooh, for a few minutes, just because I wanted to make sure I caught the beginning of the Ghostbusters cartoon.

...And I never really liked Winnie the Pooh, lol.

Plus, as an American kid in the 80's, I could tell that it wasn't an American show... The characters had British accents and they would do un-American things like have tea-time, lol.

So I always had the impression that it was British, the characters, the voice-actors, the cartoon, etc.

However, you did make me realize that the song was written by Americans (for a British character and fictional world).

Regardless, I promise that Americans don't know the word "flouncy," or "flouncing." Same for the words "pram" and "berk."

Also, please don't read too much into my posts: You've been insulting me with odd British words that aren't used in America, and sure, it made me wonder where you were coming from. But that's it. And so you said your British, well OK, then that explains it, lol.

...Anyway, it's all off-topic...lol

edit on 20-1-2019 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Biologically, humans & chimps are closer relatives than the thousands of years of mules being produced from cross-species mating.

what nonsense

try useing the correct words for what you have in mind.

Had you said genealogically then yes everyone could agree but you really like highlight your ignorance as often as you can.

well done

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

Biologically, humans & chimps are closer relatives than the thousands of years of mules being produced from cross-species mating.

what nonsense

try useing the correct words for what you have in mind.

Had you said genealogically then yes everyone could agree but you really like highlight your ignorance as often as you can.

well done

So your big complaint is that I didn’t say the word “genealogically?”

Well now we’ve said it, lol.

Also was hoping Peter could help better explain this, the relative closeness between our species, which is said to be closer relation, than between donkeys & horses...

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
i shall resign from this thread - i believe that any further discourse is unwarrented - and dont wish to get bogged into arguments of linguistics - good night folks

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

For the same reasons, I'm out too.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider
Agreed. I assume u r vegetarian then.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete

Hope this helps.

OK, well you have taught me that the songwriters were American.

Let me just quickly explain that I was never a fan of the character or his show / song / etc. Even as a kid.

Actually let's go back to the 80's and I'll explain that my full experience of the character / show / song / etc. was... that Winnie the Pooh had a half-hour cartoon that used to be aired, before the actual cartoon that I enjoyed, which was Ghostbusters.

So I would often be stuck watching Winnie the Pooh, for a few minutes, just because I wanted to make sure I caught the beginning of the Ghostbusters cartoon.

...And I never really liked Winnie the Pooh, lol.

Plus, as an American kid in the 80's, I could tell that it wasn't an American show... The characters had British accents and they would do un-American things like have tea-time, lol.

So I always had the impression that it was British, the characters, the voice-actors, the cartoon, etc.

However, you did make me realize that the song was written by Americans (for a British character and fictional world).

Regardless, I promise that Americans don't know the word "flouncy," or "flouncing." Same for the words "pram" and "berk."

Also, please don't read too much into my posts: You've been insulting me with odd British words that aren't used in America, and sure, it made me wonder where you were coming from. But that's it. And so you said your British, well OK, then that explains it, lol.

...Anyway, it's all off-topic...lol

Just popped back to put you straight again.

The English language has been around quite a fair bit longer than your United States was formed. Centuries, in fact. You chaps use our language. All languages borrow words or bits of words from others.

American English does not really have many of it's own words, most are shared with English. You lot spell things wrong occasionally, like "Aluminium".

Anyway, back on topic, Oliver walked upright because he spent years in a tiny cage where he had no choice but to do so. And he was a circus act. All very sad. Do some research.
edit on 22-1-2019 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

*sigh*

Please don't create a pissing-match about our ancestors, and their contributions to the modern world, lol. ...My own ancestors created civilization, through invasion and conquest, thousands of years before the English language was formed. Including invading, conquering, and civilizing "Great Britain" when it was still a bunch of tribesmen wandering around, in fields and forests.

"Aluminium" is not a word that would be recognized by Americans. If you're talking about "aluminum," we call it... aluminum.

And Oliver... could have potentially been forced to walk upright through cruelty and mistreatment... However, like I said earlier, if that was the case, I'd expect to see more than one example of a monkey walking upright, in all of recorded history.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

And Oliver... could have potentially been forced to walk upright through cruelty and mistreatment... However, like I said earlier, if that was the case, I'd expect to see more than one example of a monkey walking upright, in all of recorded history.

Again with this never in human history nonsense.

Have you actually tried looking for every recorded chimp in human history to actually say this?

Do you see all of human history simply when you are conscious?

The absurdity of the things you say are at times are amazing.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join