It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 113
<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If the FBI is involved, it’s a law enforcement issue. I’m throwing in with the hacker/spying theories.

Also, there was an episode of What on Earth a while back speculating about a Russian listening station (that eventually appeared on spy sat maps) that was extremely close to an American observatory site in Central or South America somewhere, maybe Cuba, can’t recall exactly. Additionally, the alleged microwave tech thought to have been used against American diplomats in Cuba and China is ^supposedly* being pursued on a larger scale via antenna or satellite. It’s around here somewhere, in some thread.

Just spit-balling on a CT site. Don’t nuke me bro.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
15 minutes ago our camping maintenance man posted:

REAL, bed, REAL bath!!!! I saw myself on the news and thought I looked like a hobo..

Allowed to move back in? Or accept that a hotel?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Probably back home there’s been talk of opening Monday.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Sunspot Opens Tomorrow, it's official.

aura-astronomy.org...

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ThaDudeAbidez

Welp there's the answer. Time to go home folks

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Yep....see ya's
edit on 16-9-2018 by KeithCooper because: (no reason given)
....however, note for future reference....if ya wanna keep an ongoing security operation low key.....make something stupid up FROM THE GET GO so as to not ALERT THE ENTIRE KNOWN WORLD to look your way....just saying. See how easily we swallowed THIS.......
edit on 16-9-2018 by KeithCooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I noticed something kinda.. interesting the past couple days on ATS.

Suddenly, people (ok, a couple) have jumped out of the woodwork about 'not being able to go into space, it's a scientific fact', and related. We also seemed to get a couple 'secret agent man' types coming in here with 'I have a secret' junk. The one I am thinking about, I called them out on it, and they went 'poof'.

Is it just the nature of the beast, or is this disinfo agents trying to dip their toes in, and see what they're going to be capable of?

I'm gonna go readjust my tinfoil hat, and add a tinfoil suit. I feel crummy from this stupid weather.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
I noticed something kinda.. interesting the past couple days on ATS.

Suddenly, people (ok, a couple) have jumped out of the woodwork about 'not being able to go into space, it's a scientific fact', and related. We also seemed to get a couple 'secret agent man' types coming in here with 'I have a secret' junk. The one I am thinking about, I called them out on it, and they went 'poof'.

Is it just the nature of the beast, or is this disinfo agents trying to dip their toes in, and see what they're going to be capable of?

I'm gonna go readjust my tinfoil hat, and add a tinfoil suit. I feel crummy from this stupid weather.

I'd call it a power trip.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SheilaD

Pretty amazing carreer
Mark Klaene
APO Operations Manager/Firefighter
Experience

New Mexico State University
Director, Research Division
New Mexico State University
June 2007 – Present 11 years 4 months
Apache Point Observatory
Operated by NMSU

High Rolls Vol Fire Dept
Chief
High Rolls Vol Fire Dept
August 1989 – June 2012 22 years 11 months
Otero County NM

New Mexico State Police
SAR Coordinator
New Mexico State Police
August 1990 – June 2005 14 years 11 months

McDonnell Aircraft Co
Flight Test Engineer
McDonnell Aircraft Co
July 1978 – December 1991 13 years 6 months
St Louis Mo

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
No mention if the mysterious villain who was threatening the safety of our mountaintop community and it's inhabitants was caught.

You'd think they would be elated that an arrest was made.

Instead, the threat just ceased to be....and all's good.

Sounds cover storyey.
edit on 9 16 2018 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

You should look into the sheriff's background. He has lied before.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: digitalf

However what occured was a strong G3 magnetic storm with a kP of 7 so in essence the predictions were incorrect

It did seem unusual. The K index was really high with a hole stream not a CME I had never seen that. I don't know much about it but I do look at the solar weather.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Opening tomorrow. Also, the threat they could have told us of a week ago:

"AURA has been cooperating with an on-going law enforcement investigation of criminal activity that occurred at Sacramento Peak. During this time, we became concerned that a suspect in the investigation potentially posed a threat to the safety of local staff and residents. For this reason, AURA temporarily vacated the facility and ceased science activities at this location.

The decision to vacate was based on the logistical challenges associated with protecting personnel at such a remote location, and the need for expeditious response to the potential threat. AURA determined that moving the small number of on-site staff and residents off the mountain was the most prudent and effective action to ensure their safety.

In light of recent developments in the investigation, we have determined there is no risk to staff, and Sunspot Solar Observatory is transitioning back to regular operations as of September 17th. Given the significant amount of publicity the temporary closure has generated, and the consequent expectation of an unusual number of visitors to the site, we are temporarily engaging a security service while the facility returns to a normal working environment. "

aura-astronomy.org...

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

It makes no sense. They could have easily told the public that information in the beginning.
It seems like a cover up.

Also, we are never going to know what kind of criminal activity it was. Was China doing something with the tech?

edit on 9/16/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 898929
a reply to: SeaWorthy

You should look into the sheriff's background. He has lied before.

yeah I saw that in this thread can't remember who brought it up though.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

It makes no sense. They could have easily told the public that information in the beginning.
It seems like a cover up.

We expected this though.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

It's almost like they needed everyone out of the area to move something.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Is there anything going on with the observatory change of ownership wise?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Agreed. Hopefully one day we will know more but probably not anytime soon.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Either owners or tenant. I'm betting something with the owners though.

top topics

<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join