It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 133
<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Tanga36

That I really don't know. I was just quoting Bruce Sagma who is purported to be the facility's maintenance chief.

That part, I understand. I just... see absolutely no helipads anywhere, and I hoped I wasn't going goofy or blind or something.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder

I do not believe the internet has reached the level of vast personal knowledge of all on Earth.

Now the people volunteering info on social sights, those are more trackable,in fact more likely to be. But I won't say they are not trying either, just not there yet.

I know plenty of people you'd never find on any search engine. Just saying

I agree that it is possible for people to remain anonymous or even disappear from the web. I have friends that vanished, both physically and no presence online either. A couple still live close by but nobody seems to know exactly where. The only contact we have with them is complete happenstance and one of my group will bump into them somewhere. Always the same general story and vague details. But for my group, whenever we run into one of them, we contact the others and let them all know that so and so is still alive. It definitely is possible. Hard work and always thinking ahead but it is possible.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

No, I don't think you're going blind because I really didn't see anything, let alone several, helipads in the vicinity. But I also thought that it may just be a flat spot carved out in the dirt somewhere and it would blend in better than a concrete or asphalt pad

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I know of 3 people who have no internet footprint- but they F'd me over so badly that if they did- they're actually paranoid that I'd come after them. It's less my intent or abilities, and so much more the guilt that I guess gnaws at them like a piece of wood with termites.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

I knew one in junior high (no- really!). This was in Deland, FL, about 200,000 years ago.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

Nice legwork!

That link I just posted goes to an issue of their on site news letter, if we can dig through more of them, he might show up, or not. I can dig around for it later, but I'm out and about right now

Heading to it now. See what I can find

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

I know of 3 people who have no internet footprint- but they F'd me over so badly that if they did- they're actually paranoid that I'd come after them. It's less my intent or abilities, and so much more the guilt that I guess gnaws at them like a piece of wood with termites.

I don't know dude, you did get the best of a navy seal,,

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

I don't know dude, you did get the best of a navy seal,,

I was scared out of my wits, and didn't know he was one till after I'd dragged his butt to the office.

There was a mixture of awe, fright, and that look people in the Twilight Zone receive when they yank off the mask and are a martian or something when they found out. I got this *stare* from all present (and conscious). I was...kinda oblivious..

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

There's a PDF somewhere out there that has photos of the landing pads and a bunch of photos of all the insides of the buildings ect ect. I would bet another agency is involved, I'm not gonna say the name but it rhymes with in-essay. There's probably some really sensitive equipment they had to get out or check to make sure it wasn't tampered with. Possibly someone was snooping around and trigged an alarm of some sorts and that's when the men in Black showed up to make sure the lock is still on the safe. The FBI has no reason to tell the local authorities about it, probably didn't think it would get this big.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

You haven't mentioned though, did he have hard feelings after? Or was he cool about it

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 898929

I'd think you headed in the generally right direction.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fiscal
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Figured out the President of Sunspot Community thing. The group had a bit of a newsletter. Also had a bit of humor. Here’s a link to a random newsletter I found:

ftp.nso.edu...

Seems to refer to ‘President of the Sunspot Community Center’.

Could you post a link to find more of these issues of the sunspotter?

Or if anyone else could back engineer the address, I'm on a phone and limited on time, so it's giving me fits

Here is the link to the index of newsletters. Not many there and the newest seems to be September of 2004.
ftp.nso.edu...

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Great! Thanks for that, I'll dig through them over tonight and tomorrow and see if there's anything of interest

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux
a reply to: SeaWorthy

An observatory, a post office, residents nearby.

The only thing I can think of that they have in common is location, which makes it seem that the unknown danger is something with an area effect - and a limited one at that.

Sounds like either radiation or explosives to me.

Explosive information is more likely the case with the population density of that area they could have cleared almost any threat in 12 hours or less and the response doesn’t line up for anything like that no physical danger just danger to/of/from information me thinks.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
Observatories are always in remote locations. That would seem to rule out a gas leak because there probable is no gas or sewage service in the remote location.

They have there own waste water processing center and dedicated water supply it’s one of the points I had put forward much earlier in the thread.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Does anyone know who C. Gray is at the Apache Point Observatory?

I think he worked there as a night sky observer but there's nothing about him I can find on the web.

I could email him but I doubt he still works there.

He may have some key info about what led to the shutdown of NSO.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbdowned
Does anyone know who C. Gray is at the Apache Point Observatory?

I think he worked there as a night sky observer but there's nothing about him I can find on the web.

I could email him but I doubt he still works there.

He may have some key info about what led to the shutdown of NSO.

She still appears to work there according to her LinkedIn
ETA I believe it’s Candice a support astronomer at APO.
edit on 9/18/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Work your charms on her big Dave, over breakfast find out what's up with the shut down

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Work your charms on her big Dave, over breakfast find out what's up with the shut down

Who says I’m not working that angle?

That girl at the county assessors’ office sounded pretty cute lol.
edit on 9/18/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

astronomy.nmsu.edu...

Near the top of the list, she's highly interested in "The Effects of Solar Flares, Coronal Mass Ejections, and Co-Rotating Interaction Regions on the Venusian 5577 A Oxygen Green Line"

She probably knows precisely what's been going on up there.

new topics

top topics

<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join