It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Tanga36

I mean some of his sci fi aint, perhaps.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

I did see that he was also a non fiction writer but I did not see that last part about it being based on personal experiences.

Maybe I was just dreaming that part up because I'm not able to locate the page where I (thought) I saw it before. Had surgery a couple of days ago so been sleeping pretty irregularly. Especially since I'm still waiting for the insurance company to approve the pain meds. So, I was up most of the night digging and searching but at least we know I'm not researching and posting while on the good stuff! Not yet anyways Lol

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

The source also claimed to watch the progress of the hurricane and claimed it would do some very interesting things."

I've noticed it's taking a sharp right turn in the predictions... It's also massive...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Check out Rod J. Spurgeon (@RodSpurgeon): twitter.com...

Shows he is a science fiction writer in his bio

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

I hate to say this, but that kind of stuff (hurricanes and such) really fascinates me. Just once I'd like to go with some storm chasers and see what it's like to be hit by mother nature so hard.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

I mean some of his sci fi aint, perhaps.

That's why I wanted to locate that page I swore I was on earlier. It listed many of his books (looked similar to an Amazon set up) and some of the books looked benign, possibly middle school children's books and others were obvious SciFi books. And I swear that it said some of his nonfiction writings were based on his experiences. That was really the only part that stuck with me b/c I thought "I wonder IF some of the SciFi ones are actually nonfiction from his experiences." However, that was really the ONLY bit of interesting info on the entire page and I didn't save the link anywhere since it really wasn't (still isn't) all that important to this story. Lol!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
Excellent thread. I have been on other forums trying to see if anyone can figure out what's going on but it seems we are all baffled.

Has anyone confirmed if this particular observatory has a UV mirror that other sites don't have? I'm not finding anything on it. Why is only Sunspot area closed? No obvious signs of security is weird, too.

Other forums have linked ATS and its members praising this thread. Good Job! And someone actually asked if anyone new Threeeyesopen.

I read somewhere last weekend that this telescope had been upgrade recently with UV capability. Yesterday I tried to find more info about this and can't seem to find anything. If anyone knows anything about this I'd really appreciate hearing from them.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I hate to say this, but that kind of stuff (hurricanes and such) really fascinates me. Just once I'd like to go with some storm chasers and see what it's like to be hit by mother nature so hard.

Well, as someone who has read many many books on exploration, I'd say you have the heart of an adventurer. Men like you raced to the South Pole. The Englishman died on the way home and the winner, Amundsen, was vilified for beating him at his own game.

link   

originally posted by: 898929

Check out Rod J. Spurgeon (@RodSpurgeon): twitter.com...

Shows he is a science fiction writer in his bio
thanks! Yeah, I'm just having a personal meltdown because I KNOW I saw and read something but can't locate it now. It really doesn't even matter in regards to the whole of this story but I'm trying to prove to myself that I'm not going completely off the deep end!

link   
Two people on the road. The one on the right is aiming a rifle at a third person sitting in the grass far right lower quadrant just above the three stumpy trees. reply to: SeaWorthy

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: boomerdude
Two people on the road. The one on the right is aiming a rifle at a third person sitting in the grass far right lower quadrant just above the three stumpy trees. reply to: SeaWorthy

that's what I saw when looking at the pic as well. It looks like the one on the right has a rifle leveled at something IMO

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Does the person on the right not appear to have their arms held up as though they are pointing a gun ? Or is that just me ?

The elbow is pointed outward, the stance with one foot facing forward and the other in a bracing position.

The shadow looks lacking, but the arms DO look odd to me.

The one on the left looks like he's carrying something- a long bag.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Surveyor7

Just wanted to confirm that I did also read about that and I also dont have any more information on it. That's been a hard lead to follow.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I think it's random lights and a wheelbarrow full of instagram filters.

I get this odd feeling she's there to try to pull off some state sponsored shenanigans.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Yes the shadows dont line up on the person on the left, and something is hanging down from their pant leg, like wire or rope.

The person on the right looks like they are possibly facing the other direction?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Surveyor7

A couple of pages back, I posted a couple of quotes and a link with some of the technical stuff about the telescope. The info may or may not be what you're looking for but I know that I didn't really understand what all it was saying. However it did state that it's still one of the most advanced in the world.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

If memory serves, it was the ‘310 nm wavelength’ that I saw referenced as being relatively unique? Does that sound accurate?

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

I think the lack of interest, in part, is coming from people seeing the articles and blowing it off because it is THAT bizarre. I’ve seen multiple people questioning if it’s real. The more that MSM picks it up, the more people will listen.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

So if there was a data hack, I'd say it was related to the mirrors/adaptive optics.

You might say, "Why would China/Russia/whoever care about a solar observatory", but the same kind of adaptive optics are a key component for building an effective DEW.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

I've been fortunate enough to have travelled to many countries, it has helped me a lot to gain perspective.

I certainly do have the heart of an adventurer, you've nailed that one quite well

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join