It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 114
<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Whatever it was I think we can all agree they screwed the pooch big time on how this was handled made a lot more wake than necessary me thinks next time they should have their story straight in advance...
Like watching a monkey trying to hump a football.....

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: Zaphod58

Is there anything going on with the observatory change of ownership wise?

I do believe the government was pulling out transferring ownership to Aura transferring control of the 20k acre chunk of beautiful country.

ETA- Ick the new chrome on iOS is awful bad!

edit on 9/16/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

They're still trying to catch up to the effect social media has on operations. Ten years ago this is barely a blip on the radar. They've been caught off guard a few times over the last couple years.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ThaDudeAbidez

Not buying it. They've provided no new information whatsoever. Also, if there was an ongoing criminal investigation, why did the sheriff have no idea what was happening? Why no mention of the agencies involved? If AURA made the decision to evacuate the observatory, who vacated the residents? Why are AURA stating that they determined there was no risk, surely it should be the authorities that determine risk factor in a criminal investigation? Why no arrest if the risk is no more?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
So wait... That's it... Its.. Its over?

Even though I've been trying to rule out some of the more wild theories amd downplay the event expexting a nothinburger, I'm still kinda let down/not satisfied with their response...

What happened to them releasing the "full unaltered footage"... I mean "data"... That had to of referred to something other than this? Unless their is footage/data of the suspect... And was this suspect arrested? Or cleared of charges? In custody? What were they doing that made them a threat?

Geeze...

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They're still trying to catch up to the effect social media has on operations. Ten years ago this is barely a blip on the radar. They've been caught off guard a few times over the last couple years.

Indeed it just takes the barest whiff of anything off to get us all up in arms trying to figure out what’s going on this went pretty nuts I was surpirsed the amount of MSM attention this got. I’m proud to say we had a great run at it in here we had by the far one of the best conversations onthe topic here without too much insanity, we put on a good show.

We done good boys maybe next time it will be something cool.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

a reply to: BlueAjah

It's almost like they needed everyone out of the area to move something.

Conex box?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

That shall remain undisclosed unfortunately.

Like I said, mundane.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

a reply to: BlueAjah

It's almost like they needed everyone out of the area to move something.

Conex box?

....full of rubber dog doo from Hong Kong?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Mundane perhaps, but it's made for an interesting week

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I opened a conex box once that was packed up in hungry. Had a dead cat inside, needless to say it didn't survive the trip, and was in dire need of deoderant

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
"I’m proud to say we had a great run at it in here we had by the far one of the best conversations onthe topic here without too much insanity, we put on a good show.

We done good boys maybe next time it will be something cool."

I agree with you Dave it was nice to see us all wprk together even though we were all just running in a big circle lol it's a nice change from the partisan rhetoric that has consumed ATS, and the world/country, as of late. This is how must threads were when I first found and later joined after lurking a few years. No divisiveness- well not like a lot of it is now at least.

Maybe something else will come out giving us a little more info- though I wont get my hopes up after that extremely underwhelming "conclusion"

Now to go back to my lurking-hole until another mystery comes up where I can preach about veing logical haha

Edit i messed up the formatting but y'all get the jist
edit on 383059005pm30America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Yeah it was.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

I opened a conex box once that was packed up in hungry. Had a dead cat inside, needless to say it didn't survive the trip, and was in dire need of deoderant

Rofl not the “Eastern European Pu#^%” you were hoping for eh?!?!🤣🤣🤣

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

We've got the Edward Snowden "revelations" being publicized now, so secret programs like "five eyes" are making it into the spotlight. Pretty serious problem when even old 80's bands like the Gap have to change there song lyrics so mercury records doesn't get sued....

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Most fun I've had to deal with was bulk carrots out of Texas. You pull up, and they bring out a conveyor that shoots loose carrots and ice into the trailer. You get to the other end and they tell you to drop the trailer on a platform that raises it up to a 45 degree angle and lets it all just fall out into the building. GodWful mess in the trailer after.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

How you clean that after delivery. Hose it out. They expect you to do it?
edit on 16-9-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Trailer washout location, and pay a bunch extra.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Most fun I've had to deal with was bulk carrots out of Texas. You pull up, and they bring out a conveyor that shoots loose carrots and ice into the trailer. You get to the other end and they tell you to drop the trailer on a platform that raises it up to a 45 degree angle and lets it all just fall out into the building. GodWful mess in the trailer after.

Yeah that’s why I avoid hauling food stuffs or live animals, give me flammable liquids any day.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: itswhatev

expexting a nothinburger,

You want that with a side o f-lies on the side?
edit on 16-9-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join