It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Officer Kills Man After Walking Into Wrong Apartment: Police

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Surely the rangers did not go in and just take her statement and leave it at that since she admitted to the shooting.

It has been said the doors use key cards and that info would clear much up.

Maybe they will release their findings soon.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

As hundreds gathered Thursday to pay tribute to the beloved man from St. Lucia, a search warrant for his apartment was made public. The document states that officers found several items in the apartment, including two fired cartridge casings, a metal marijuana grinder and 10.4 grams of marijuana.

Dallas police officer realized she was in the wrong apartment when she turned on the lights

The search warrant indicates that officers went inside the apartment looking for drugs the night of Jean's death, his mother, Allison Jean, said during a news conference Friday with her attorneys. She accused authorities of defaming her son.

"The Dallas Police Department investigators were interested specifically in finding information that could help assassinate his character," attorney Lee Merritt told reporters.

"Twenty-six years on this earth he lived his life without a blemish. It took being murdered by a Dallas police officer for Botham Jean to suddenly become a criminal."

Link

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The lawyer representing the family is Mr. Crumb. The same guy who invokes race in every other case he represents (Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown). The race card was the first thing he played in his media release.

Considering the apartment was dark and all she saw was a shadow I am curious how Crumb knows the cop was racist and how the cop knew it was a black man in the apartment.

Questions the investigation will ask and answer.
edit on 15-9-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It does seem that some are trying to color it so. I am not the least surprised.

I suspect anyone in his place would have been shot unless it can be proved she targeted him.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I don't care if the cop was racist or not, what I'm struggling with is the whole "shoot first and ask questions later" concept!

This screams of improper training, and improper mentality.

So what's the precedent here???...it's okay for an LEO to show up at your door, regardless of where it is, and gun you down in your own house if you don't comply with their demands to "PUT YOUR HANDS UP, DON'T MOVE, GET ON THE GROUND!! LIE FACE FIRST ON THE GROUND, DON'T MOVE, TURN AWAY FROM ME, DON'T MOVE, GET ON YOUR KNEES, DON'T MOVE, PUT YOUR ARMS OUT TO YOUR SIDES, DON'T MOVE, ...IF YOU MOVE AGAIN I'M GOING TO SHOOT YOU, GET ON THE GROUND, DON'T MOVE, GET ON YOUR KNEES....DON'T YOU DARE MOVE!!"

(BANG, BANG, BANG...B-B-B-B-B-BANG, BANG, BANG BANG, BANG, BANG...click)

"Uhhhhh, he failed to comply so I shot him because I felt my life was in danger."
edit on 9/15/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You and me both. She could have easily stepped away from the door and not been in a threatened situation. At that point assess what is happening.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I suspect that her story is going to evolve again and will include some sort of threatening gesture/gestures on his part and/or her thinking he had a weapon of some sort.

Then it would be up to the evidence to disprove her defense, and that's gonna be a pretty tough ask.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lightdhype

I like this idea. It sounds bad to a society of snowflakes who can't even handle video games, but the family shooting that lady dead would be even stevens. That would be about square.

edit on 16-9-2018 by Andres1917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I never hear of psychopaths being regularly hired by any other industry.

This cop, er, insane dumb person has alot of defects.

How do these people even become cops?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

As hundreds gathered Thursday to pay tribute to the beloved man from St. Lucia, a search warrant for his apartment was made public. The document states that officers found several items in the apartment, including two fired cartridge casings, a metal marijuana grinder and 10.4 grams of marijuana.

I'm left wondering how 10.4 grams of marijuana is relevant in any god damn way.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

It won't be to a reasonable minded person. Pretty doggone minor compared to shooting someone in their house.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

It isn't, other than the officers conducting the search are required to inventory everything they take during the search.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

To me, it's a passive/aggressive smear on the victim..if the police had any class they might of said.."nothing of significance was found, other than the 2 shell casings"

This is why I generally have a distrust, bordering on dislike of the police on the whole. Individual officers I might have more respect for.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Did they inventory list everything in the appt? I.m asking with all due respect..I do respect you.
edit on 16-9-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Only in america do we investigate the victim and leave the self admitted guilty party's apartment untouched.

That part makes no sense.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Well, I'm going to say..it makes some sense to search a crime scene..on a basic level, maybe pictures of the scene..etc
Digging through his stuff..no f'ing way!!

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Nah. The only things that have to be inventoried are items taken during the search.

ETA - in re your other comment: search warrants are public record in Texas, so it doesn't matter if the PD says anything or nothing. Only way they could have kept it out of public record was to try and get it sealed, which would have opened up a whole other can of worms.
edit on 16-9-2018 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The shooter could have dumped the pot. Wonder if it was fingerprinted or if it will be used in trial for whatever reason.
edit on 9/16/2018 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Ok, I understand.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I guess the take away for me is that red door mats and pot does not mix well.

As far as the search warrant goes they did not need it for the crime scene investigation but to collect character damming items they likely seen that were not related to the crime.

Others will know more about it but it sure seems that way to myself.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join