It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: Creep Thumper

Those are normal.. no callsign are usually private charters. Gulfstreams, lear, etc etc..

There are empty flights that also don't get a callsign.

Ah, thanks. Thought it might be military or something.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
So I just caught up on the thread as it's moving at lightning speed. What happened to the person that posted about 20 pages ago that they were on their way there? I didn't see an update on that and wondered if anyone here has had any contact with them?

I stared at that video of the drone flight over the area frame by frame on an 70' television in HD and seen absolutely nothing out of the ordinary besides the people and the truck. I'm not sure what I was looking for, but I'm so intrigued by this story that I wasted two hours doing so.

At this point, I don't even know who I'd call because all the people that CAN be contacted are probably getting inundated with requests for interviews since this has hit main stream a little. If I hadn't used my vacation time this year, I'd have left for there days ago and live streamed it right here lol.

Kudos to everyone for keeping this thread alive and for posting any and all information!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Apparently, the organisation that manages the observatory (AURA) have a 'Staff Directory' on their website, but it is currently inaccessible. Coincidence?

www.aura-astronomy.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Ahhhh all warm and fuzzy...threads like this remind me what brought here all those year's ago...

Interesting so far..
Interception of classified information?
Hacking?
TS military asset flyover capture accidently...?

Apologies, just catching up

edit on p19739182400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Tucker Carlson is doing a segment on this now on his show on Fox News.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Tucker Carlson just highlighted this topic.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Hi everyone, this is my first ever post here. I don't generally bother with posting stuff but this particular topic has really intrigued me since I first saw the story a few days ago.

I've been bouncing around the web looking constantly for as much information as possible. This thread has been a great read.

Earlier today I watched the video of the drone flying above the observatory and it was pointed out there were two people, and it was speculated on whom they were. Later today, I ran across a video in reddit which sent me to youtube.. the two people in this video were actually walking around and recording things around the observatory.

I'm quite certain these same people are the two from the Drone footage posted here earlier today.

m.youtube.com...
edit on 13-9-2018 by PublishedShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

WSMR is restricted due to the testing that they do from 0700-2000 local (7am to 8pm), and by NOTAM.

This observatory also has a wonderful view of the range, where new things are being tested that they don't want seen. Holloman as well, which is getting new units and more active.
edit on 9/13/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

I havent heard anything yet from plzbetrue, hoping for the best.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SackCloth

I checked that earlier today. The staff directory is unavailable due to IP restrictions. They likely have it accessible through specific organization computers or a specific organizational VPN. Kinda smart.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: PublishedShadow

That's a great find thanks for posting, I'm going to watch it more in depth and see if I hear anything or see anything of interest. The apparel definitely looks very similar, and it's two people as we saw on drone like you stated.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

That's a great find thanks for posting, I'm going to watch it more in depth and see if I hear anything or see anything of interest. The apparel definitely looks very similar, and it's two people as we saw on drone like you stated.

Interestingly enough they point out a drone in their video

edit on 13-9-2018 by PublishedShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Tucker Carlson is doing a segment on this now on his show on Fox News.

Finally, the big names are taking notice. The concerning thing is that even FoxNews apparently does not know any more than the rest of us know. I am sure they tried hard to find out more information to get the scoop, but came up empty.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: chiefsmom

WSMR is restricted due to the testing that they do from 0700-2000 local (7am to 8pm), and by NOTAM.

This observatory also has a wonderful view of the range, where new things are being tested that they don't want seen. Holloman as well, which is getting new units and more active.

This... This is the exact reason I feel the observatory was closed.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

Yeah awesome I missed that link definently caught each other. They even left the computers with literally no security, that seems to be be the biggest security liability someone could snatch all the hard drives and mine the data....

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublishedShadow
Hi everyone, this is my first ever post here. I don't generally bother with posting stuff but this particular topic has really intrigued me since I first saw the story a few days ago.

I've been bouncing around the web looking constantly for as much information as possible. This thread has been a great read.

Earlier today I watched the video of the drone flying above the observatory and it was pointed out there were two people, and it was speculated on whom they were. Later today, I ran across a video in reddit which sent me to youtube.. the two people in this video were actually walking around and recording things around the observatory.

I'm quite certain these same people are the two from the Drone footage posted here earlier today.

m.youtube.com...
you are published now!!!!!

Glad to meet ya!!!!

link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
a reply to: queenofswords

All these similar but different people are starting to make me think Rod Serling is in the house.

Just don't get on that ship lol

LOLme too.

but the conspiracy theorist in me thinks thats a common ruse misquote names basic info etc. cause now if there is anything going on everything is a just a smokescreen. All these days and probably the closest we have been to the truth was the initial quote it has been evacuated for a security issue. Everything else is just to soften that quote or cover it up entirely.

link   
a reply to: TheGoondockSaint

I might be inclined to believe this, but Apache Point Observatory (about a mile down the road) seems to be operating business as usual. They would also be in visual range or close enough to present the same ‘risk’. Additionally, Sunspot has been operating for around 50 years and I’ve not seen any reference to previous shut downs like this.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Tanga36

FBI raids the place, kick everyone out with no explanation. Has sheriff assist in evac and then stonewalls them until they leave. Claims "Security threat" and nothing more. Agents messing with antennas and towers. They toss up Caution tape, a portable sign and then leave. No presence of agents, security personnel or even maintenance crew.

It almost sounds like they just wanted the place vacated.

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join