It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 117
<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser
Well now that we have the questionable “official” stament...

IMO - this was about national security/foreign intelligence. Soft target. We’ll see if this is true if we find out about various tech upgrades/changes at other telescope facilities. Or, maybe the equipment here was a one-off. Regardless, I chalk this up to a legit intelligence threat/observed thread (via telescope) and we move on.

We’ll see if the history books prove any of us right but, regardless, you all have been nothing short of excellent on here for a group of strangers collaborating together. I’ve lurked on ATS for some time before posting and I have to say I’m glad I joined. We might all jump in the mud pit at times but when something goes down that’s a legit mystery the professionalism, openness, curiosity, etc. about the subject that binds us together pulls us out of be political mud pit - and we get to have some great conversation as a result.

Cheers.

Here, here! i sincerely miss the days before the mudpit in general (not specifically JUST that section) took over ATS. Sure there were political threads, President (insert any of them) is a baby-eating alien, etc mixed in but not to the extent there is today IMHO. Maybe it's my age and awareness but it's just so toxic, again IMO- and present on pretty much every social site I visit the last 3 years or so.

There are still ocasionally threads reminiscent of the ATS I was first excited to happen upon periodically... But this subject is the first in a LONG TIME that really engaged me and had me eager to check every few hours to catch up, speculate, and try and get to the bottom of lol

As much as I expected to have a boring yet believable remedy/conclusion to the mystery in Sunspot I too am both underwhelmed and questioning their story. Maybe it's true but only PART of the story, the rest is more along the lines of some of the theories brought up here.

i still would like to know what exactly the "data" was that was planned to be released "unaltered", because that alone makes it seem like theres a lot more to the "official" story that they have yet to release.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: 898929
a reply to: Jonjonj

The FBI recently delt with some undercover cop that worked under the sheriff (house) involved in this whole thing. I don't think it has anything to do with the observatory closing, you never know though. This happened like less than a month ago too.

That deputy didn’t pass the visual inspection he looked like a creep IMO prison quality tats on a LEO raises eyebrows.

Dave, can you give me the link for the photo?

UCs usually look the part. They have to to be effective.
edit on 9/16/2018 by Creep Thumper because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

The FBI recently delt with some undercover cop that worked under the sheriff (house) involved in this whole thing. I don't think it has anything to do with the observatory closing, you never know though. This happened like less than a month ago too.

That deputy didn’t pass the visual inspection he looked like a creep IMO prison quality tats on a LEO raises eyebrows.

Here ya go a few in here along with the specifics
d3el53au0d7w62.cloudfront.net...
www.abqjournal.com...

ETA- I’m not sure he fits your typical undercover type I doubt anyone took him serious he looks like a complete goober...

Whatev- I believe that was a blanket statement that they release any data unaltered that may have got taken out of context the footage part was odd though and IMO added a lot to things not seeming right about this.
edit on 9/16/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

www.abqjournal.com...

ETA- I’m not sure he fits your typical undercover type I doubt anyone took him serious he looks like a complete goober...

Whatev- I believe that was a blanket statement that they release any data unaltered that may have got taken out of context the footage part was odd though and IMO added a lot to things not seeming right about this.

Boy, you got that right. I'm thinking narcotics.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Not to sure right now...
I'm back to square clueless, and unless you want to learn how to be a paramedic, RN, Firefighter that is ARFF. I'm confident you mother truckers could pass the requirements with %100 and another 100 to spare.( love the idea of an open road and free thought... I should enrol ).

Honest to god I'm stumped on this right now.

Edit: hoooooo hold the phone..Here ya go a few in here along with the specifics
www.abqjournal.com... now i see the prison tats
edit on 16-9-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

www.abqjournal.com...

Boy, you got that right. I'm thinking narcotics.

Lol I didn’t think anyone would disagree with me on that one, he looks like alcohol fetal syndrome or something along those lines.

My mom is a retired PICU/NICU RN and I couldn’t do it, it killed my heart to see tiny little babies with all the tubes and lines y’all are another bread ya truckers don’t play well with others so being stuck on our own works quit nicely. It’s not a bad gig. Go back a few pages and check out the pictures from the it that rolled one of our rigs with 8k gals of fuel, not a ride I’d like to go on.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

Looks like someone straight out of central casting for a meth dealer imo. Of course, just judging a book by it's cover.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Conex box is a pet theory of mine. Seems those things can contain interesting things at times.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

So do regular reefer units. The ones we saw heading towards Tonopah would have passed for ordinary trucks, moving totally normal freight, if not for the amped up F350s running with them, and laying in wait in every little town they went through.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

At least you're forming a thought. My brain is mush now😆

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Was this near Walker lake by chance?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

So do regular reefer units. The ones we saw heading towards Tonopah would have passed for ordinary trucks, moving totally normal freight, if not for the amped up F350s running with them, and laying in wait in every little town they went through.

Aren’t the nuclear material trailers just look like regular boxes. I seem to remember some of the security systems going off inadvertently on those things I seem to remember one releasing some leaking sticky schmoo coming out of one lol.

www.thedrive.com...
Ah yes I wasn’t too far of SGT.
edit on 9/16/2018 by BigDave-AR because: Fixed linky

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Blah blah blah blah....criminal activity....blah blah FBI....blah blah.

What a load of pish? Seriously, they think we're stooooopid.

Here's a great video (contained within news source) of a chap walking around the whole site.

"Check out the X-files stuff in the bin!" hahahah ironic.

News Source

“It is dead quiet,” he said, adding that he noticed some “weird smell”. He then spots a DVD of the famous X-files saga right in a trash bin. He noted that the building looks like it was abandoned in a hurry.

Also he spoke to a security guard!

He also managed to talk to a security guard who said that “nobody’s talks and nobody’s saying anything” about the closure.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
What is an supersonic missile test at White Sands for 1000, Alex?
edit on 9/16/2018 by fomalhaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: fomalhaut

What's an ultrasonic missile? If you mean hypersonic, they're not tested at WSMR, they're treated over the Pacific.
edit on 9/16/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Oh yeah, a refer makes perfect sense, Already air conditioned. Freakin brilliant really.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Pity he never described the smell. Or checked the whole place out. As far as a tour guide, I found him a bit lacking, 3 stars at best.
He did it though, so I'll give him a star for that, it was more than I was able to

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
A question for you zaphod,

How many times a day do you facepalm?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
A launch like this???
China rocket launch..
Amazing satellite footage of Chinese rocket launch
m.youtube.com...
Uploaded Sept 7th 2018... unrelated

#BigburghIScluelessstill

edit on 16-9-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Some days, often enough that my hand is sore.

top topics

<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join