It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm now beginning to think that whatever is happening has very little to do with the physical location. Let's take a step back and look at it again.

FBI raids the place, kick everyone out with no explanation. Has sheriff assist in evac and then stonewalls them until they leave. Claims "Security threat" and nothing more. Agents messing with antennas and towers. They toss up Caution tape, a portable sign and then leave. No presence of agents, security personnel or even maintenance crew.

Mercury theft and/or spill has been ruled out due to the enormity and stupidity of such a task. Plus no agents in spacesuits and SCBA even though it wouldn't be necessary.

Bomb threat is out the window due to no bomb squad. Plus it would've only been shut down for a few hours and then open again.

Post Office played a role in it? Not likely. White powder would've required the workers to get tested but we know they were moved to a neighboring post office and no quarantine or clean up crews seen scrubbing the place down. The location inside the little wall is what got it shut down, in my opinion.

Aliens!? Unfortunately, not this time. While many other observatories have been shut down for some time around the globe, many others have not been and that info would've leaked by now, from somebody. I'll circle back to this in a minute.

Someone threatened someone? Come on, Sheriff, the FBI doesn't fly in a response crew for that. It would've been your job, Sheriff!

Spy infiltrated the place? Now we are getting closer to what may be the real answer. RadioRobert mentioned the software and how valuable it could be in the hands of someone with a Directed Energy Weapon. The amount of data for moving, directing, aiming the mirrors would have to be enormous and contain more lines of code than I'll ever write in my life. Why write your own when you could gain access to some of the most advanced software on the world just by sending a student over to study astronomy and load a backdoor onto the system? Or even better, save the airfare and tuition and find your own backdoor to the system. I'm guessing with it being an outdated observatory that was going to be moving, the network may not have been updated recently. Also, who would have thought an observatory would be a prime target for hack? The FBI deals with cyber-security. If the system was being remotely accessed, yank those wires down from the antennas ASAP! Evacuate everyone and get them out of your way so you can grab the servers, hard drives, etc. and head back to wherever to find out where the attack happened, when it happened and what all they were able to get. No need to post any guards there because you've got everything, nobody can go in and work because you've got their computers. So, just toss up some yellow tape, a stop sign and leave town. Now, circling back to the other observatories that have been shut down or had other anomalies. What if they are connected to the same network as Sunspot? And even if they weren't, they might have been put on alert to check their stuff. So, they shut down, run through everything, if it's ok they are running again but if not, they remain shut down until they figure out the severity of their breach. In my opinion, this is what makes the most sense, checks all of the checkmarks and is the most viable answer.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: threeeyesopen

There are no TFR (temporary flight restriction) issued for all of New Mexico

FAA.gov: FAA TFR New Mexico (search results)

I guess that the normal standing restrictions are in place. Looking over the map there are wide areas all around NM.

Weird that planes are staying away of their own choosing.

Screenshots for everyone.
I added the Flight paths so people here can see the normal traffic patterns in the sky. The skyway highway is the yellow lines. NAVIADS low Alti. And high Alti Are all normal and no planes are avoiding the area( only Holloman and Whitesands area which is normal ) I've also shown military traffic in the area which is low.

All is normal. Flightwise....

edit on 13-9-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Yeah seems like a lot of them are ex military guys, they sure have an interesting sense of humor.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh
He lives! You feeling any better buddy? You ever pull the trigger on that joystick I keyed you in on?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
What is mercury used for?

The mirror is floated on elemental mercury around 7tons of it but it’s not nearly as dangerous as it’s made out to be, methylmercury is the dangerous containment that is nurotoxic.

Just curious. Thanks for your reply. Always nice to get an education.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Lol... still sick.
But I'm watching the thread😊

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Anyone want to contact NM Senator?
www.tomudall.senate.gov...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Lol... still sick.
But I'm watching the thread😊

Get better big guy, can’t believe we’re still in about the same spot chasing our tails. Us non mercury guys are still sitting pretty in knowing they didn’t try to snowball us by trying to say it was a hazmat situation....

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Not bad... for a sick guy!!

I should have done that. D'oh!

Thanks for the images!!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Quick question, since I bow to others computer skills, Does that program(?) store the info for past days? Like everyday since this started?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Flightradar24 goes back 30 days..( bought the gold membership)
ADS-B does too... but it's tricky.

Still having issues with tablet uploading pics due to the adds overlay. So I'm logging out of tablet and into the computer and back again just to get you guys these recent pics.😊

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
And heres a better idea of where sunspot is on the map...

And I'm spent...
Still no sign of HAZMAT😆

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Correct me if I’m wrong, please, but don’t you need tail numbers or origination/destination info to go back 30 days? Was looking into this at work.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think they know we would have brought out the pitch forks and torchs if they tried to pull the hazmat card!

Would be interesting if this was actually a hack job, wait let me rephrase this whole thing has been a hack job, I meant to say “hacking incident”.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I've been following this since page one. I have a group of like minded friends in my area that have all become obsessed with this story. One of them is contacting a friend that "may be able to shed some light, but that's all I'm going to say about him"... I will post any information I get on this.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Fiscal

Reg# Tail# and flight#'s all of them will work as long as you have one to work with.

See the clock icon on the left? See it shows rewind? Hit rewind and the whole map goes backwards.... all the aircrafts in the desired area of view.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I see there's one flight due north with no callsign.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Ok, but on those pics, no flights going over. (maybe not a normal flight path?)
Really, I am nowhere near the researcher most on this thread are. But I really have a gut feeling we are missing something (besides just what they aren't telling us)

And you need to rest. Get back to 100%! Your obviously needed here.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

Those are normal.. no callsign are usually private charters. Gulfstreams, lear, etc etc..

There are empty flights that also don't get a callsign.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Lol...thanks.
And I feel something out of the norm happened too.😉

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join