It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Officer Kills Man After Walking Into Wrong Apartment: Police

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Heh, not me!

I don't have any neighbors! Not for a couple miles anyway.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Double

edit on 9/11/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Neighbors aren't real close out here either but there will still be some nut down the road. At least they are not as near.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

You make good points but there have been cases where premeditation does not include specific thought of certain persons. Hate crimes due to prejudices can also indicate premeditation.

You theory has a few holes.

Take the video making the rounds today where an officer is being shot during a routine traffic stop. The perp possibly had no premeditated thought to killing that specific officer yet he likely premeditated the crime by simply driving a vehicle while unlawfully armed.

Simply making the decision at some point to kill someone if the event ever comes up can be premeditation.

By wearing a gun while off duty that can be considered premeditation.

As far as shooting someone cause a taser makes them flinch that is kinda lame. It is like making someone stick their hand in a fire then punishing them cause they flinched. It really comes down to the actions that took place before the tazer.

Anywho i trust the professionals will get to the bottom of this and my opinions are beside the point in many ways. I know that.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I agree, my first thought was no way this goes to trial after reading the initial reports on who the victim was, but who knows I have also never tried to get into someone else's apartment or house despite some fairly epic drinking binges. (many years ago)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

We moved into our new home, got up on the third morning only to find 4 suitcases in our front hall.

Rather puzzling really as they were not ours, thought i may have got lucky and my Mrs had taken the hint. LoL

Turned out my Mrs had not locked the door when she went out, someone else had moved into a house 3 along, with a very similar PVC door. And they had mistakenly deposited there baggage in my gaff.

Had a really good laugh about it with the new neighbour, and obviously nobody got shot.

Moral of that story, lock your door or better yet get a Yale lock.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

But family members of the man, Botham Jean, 26, disputed the officer's account of the fatal shooting that has led to a protest and become a rallying cry against police brutality.

Dallas civil rights lawyer Lee Merritt, who represents Jean's family, said the officer's claim that she had mistakenly entered the wrong apartment after coming home from a shift is inconsistent with evidence.

“There are witnesses who said that before the gunshots, they heard the officer knocking at the door and repeatedly saying, ‘Let me in,’ ” Merritt told The Washington Post.

www.washingtonpost.com... 4d7748a8d9

This does sound like something other than coming home and thinking a criminal has entered your house.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel>>>>Now I'm hearing that he may have opened the door and then she shot him. I wonder, if he had been armed what would have happened? She'd still be in big trouble but could have claimed self defense and gotten of more lightly. Not many people would shoot a cop even in their own home. And had he shot her, not knowing who it was trying to get in his home, would he be in trouble? She might want to go for a defense that has worked well for high profile politicos and entertainers. If she was on any kind of ambien or sleep aid she can claim she blacked out and wasn't in control. That's if she was taking it.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

If she was so certain she was in her own apartment, why did she need to get up and go check what apt. she was in when on the phone with 911?
edit on 12-9-2018 by MightyDillHole because: Misspell

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Damn right it's something else.
-Red rug in front of door...she didn't notice?

-Well lit numbers on doors.

-Multiple locked security doors, all clearly marked.

-Apt. doors that close and automatically lock.

-Witness testimony that states they heard her pounding on the door and yelling to be let in.

-She reportedly made noise complaints against the victim...including one earlier that day.

-Had to go outside of apt. to check the number to tell 911 dispatch where she was (what, forgot what her apt. # was?)

This whole thing is a crock.
She went up there to intimidate this guy to make him be quiet...hence why she was there in her uniform with her gun.
It didn't work, so she brandished her weapon to further her point when he opened the door to tell her to get bent.
Gun goes off and he says "Omg, wtf did you do that for?"
She panics and calls 911 with her hastily and highly flawed bullshize narrative.
Union rep immediately tries to smear victim as non compliant aggressor..."She gave several verbal commands, and he didn't comply...".
And thus the sweeping under the rug begins...
Another unaccountable "hero".

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

"She gave several verbal commands, and he didn't comply...".

Yeah. Comply? I'm in my house and you committed B&E. Why do I need to listen to you? Of course it also means the person might be shot illegally.

I don't think this one can be written off.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Doesn't mean they won't try...
In fact there are defense attorneys already saying that no crime was comitted and that they could get her off easily.
There's a certain LEO on here already proclaiming it won't even see a court room...
Know why?
Because we've let police unions lobby themselves into a protected class of citizens that are virtually exempt from the law...
Hell they even have their own "Bill of Rights" that elevates them above the little people.
Ridiculous.
If you or I did what this psychpath did, you certainly wouldn't be getting the pity party this numpty is.
The only thing holding this up as over-and-done-with is the victim being unimpeachable incharacter...but they are trying like hell to portray it as his fault...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MightyDillHole

Who and where is the police union smearing the victim?

Sgt. Mike Mata, president of Dallas' largest police union, the Dallas Police Association, called Saturday for an "open, transparent and full investigation of the event," the Dallas Morning News reported. He described Jean as an "amazing individual" and said that "if the grand jury deems necessary, this officer should have to answer for her actions in a court of law in Dallas County."

That strikes me as a pretty terrible smear job.

You seem to be confusing the recitation of events in the affidavit (which is normal, and done to establish probable cause for arrest) as somehow being an attempt to portray things as the victim’s fault. If the Rangers think Guyger’s story adds up to a manslaughter charge, they’re going to put her statement in the affidavit.

As for defense attorneys saying no crime was committed and they could get her off: that’s sort of what defense attorneys do.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Dallas police officer Amber Guyger said she thought there was a burglar inside her apartment. The room was unlit, the front door was ajar, and she saw a “large silhouette” inside, according to court documents. The officer drew her service weapon at the supposed burglar, shouted commands she said were ignored, and pulled the trigger, killing her neighbor — the man who actually lived there.

The story has changed much since the rangers took over the investigation. It is now said that the door was already opened and she shot at a silhouette.

The original story said he opened the door for her and she had been trying to get in and even had put groceries on the ground.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yeah?
Saying she gave him verbal commands that he ignored is putting it into the publics mind that had this man just did as he was told, the brave officer wouldn't have had to shoot him.
That's a smear job in the making to most reasonable people.
Latest has it these swine are now executing a search warrant on his apartment with looking for, among other things, narcotics...
Tell us again how they aren't trying to find anything to help clear this officer....

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

I believe the second version is what she told the police for the report.

I doesn't seem to match what was heard by neighbors though.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

And it will keep on changing til they find a story that will stick and get her off.
It's already been proven that the doors close and lock automatically.
Just like every cop on here will "play devils advocate" in coming up with every scenario in the book to make their "sister" look reasonable.
She's a liar.
Just like that punk Noor.
And both of them will get off because the defense will load the jury with idiots that think the cops would never be self serving liars, and the prosecution will do the best they can do to throw the cases because they are on the same side.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

If the Rangers think anything about this liars story adds up, they are either completely useless or just as big of liar as she is.
I'm going to go with the second option.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Evidently you don’t know what an arrest affidavit is or what it’s used for.

Clearly the only thing the Rangers think her story “adds up” to is manslaughter. Which is why they used her story as evidence to support a warrant for a manslaughter charge.

Don’t confuse your lack of understanding for conspiracy or ineptitude on behalf of others.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Arrest affidavits are public record. Putting her story in the affidavit because the investigator believes her story provides probable cause for a manslaughter charge isn’t a smear job.

Searching the scene of a shooting is sort of a standard investigation aspect. Surprise! Guyger’s lawyers try to claim that Jean was acting erratic and possibly under the influence and here come the Rangers saying “well we found no narcotics, prescription or otherwise, and two bottles of unopened alcohol but nothing else.” That sort of makes it hard to claim the victim might have been under the influence, wouldn’t you think?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join