It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Releases Classified Documents

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: dothedew

So he released documents that proved that Kavanaugh isn't racist.

Democrats: Take that Kavanaugh, you non-racist!

Republicans: ummm, ok.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
a reply to: Chance321

Just imagine what they'll be like if Ruth Bader Ginsburg keels over.

I honestly believe theyll try to "weekend at Bernies" her until next Presidential election...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Actually it was all theatrics. The documents were cleared for release and he knew it. It's why he kept repeating he knew he was breaking the rules, the whole point of this was to make him a hero for a 2020 bid.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

thanks. wish i had faculties to calculate that.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I thought it was more than a year ago and it was concerning torture? But I remember what you're saying. Apparently there is a Senate procedure rule that protects them on the floor. But I'm not sure if it applies this time .

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

They specifically have said Booker knew.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
No he didn't he fell on a foam sword, and cried Havoc! Complete Fake and he's an Empty Suit.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

All Supreme Court nominees should go through extreme vetting. After all, they serve for life! They also serve as the final Judge on Congressional Laws and our Constitution! They have an extremely important position. Any business owner would want to have a through review of a job candidate that would have such an enormous amount of responsibility. The only reason this is being rushed and everyone knows why, is because the republicans currently have the majority in the house.

This should be a bipartisan review. Since this candidates judgments should be non-partisan and will effect both liberal and conservative views. I actually think the supreme court should be comprised 50/50 Republican/Liberal. Lets be honest, a judges political beliefs will affect his or her rulings. They're only human. Maybe the only way to have non-partisan decisions is to have a super computer which will weigh opposing arguments and than spit out the decision! Would save the government a hell of a lot of money and eliminate political influence.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Oh great, lets hope they rig the DNC and make these two
the ticket boy that would be a win win for Trump 2020.

What are they calling it - Dumb and Dumber?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Except they've already produced more documents for this guy than they do for most in his position. They've gotten down to squawking because they were refused documents from a time he served in a position where he didn't have anything to do with the contents of the documents, he just filed them or something as if that sheds any insight into his personal feelings on what was written in them.

It's just a reason to complain and stall and not a substantive reason to claim they don't know enough about him as those papers shed no light on his actual opinions.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Yet Democrats only want to obstruct and release emails showing he wanted no racial profiling and publicly say he wanted racial profiling. It's a lie and theatrics.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

No, it's not OK.

This is nothing but blatant partisan attack.

What other committees is this jack wad on? Is he going to, when he doesn't get his way, release other documents?

This is a temper tantrum, by someone who isn't getting his way. What's next, stomping his little, tiny feet in an awesome rage? Or, better yet, holding his breath?

Were I in the Senate, irregardless of party, I would forward a motion to censure, at the least. The entirety of the Senate should be embarrassed by this.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It's theatre. The documents were cleared and he did this knowing he was not breaking any rules but wanting to look badass in the media.

To be clear they were cleared because he asked them to be and then last night he was notified it was done and they were fine to release.
edit on 6-9-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Still not OK.

I find that this idiocy is becoming extra-ordinarily--not annoying--infuriating.

This is theater, as you say, trying to position himself for a run in 2020. I'm a democrat, and he can kiss any support from me good-bye.

Their temper tantrums have been less than impressive.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Q predicted this last July....

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

I honestly believe theyll try to "weekend at Bernies" her until next Presidential election...

That's a possibility.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

That's actually scary to think about. What will they do with the nomination, go back and see if they can find dirt on his birth record? Check his kindergarten records?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

The way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

So did anyone with half a brain.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
His security clearance should be reviewed - releasing classified docs not cleared for public consumption is what got Manning, Snowden et al into the sh!t.

He's a drama queen, you can literally turn the sound down on the TV and still understand what he's triggered about. he's also a meme generator, the gift that keeps on giving.

twitter.com...
edit on 6/9/2018 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join