It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
So I was looking for the link regarding Spurgeon and whether or not it's the same guy as the writer and came across this interesting page that allows you to search all of the USPS employees nationwide (also will let you search ANY Federal employee but for our current use, I linked the postal part).
php.app.com...
When I put in his name, it popped up with a fairly interesting synopsis. Doesn't make sense with the info it gives that he is a postal employee but after checking twice, it claims the search was filtered to only postal employees.

Cannot post the screengrab I took of it so you can check it out yourself or check out my attempt at recreating it.

First Name Rod J
Last Name Spurgeon
Title WRITER/EDITOR
Hourly Rate / Salary $0 / $81,163
City Denver
State CO

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Double Post
edit on 9132018 by Tanga36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Excellent thread. I have been on other forums trying to see if anyone can figure out what's going on but it seems we are all baffled.

Has anyone confirmed if this particular observatory has a UV mirror that other sites don't have? I'm not finding anything on it. Why is only Sunspot area closed? No obvious signs of security is weird, too.

Other forums have linked ATS and its members praising this thread. Good Job! And someone actually asked if anyone new Threeeyesopen.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DiegoGarciaOliveras

Thanks for the info, and if I may suggest let's keep back a short distance before we really start bothering this guy. I'm trying to get him to talk to me hopefully, I'd hate for someone to drag his name through the mud or something without due diligence.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I was trying to insert a photo/screenshot from the Sunspot Solar Observatory's Instagram but it won't let me. They just posted again a few mins ago, with just a wall of text basically repeating the same old thing.

They said something along these lines.
"AURA is addressing a security issue and has decided to temporarily vacate the facility as a precuationary measure."

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

You only go plain clothed when you have something to hide

Considering what has been done with the place and possibly the people- I go for that answer.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaolin_dragon
a reply to: 898929

Is it me, or are those two guys carrying rifles? Might be just their arms being held at an odd angle, or could be a glitch in the picture?

I'm glad I wasn't the only one wondering that. I was chalking it up to weird shadows, walking sticks, etc. I decided not to say anything, myself...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 898929

I'm going to work my magic on this. I didn't see this, thanks to my sorta low res tv- my other monitor is decent, but it's so small, I'd go blind seeing this sort of detail.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Just an interesting note on trending. People’s interest seems to be spiking on the topic. Here’s a trend analysis:

trends.google.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Definitely. The mods will slam this thread shut in a heartbeat if we begin singling people out by name for potential harassment.

Remember Sandy hook people.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fiscal
a reply to: Tanga36

Twitter: @rodspurgeon

His about section lists being a writer and ownyourowndefense.net.

He tweets pretty constantly about USPS events and business.

I’d say there’s your link.

I am in total agreement now. The info I located earlier was incomplete, at best. Thought I had already checked for him on Twitter and eliminated that but I was mistaken. Good find!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I do get that a lot
I did post earlier that i could use some work, I've got a couple of writing samples, just saying PM me if you want more info lol.

Does anyone recognize that it is a known uniform ? I noticed someone earlier said Blackwater, that would be private security then.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Tanga36

No problem. Echoing someone’s previous statement and a reference to a news article that was posted, I have a suspicion that he’s not even in the area and just a public spokesman.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

I agree 100%, plain clothes or uniform though? The guy with the drone video said they identified as just regular people. I do wonder if he would have mentioned if they had rifles or not. I didn't get the impression he was on a gag order or something like that.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

I guess it's taking them a while to come up with a lie that they feel we would accept and not pick apart into a million pieces.

They're screwed. May as well just spit out the truth at this point- or look like a bunch of imbeciles.

Government Intelligence, indeed. Wotta oxymoron.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Here's a couple of quotes from a page about the observatory. Not sure what all of it means but might answer your question.

...the Dunn Solar Telescope (DST) continues to operate today - though much of it has been upgraded over the years. Presently, a high-order efficient adaptive optics system makes it possible for the telescope to effectively remove most of the distortion caused by the atmosphere above the telescope. As such, to date, the DST has some of the sharpest ground-based images of the Sun available in the world.

And another excerpt from same site

...Dunn Solar Telescope in Sunspot, including the acquisition of science data at the DST, still one of the finest solar telescopes in existence. The NSO remain in charge of operations of the Sunspot site. With the advent of DKIST, the DST will become even more invaluable to the scientific community, as the unique design and flexibility of the DST allow the telescope to provide important complimentary data to the DKIST telescope that the design of DKIST simply does not allow. Despite nearing its 50th birthday, the Dunn Solar Telescope continues to operate on clear-weather days, providing unparalleled data to the solar scientific community.

Link to the page
sunspot.solar...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

he posts under R.J spurgeon, I can confirm it's the same author of the sci fi books.

Be a hell of a thing if some of his books aren't sci fi one bit.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Off topic- but I'd *love* to have one of these scammers call me about my Windows problems...

I have Linux, and would screw them around at warp speed. Too bad they'd have my phone #. I'd be getting spam FOREVER.

Like I don't already.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

That's for sure, with all those books published, hes an award winning author apparently and yet...no easily accessible biography on him ? I've seen the stuff you guys posted, but do a quick search in google and you will scarcely find any biographical information.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Lol yeah no kidding, I get random calls all the time from other countries, no idea what for...half the time no ones on the other line.

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join