It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Two different names are being reported for the AURA spokesperson: Shari Lifson / Sheri Lofson

Looking them both up. Both names have a footprint.

Slight differences in spelling seem to be a thing, especially when it's something like this that demands further research. Or, are these two different women.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

All these similar but different people are starting to make me think Rod Serling is in the house.

Just don't get on that ship lol

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The pics earlier, with the 2 motorcycles and 2 cars parked at the gate, I'm friends on FB with one of the riders, he said they hung out for a bit, didn't go on the campus, but said he saw no sign of anyone being there.

Not much new info wise, but a little more corroboration to it being a ghost town now.

If AURA is so worried about a security threat, wouldnt they have at least a guard???

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Wouldn't dogs be barking at least ? Mine would be

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
The pics earlier, with the 2 motorcycles and 2 cars parked at the gate, I'm friends on FB with one of the riders, he said they hung out for a bit, didn't go on the campus, but said he saw no sign of anyone being there.

Not much new info wise, but a little more corroboration to it being a ghost town now.

If AURA is so worried about a security threat, wouldnt they have at least a guard???

Seems like they couldn’t have gotten everything of value out of there even if they did they’d still want it guarded because of copper theft and the like...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

One would think. It’s literally some tape and a stop sign. That’s it.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
During the China/Russia War Games?

Sorry if posted, still reading

True and that is unusual.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Checking other forums and someone mentioned planes are avoiding the area. Can someone check the flight radar map to see if this is the case?

I find it intriguing, if that's the case.

I'm having trouble posting on here today. Anyone else with the same issue?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Maybe this is the press conference that's supposed to be forthcoming, maybe not.

"Hi Reddit,

Astronomer here - an official statement from AURA is imminent.

The observatory community is a small one and it doesn't take long for information to make it's way around."

Then in response to another poster asking if they know what's going on.

"I'm going to refrain from speculation, but I will be hearing from my colleagues at the Astronomical Society of the Pacific (ASP) meeting shortly"

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I've had a few issues posting but nothing major obviously lol, we were talking about that earlier and no one picked that up for further discussion, I was hoping some of our more enlightened members in aviation could show us something.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Two different names are being reported for the AURA spokesperson: Shari Lifson / Sheri Lofson

Looking them both up. Both names have a footprint.

Slight differences in spelling seem to be a thing, especially when it's something like this that demands further research. Or, are these two different women.

By Shari Lifson, Peter Michaud, and Joan Najita
www.aura-astronomy.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Good catch there, that is another thing thats repeated, gonna look up what kind of footprint they've left.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I can confirm. There’s no air traffic in the area currently. Though that’s likely due to proximity to White Sands.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
Checking other forums and someone mentioned planes are avoiding the area. Can someone check the flight radar map to see if this is the case?

I find it intriguing, if that's the case.

I'm having trouble posting on here today. Anyone else with the same issue?

Yes have had to clean and restart and even use another computer to stay on. Posting works half the time.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Have a link to the specific post? Can message with it if you like.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

I asked someone who went there if they heard any sounds of animals like dogs and they said no. From the videos there are clearly no animals running free. I wish someone who's walking the premises would be kind enough to look in a window or keep their ears open for any sounds of animals.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Just another small but of info I found a little odd.

On the Lincoln National Forest page
www.fs.usda.gov...
the observatory has its own page. Not much info except location, how to get there, no bathrooms, no water...
BUT then it says "Operated by: Other Federal"
This may mean nothing, it may mean the grounds are maintained by AURA, the school, the USDA and/or any combo of them. It may also mean the website has not been updated in awhile.

I know NMSU is in the process of taking the facility over and have been transitioning for a year or more so why have that designation? Probably means nothing but figured I'd throw another piece out there.

Also, it has the "Area Status" as "Open"
I assume it means everything around there (Apache Point) is open but doesn't specify that the observatory is currently closed off

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Fiscal

I'll post the link, it's on a general discussion board, the comment was made about an hour ago by burner.

www.reddit.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Thanks! Just found it and checked back. I’m hoping it’s legit as I’d love to read this so-called ‘imminent statement’.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

From the same account in response:

“The AURA EPO team are at the ASP meeting right now - which is being continually interrupted due to this story. They are inundated with emails/phone calls from folks asking what's going on.

This story has gotten major traction in the last few hours and so we can expect a delay in the release of the statement.

What I can say for certain is that it is not aliens/solar flares/niburu/secret aircraft/spacecraft.

The incident has a far more earthly tone to it. No doubt this will not satisfy those tin-foil hat types.“

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join