It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 116
<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Jonjonj

The official story is that the FBI was investigating criminal activity in the area, and in an overabundance of caution they evacuated the area to let them do their investigation.

Thanks.

So is criminal activity common in that area? More to the point is the area such that FBI involvement is necessary? I imagine it would be but...

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ToasterBorst

Oh it's mundane, it's just a different mundane. Whoever came up with that hasn't had enough coffee yet.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
With hurricane Florence flooding the major highways they are going to have to route all the trucks carrying Georgia carrots completely around North Carolina. My ears are cold.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

lol. Well glad to hear we seem to be on the same page as to that explanation then.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

a reply to: BigDave-AR

I'm largely indifferent to them. I like the tandems, but we ran almost 600,000 miles on singles with one of the trucks we drove without any real problems with them. If given the choice I'm sticking with tandems but that's more being used to them than anything.

I’m a tandem guy IMO the singles hydroplane way too easy for my liking, you O/O? Ive also had more problems with the singles but I’m still a relative newby so my opinion may change over time.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

I'm so glad I don't go farther east that Dallas anymore.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Lease operator. We get screwed on taxes but love the flexibility it gives us.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Lease operator. We get screwed on taxes but love the flexibility it gives us.

Ah alright what you running? Me and my brother are going to lease a rig before long and hot seat it. Been nice chatting with ya boss.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Cauliflower

I'm so glad I don't go farther east that Dallas anymore.

I don’t like crossing the Mississippi if I can help it, I get an anxiety attack thinking about driving on the east coast.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The last five or six months we've been on the XPO account between Dallas and California. Nice regular run, only about 1200 miles each way.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ToasterBorst

I think a 10 year old could face done better.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

The last five or six months we've been on the XPO account between Dallas and California. Nice regular run, only about 1200 miles each way.

Yeah not bad wasn’t driving a truck but I’ve done starting off in traffic in the San Fernando Valley and drive all the way though to Amarillo, I was young and a gluten for punishment.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThaDudeAbidez
Sunspot Opens Tomorrow, it's official.

aura-astronomy.org...

I notice they don't even say FBI

AURA has been cooperating with an on-going law enforcement investigation of criminal activity that occurred at Sacramento Peak.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

The FBI recently delt with some undercover cop that worked under the sheriff (house) involved in this whole thing. I don't think it has anything to do with the observatory closing, you never know though. This happened like less than a month ago too.
edit on 16-9-2018 by 898929 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 898929

The FBI recently delt with some undercover cop that worked under the sheriff (house) involved in this whole thing. I don't think it has anything to do with the observatory closing, you never know though. This happened like less than a month ago too.

That deputy didn’t pass the visual inspection he looked like a creep IMO prison quality tats on a LEO raises eyebrows.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Haha he looks like a total scumbag. He had a bunch of people testifying against him, but I think he got off?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: 898929
a reply to: SeaWorthy

You should look into the sheriff's background. He has lied before.

yeah I saw that in this thread can't remember who brought it up though.

I’m not positive it was me but this was something I dug in to. He’s questionable at best. Spend 10 minutes on google and you’ll get it.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Well now that we have the questionable “official” stament...

IMO - this was about national security/foreign intelligence. Soft target. We’ll see if this is true if we find out about various tech upgrades/changes at other telescope facilities. Or, maybe the equipment here was a one-off. Regardless, I chalk this up to a legit intelligence threat/observed thread (via telescope) and we move on.

We’ll see if the history books prove any of us right but, regardless, you all have been nothing short of excellent on here for a group of strangers collaborating together. I’ve lurked on ATS for some time before posting and I have to say I’m glad I joined. We might all jump in the mud pit at times but when something goes down that’s a legit mystery the professionalism, openness, curiosity, etc. about the subject that binds us together pulls us out of be political mud pit - and we get to have some great conversation as a result.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Carrots, Conex box.... I'm back to being even more confused.

Radar hits...
Is there a real answer?😶

Edit: if it sees the light of day. I'll probably laugh at how mundane it really was. Kinda like not getting the most obvious answer in Wheel of Fortune, but not...🙄
And I'm absolutely clueless as to what's going on here. Honestly. 😊
edit on 16-9-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Carrots, Conex box.... I'm back to being even more confused.

Radar hits...
Is there a real answer?😶

Edit: if it sees the light of day. I'll probably laugh at how mundane it really was. Kinda like not getting the most obvious answer in Wheel of Fortune, but not...🙄
And I'm absolutely clueless as to what's going on here. Honestly. 😊

Don’t let the trucker talk scare ya off (unless we start talking about lot lizards, then run
) I’m sure you could make us feel pretty dumb in your field of expertise.

new topics

top topics

<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join