It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If God only made a twelve children to experience reality.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla

You are perhaps right. But I am not sure of our nature.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

because the fear

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

No not fear, curiosity. Interested as to our true nature. So search for truth.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

curiosity kills the cat though.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I will cease being curious after my eighth life expires.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: Itisnowagain

But are you a nonduality participant in the movie of duality? When I wrote about selfishness in another thread you tried to bite me with the words "So have you given away all that you own". If we really understood nonduality, wouldn't we practice altruism.

Non duality has no participants........no parts. Non duality is ONE without a second......it is this that is.
If there is no one separate to the one life....then there is just life as it is ..simply happening as it is.
It can be recognised /realised that there is no one that owns anything...because there isn't anything......there is just what is appearing to happen now, now, now, now, now, now........
What is appearing to happen is not happening to someone (that would make two).
There is no me participating in the movie....there is just a movie showing up.

It appears that no belief Is really necessary in attaining a kind heart. So its not about beliefs. Its about our intentions in life. If everything we do is self centred (ego) then we are not on a spiritual path. We are just fooling ourselves.

Does what is actually happening need believing? Or is it that 'someone that is separate to what is' that needs believing in?

If it was found that there is only what is happening then you would not be worrying about your past self or your future self...you would be simply seeing and hearing what is here to see and hear......the heart would be kinder if you were not concerned with an image of your self in time.....the stories would vanish and the true one life that is ever present would be all there is.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I love that talk.
Joan spent many years with Toni Packer....here is Joan Tollifson interviewing Toni Packer.

Toni Packer took most of her students with her when she was excommunicated and exiled from the Rochester Zen Center, immediately founding her own "non-religion" of "meditative inquiry" (which is, simply, paying full and undivided attention to the present moment).en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The mind imagines that "you" can step back and take a look, as if subject and object are two separate things. Is it true?

The mind divides and reifies, creating (in imagination) "the seer," "the seeing," and "the seen" -- three apparently separate things. The actuality is undivided, no-thing at all. In this ubiquitous (and thus unseen) labeling activity, thoughts and images get overlaid on top of actual experiencing, and we learn to trust words and images, not actuality.

Words weave stories. They create mental movies that seem entirely believable and real. In this movie-world of thoughts and stories, it appears that "I" am inside this skin, and everything else is "out there." It appears that "I" am incomplete, forever in need of improvement or modification. "I" seek happiness and enlightenment in the future, chase after bigger and better experiences, compare "myself" to "others," and idolize those imagined to possess something special that "I" lack.

But is there actually a central agent at the helm doing all of this? Or do "your" thoughts and actions appear out of nowhere, just as the brain, the breath, the wind, the clouds, the trees, and the galaxies appear out of nowhere? How solid is "the skin" that seems to divide self from not-self?

Investigate this directly. Return attention to actuality. See for yourself. Can you actually find the doer, the thinker, the experiencer, the operator, the director, the one who is supposedly in charge here, or the one who appears to be trapped, the one who supposedly needs to awaken? You can find a mental image maybe, but is there anything of substance there? And for that matter, can you actually find some nebulous thing called "awareness" or "consciousness" or "the witness"? Or is there actually no-thing at all? Not some dead void. But this. Everything, just as it is. www.advaita.org.uk...

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It would be like the twelve signs of any zodiac based of four elements being the answer to everything. Jesus looking for a sign of character that is stillness an movement is no different the interpretation of yin an yang constant tug of war, but as usual, Jesus can be very vague an cryptic especially if he only spoke in parables.

The static or the Dynamic the answer?

Hercules had to do 12 loafty labours in order to be forgiven for murdering his family while being manipulated by Hera. All the while dies, but to be resurrected and to be on Olympus to be with the father.

I could say that the four gospels are parallel to the four elements and how they behave an react with each other. Or are the four gospel writers of the four majestic animals, the horsemen, or beasts just because of four.

Trinity...which one...the Greeks, Hindus, or Jews?

7 chakras and the Justice League? sorry just going to be rambling.

edit on 9-9-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I Wasnt Able To Understand How You Connected Twelve Apostles, To The Twelve Tribes of Israel, to 620 million souls,
Im Sorry, I Lost Comprehension Trying To Connect The Dots.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join