It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 135
<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Nooooo! Not ANOTHER mundane end to the story! Lol! I guess I can accept a mundane ending just as long as the story makes better sense than the slop they attempted to force us to eat the other day.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Tanga36

Two really big clues.

The dude not being able to go back in his home, screams they want to keep him from the home for a reason,
the equipment taken from the towers

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Okay, so seeing as how Zaphod is being so cryptic here...

Can we deduce the following?

Some of the facilities at the site were being used for nefarious purposes other than "astronomy" (say drugs or surveilance)...and the equipment on the radio towers was being used for communications to facilitate whatever this nefarious activity was, so as to avoid using communications links (such as POTS) which can be easily monitored. (thinking possibly something like point to point microwave, likely encrypted).

This would, in turn, suggest that more than one person knew about what going on (possibly several / many), and this would explain why the MIB's are keeping everyone away from the site until they can figure out who all was involved (up to and including possibly the APO operator and maybe even the Sheriff himself).

ETA - Ideal location for some kind of a microwave link to somewhere else.
edit on 9/19/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Two really big clues.

The dude not being able to go back in his home, screams they want to keep him from the home for a reason,
the equipment taken from the towers

I do see what you're saying. I think you may have been the one that mentioned it to me earlier and I just kinda laughed it off in my reply. Later on, it hit me that you may have been serious instead of making a joke. Then I did delve into it some more.

Some of it does make sense but what I don't get is if he is the guy you want to keep out, why let him in every day and continue his job? Why allow him inside the buildings, around the equipment, where he could "accidentally" make certain evidence disappear or reappear? He was supposedly the guy in there mopping the floors or whatever in one of those YouTube vids, right? Also, he was really the only one that could not telecommute and do his job. He had to physically be there.

I also feel like he may have decided to camp out after seeing the drone video or another vid because he knew there wasn't any security on site and he wanted to make sure that nobody broke into his home.

They had more than enough time to pour over the data they took during their snatch n grab campaign on day 1 to find the evidence they were looking for against him. So why not arrest him? Or did they and I miss that part? That is entirely possible with all the info I've gone through in the last 26 hours. I don't even know his name, do you happen to know it? I'm off to look again. I have so many screenshots, pics saved, quotes typed and saved, links to pages that I can't remember why I saved them that even with my best efforts of trying to organize it, it's still a cluster. Haha!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Don't focus on the guy. He's not relevant to what happened.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Don't focus on the guy. He's not relevant to what happened.

Oh. I was assuming that you were saying since they wouldn't allow him back in that he was the possible "perp" in this scenario.

BTW...I just happened to come across 2 different videos about them finding a dead "hiker" nearby... After they reopened. Anyone else hear about this?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Yeah, he hiked a trail and didn't come back. Probably wasn't prepared for the heat.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Yeah, he hiked a trail and didn't come back. Probably wasn't prepared for the heat.

That was my assumption from just reading the titles. Didn't figure that it actually had anything to do with the observatory debacle other than location and timing. With the observatory at over 9,000 feet, just walking around out there will take it's toll on a person if they aren't prepared. Then add heat, sun and whatever other elements Mother Nature wants to punish you with to the equation..... Why does ANYONE go outside?!? The planet is trying to kill us!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Big meth lab found at location in one of the buildings???

Chinese or Russian grad student(s) run amok???

Bouncing laser beams off of satellites using some of the equipment there, attempting to interfere with/disrupt communications with military testing going on in the area???

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I see where you're both coming from regarding the nefarious activity and it only being connected to the observatory because of where it is, using various empty buildings, homes, storage areas, etc to do whatever you want, whether it's cooking something or possibly moving people thru there. The antennas provide the necessary as well as pretty well concealed apparatus for high end comminations devices. Ok. I think I'm finally understanding this angle a little better. My mind has been so focused on it being something other than some kind of smuggling operation (drug or otherwise) that I was having trouble getting my mind to even open up to that. The location is 125 miles from the border, well outside the Border Patrol's "No 4th Amendment here" Zone, there are countless empty and readily available places to stash goods, people or things and if you move them every night, nobody would ever notice. Hell, it's possible that there were people squatting in there without anyone knowing. Ok... This is beginning to make some sense now.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Big meth lab found at location in one of the buildings???

Chinese or Russian grad student(s) run amok???

Bouncing laser beams off of satellites using some of the equipment there, attempting to interfere with/disrupt communications with military testing going on in the area???

I heard some of the Canadian grad students bootlegged some of their "real beer" across the border and within 3 days, everything had gone to hell. The woodland creatures had gotten a hold of some half full ones and were dancing around the campfire with the students and workers. When the troops arrived, they (humans and woodland creatures) were all swaying back n forth while singing "Stand By Me"

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
a reply to: wylekat

You haven't mentioned though, did he have hard feelings after? Or was he cool about it

He was going to have me court martialed for doing such a thing. How dare *I*, a fresh out of school recruit, knock out a trained SEAL? An officer, yet!

The base commander got ahold of his butt and asked how dare he, a SEAL, and an officer, yet NOT REPORT TO THE BASE COMMANDER BEFORE PLAYING GI JOE?? Seems they have a knack for doing just that...

I never saw him again, although when I transferred to Japan, the fools were at it for months, until Japanese military almost shot a bunch of them. And when I say fools- I mean it. My cat could probably have been able to tell who was who!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: Tanga36

No, I don't think you're going blind because I really didn't see anything, let alone several, helipads in the vicinity. But I also thought that it may just be a flat spot carved out in the dirt somewhere and it would blend in better than a concrete or asphalt pad

Its the red and blue areas, better picture somewhere in the thread.

Those are sportsball courts- and it's surrounded by a fence. I would not want to try landing a nice, large heli on something like that. not to mention- trying to struggle equipment, armed military people, etc thru a chain link fence gate? You'd think they would want something a little closer to the equipment and stuff anyway.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

See that landing strip behind the red dot? There are better aerial photos out there. There's a catalog of photos of every building inside and out. Someone mentioned the maintenance guy and how they couldn't go camping outside because there's cougars and snakes lmao. That would actually be kind of fun and a great place to do it at. Also, I thought stealth Blackhawks were common knowledge, didn't the world find out about it when the Osama raid happened and we left 1 behind? Nothing is happening with the sun, not real sure why that's a thing...

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

The NSA most certainly has field agents. Just because you dont hear about them doesnt mean they dont exist - just means they are very good at their jobs.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
"There were work crews on towers and people around antennas". Doesn't say they were removing anything. Most likely they left stuff behind so they can continue their "investigation" off site.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 898929

That is the landing strip.
You mean the little Google dot, right?
ALL the way out there- and trying to haul sensitive equipment/ whatever to and from *there*.
*smacks head* Oy. You gotta be kidding me.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

That landing strip looks like a bush pilot could get in and out. This a govt facility, if they didn't have a place to land a helicopter I would be shocked.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

By everyone I mean the staff at Apache Point. The media have so far left them alone, but if anyone turns up there asking questions, posting videos, or snooping around, the story will explode and we'll find out what as happened.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: 898929

That landing strip looks like a bush pilot could get in and out. This a govt facility, if they didn't have a place to land a helicopter I would be shocked.

A bush pilot doesn't come equipped with buttloads of equipment, or fully armed and armored personnel if needed.

*imagine* having to bring in something requiring it to be rolled, it's sensitive, and it's got to be rolled thru woods to the observatory/ vice versa. Or, you need to get from the strip to the observatory FAST.

There's no road, no access, no NOTHING- just a strip of land. *shakes head* how skippy can they get??

new topics

top topics

<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join