It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Releases Classified Documents

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So it looks like Senator Booker didn't like the idea of "classified" documents being withheld (especially since it wasn't a matter of national security) and broke some rules to make them public.

Just today, roughly 12 pages of emails relating to Kavanaugh and Racial Profiling were released.

What do you think? Ok to break the rules in this situation? Does this change everyone's views on the Supreme Court Nominee? What will be the ramifications of this?

thehill.com...

To me, it seems that the Democrats that keep screaming "racism" don't really understand what that word means...... Everything released seems to point towards K not being influenced by Race, and equally so, not giving any preference to anyone or any group based on their race or ethnicity.

To tell the truth, it looks like they may have boosted support for his Confirmation.
edit on 6-9-2018 by dothedew because: Adding a little more of my opinion

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
So it looks like Senator Booker didn't like the idea of "classified" documents being withheld (especially since it wasn't a matter of national security) and broke some rules to make them public.

Just today, roughly 12 pages of emails relating to Kavanaugh and Racial Profiling were released.

What do you think? Ok to break the rules in this situation? Does this change everyone's views on the Supreme Court Nominee? What will be the ramifications of this?

thehill.com...

No, its not okay to break the rules of the Senate. He essentially released emails showing that Kavanaugh did not want racial profiling following 9/11, which is a good thing.. So i don't know what's up with the theatrics of Booker. But I will say this, he definitely deserves the Oscar for grandstanding.
edit on 6-9-2018 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew

thehill.com...

WTG Democratic Senators. Setting the Precedents.

First Reid, now Booker.

As I said when Reid did it...... Be Careful what you wish for.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Senator Diane Feinstein performed a similar stunt last year. Hillary has taught them well.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

As I'm seeing it, this is an attempt at race baiting. I don't see how there is any racial profiling or systemic discrimination that Kavanaugh is supporting or encouraging. He even calls himself "race-neutral".

Booker deserves to be expelled from the Senate for this stunt. I'm not saying that the email deserves the classification that it has, but it's not my place to give it any classification at all. And it sure as hell isn't Senator Booker's place to go against that classification and leak it to the press/public.

This is a publicity stunt. Just like the rest of this sh** show. The Democrats are not just showing their a$$'s to the world, but they're taking us down with them. An absolute lack of professionalism is on full display. Booker can never be trusted with a classified document again.

Ohh, and they keep talking about the documents not being released on time. Well, I'm pretty sure the ACA was provided just a few hours before it was voted on (even though many republicans voted for it without reading it after complaining about it not being available to them in advance).

I am so sick of these juveniles running our country.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I’ve seen that the “classified” documents were ok’d for release this morning... (yes, no?)

So, until it’s shown otherwise, I’m chalking this up to being theater...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Booker was to late, they had already been released.

.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/06/confidential-kavanaugh-emails-posted-by-cory-booker-were-cleared-despite-dramatic-claim-defying-rules.html

And they talk about Trumps IQ
edit on 6-9-2018 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
As I read it, Booker is competing against Kamala Harris, trying to show he's more badass than she is.

As far as the e-mails themselves, they don't seem to be very noteworthy. Some of them suggest that Kavanaugh may be skeptical toward affirmative action, which I'm guessing is what got Booker hot & bothered.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Whelp, he is done and will be ousted. He probably was willing to do so.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I dont much think about it. I just feeling like using foul language.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

So he released documents that proved that Kavanaugh isn't racist.

Classified documents that just got unclassified anyways.

Documents that show Kavanaugh thought some laws we have are racist.

The laws are.

Booker, as the article points out from another Senator's comments, is just introducing talking points that he will later use in his Presidential run.

Another day, another scumbag Democrat who just made Kavanaugh look better.

Funny part is he still thought they were classified, according to him. He should be booted out of the hearing, at the very least.

And a security clearance revocation, of course. Since he just outed himself (poorly) as a leaker.

edit on 6-9-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Here's what happened with Booker:

1. They had a plan to "leak" the classified docs in Question (Schumer plan) (possibly altered).

2. Chair Grassley found out.

3. Republicans decide to un-Classify the docs.

4. "Lump in Throat" PlanB initiated by Booker.

5. Standard "Choke knee-jerk" tactic.

6. Busted plan jealousy.

💥😎💥

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Booker was to late, they had already been released.

.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/06/confidential-kavanaugh-emails-posted-by-cory-booker-were-cleared-despite-dramatic-claim-defying-rules.html

And they talk about Trumps IQ

Turns out they'd cleared the e-mails for release last night. I'm sure Booker knew this, and was just pretending like he was being a daring rule breaker. Idiot.

PLOT TWIST: ‘Confidential’ Kavanaugh Emails Released by Cory Booker Were Cleared Before Dramatic Claims of “Spartacus” Moment

“All of this drama this morning apparently was for nothing and it’s unfortunate,” Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, told reporters after a chaotic start to the third day of Kavanaugh’s hearing...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damla
I dont much think about it. I just feeling like using foul language.

So you feel like talking to birds in their own tounge?

Profiling is a natural function of the brain.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Oh great, lets hope they rig the DNC and make these two
the ticket boy that would be a win win for Trump 2020.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Well since the democrats seem to have such a problem with Kavanaugh, then he has to be the right man for the job.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

Just imagine what they'll be like if Ruth Bader Ginsburg keels over.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
12 out of thousands.

Would bullsnip by any other name smell as sweet?

Political hit job.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I was just thinking about that, It will be total anarchy.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
double
edit on 6-9-2018 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join