It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is really going on at Fukushima ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Here's a selection of the many youtube videos about Fukushima . To be honest it's very hard to tell exactly what is going on .

RT is putting out scary stories about " the worst is yet to come " , such as this vid from last week

TEPCO have made a video featuring a " trustworthy English accent " , about how they are fixing it up

Others are making very disturbing videos about how the Pacific Ocean is dying

So what we'd like to know is what's really happening ? Japan isn't on Russia's side , are Russians stirring the pot to disturb the Americans perhaps ?

TEPCO are the ones along with the Japanese Government , who didn't have a plan in case of this scenario : did they really need one since they say they're now getting somewhere with sorting this out ?

And the wide youtube user base are not any type of officials , they don't have a remit other than to question and inform . Should we trust them , when maybe , as individual producers, their trying hard to increase their viewcounts by scaremongering worst case scenarios ?

All I know is I went to sleep with youtube running and woke up an hour later with a scary long number boldly printed across the screen , turned it off and spent the night having bad dreams about dead fish and cancerous rain !

Someone somewhere has got to know what the facts are , can one or maybe two little powerstations poison the entire , mighty Pacific ?

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
If anyone actually knew the extent of the problem, I suspect they wouldn't be talking.

How much radioactive waste is washing into the ocean each day?
How many years has this been going on?

Poison the water, destroy the food chain...
Something like 70% of the oxygen we breathe (and burn) comes from ocean life.

For all we know, this is the event that will destroy our species.
For all we know, it was done that way on purpose...and hasn't been dealt with on purpose.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ZIPMATT

I don't know but I leave my mark to read what others say.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Wasnt this supposed to have killed off the Pacific by now?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I import live marine fish from Japan been wanting to get a geiger counter and check them mostly eels and sharks so they are bottom dwellers .

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I think it is the dumbest thing humans ever done.

Create something that can not be stopped.

All in the name of A.C..

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
They are not going to tell, the economic disaster would be huge. Alaska fishing shut down early this year.

Kenai River they’re unexpectedly weak. In some places, there are sockeye that are unusually small. In others, sockeye of a certain age appear to be missing entirely. It’s a mystery. In Southeast Alaska, one of the first Fish and Game staffers to notice an unusual trend was Iris Frank, a regional data coordinator and fisheries technician
fisherynation.com...

Absolutely unprecedented” is how Stormy Haught, the area research biologists for Alaska Department of Fish and Game described the situation Wednesday.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
They are not going to tell, the economic disaster would be huge. Alaska fishing shut down early this year.

Kenai River they’re unexpectedly weak. In some places, there are sockeye that are unusually small. In others, sockeye of a certain age appear to be missing entirely. It’s a mystery. In Southeast Alaska, one of the first Fish and Game staffers to notice an unusual trend was Iris Frank, a regional data coordinator and fisheries technician
fisherynation.com...

Absolutely unprecedented” is how Stormy Haught, the area research biologists for Alaska Department of Fish and Game described the situation Wednesday.

It's not just the radioactive waste affecting salmon. It's diseases from open water fish farms as well. I will not eat Pacific wild salmon or farm raised fish. Below are a couple of videos to explain what I am talking about. We have to stop polluting the sea, it may already be to late for the wild Salmon stocks.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Looking at the link it doesn't seem that bad , they're still getting a harvest in Alaska even if they're typically mixed results .
edit on 6-9-2018 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
What's really going?

Godzilla has awaken.

Hide.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
A " trustworthy English accent " always convinces me.... but the old story of what's happening there was fine for me. I'm a go to Taco Bell and get two crispy taco's and a small drink kind of person, just average. I had no need to know the 'Real' truth, after all Out of sight, out of mind.

It will never affect me........ I'm an American, I eat meat and budada's. And drink Coors Light, and watch Netflix. Case closed.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

TEPCO is sitting on millions of gallons of tritinated sea water they are pouring on the core to keep it cool; it creates tritium which is a nasty isotope of hydrogen diffused in water (it "sticks" to nearly everything and will be used in living systems in place of hydrogen which is a problem because it has a half-life of 12 years. Which means in 12 years, half of it will radiate away in your body). You cannot tell deuterium (another isotope of hydrogen, known as heavy water) from tritium from water. Well, at least not in a cost effective manor. So they have been threatening to dump all their water back into the ocean! They floated the idea in mid-2016. Said they could hold on through 2017 but will need to do something in 2018.

Well, it is 2018. Groups have gone to court to stop the whole sale dumping of irradiated water into the Pacific Ocean.

Meanwhile, around the same time as the dump notice there was little seen article that said a graphene water filter could actually sort out tritium and deuterium from sea water. Two years prior, a guy from Lockheed said they could make a graphene water filter by spraying methane (iirc) in a vacuum chamber onto a copper plate. In other words, the technology exists to actually do this but it is not being done!!

That pisses me off to no end! Yes, fish returns to the AK have been... strange this year. A couple years ago there were a couple reports of seals and polar bears being found with splotches of fur missing. Then that story was buried.

One thing people do not understand. Since the original meltdown, TEPCO has been dumping sea water on it! It is slowly leaching down through the ground back into the sea.

And still nothing is being done. Either in offers of support to help clean up or monetary offers or being open about what is happening with the clean up effort.

Hey Lockheed! Put your #ing money where your mouth is and give your water filter a real life test! Hey, you will get free tritium for that nuclear fusion reactor for free!! And good PR instead of bombing babies in far away lands.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
"And still nothing is being done. Either in offers of support to help clean up or monetary offers or being open about what is happening with the clean up effort."

Maybe we have met our match with Mother Nature. She may not be so forgiving this time after all the hickeys we'v given her in the Nevada Desert.....

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

TEPCO is sitting on millions of gallons of tritinated sea water they are pouring on the core to keep it cool; it creates tritium which is a nasty isotope of hydrogen diffused in water (it "sticks" to nearly everything and will be used in living systems in place of hydrogen which is a problem because it has a half-life of 12 years. Which means in 12 years, half of it will radiate away in your body). You cannot tell deuterium (another isotope of hydrogen, known as heavy water) from tritium from water. Well, at least not in a cost effective manor. So they have been threatening to dump all their water back into the ocean! They floated the idea in mid-2016. Said they could hold on through 2017 but will need to do something in 2018.

Well, it is 2018. Groups have gone to court to stop the whole sale dumping of irradiated water into the Pacific Ocean.

Meanwhile, around the same time as the dump notice there was little seen article that said a graphene water filter could actually sort out tritium and deuterium from sea water. Two years prior, a guy from Lockheed said they could make a graphene water filter by spraying methane (iirc) in a vacuum chamber onto a copper plate. In other words, the technology exists to actually do this but it is not being done!!

That pisses me off to no end! Yes, fish returns to the AK have been... strange this year. A couple years ago there were a couple reports of seals and polar bears being found with splotches of fur missing. Then that story was buried.

One thing people do not understand. Since the original meltdown, TEPCO has been dumping sea water on it! It is slowly leaching down through the ground back into the sea.

And still nothing is being done. Either in offers of support to help clean up or monetary offers or being open about what is happening with the clean up effort.

Hey Lockheed! Put your #ing money where your mouth is and give your water filter a real life test! Hey, you will get free tritium for that nuclear fusion reactor for free!! And good PR instead of bombing babies in far away lands.

or they could have industrially frozen it and towed it to the Antarctic to buy time drilled down below the reactors and blew up a H-bomb LOL

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

That sounds like a well informed run-down , thanks . If the japs can export millions of tons of cars each year then surely they can do something with those millions of gallons of tritinated sea water , other than dump it .

The main concern I have is that the Pacific doesn't die off in a wholesale manner , something that people keep saying it has , or it will . Its so vast and very deep so surely they're making this up ?

Also , what has spread all this radiation onto the lands around Fukushima ? Surely there must have been some kind of meltdown or large explosion we're not told about that caused that effect ?
I saw a video from Japan at the time that was quickly removed , a huge fiery mushroom at night . It made me wonder if the plant was even still there

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I can't help but think that because Japan was the only country that had the atomic bomb dropped on them during a war that they have been fascinated by atomic technology ever since.

The atomic age of the 1950s had a fascination with atomic everything, it was a scientific wonder at the time that captured the public's imagination. The environmental movement of the 1970s was when the U.S. began to see the dangers of atomic energy and when we began to grow out of that phase, but Japan seems to have embraced the atom regardless.

I suspect that Fukushima is an unintended consequence of our reckless use of the atom when we nuked the Japanese during WWII. Of course irresponsible greed is a main factor to blame for this current situation, not to mention the need for the raw materials to build more atomic bombs. Too bad that Japan didn't do a 180 degree on atomic energy after WWII, they could have had developed a cheaper, safer energy tech and helped the world get away from the atom by now. They should be the poster child for why we need to move on from nuclear energy and weapons, but instead we get a potentially ELE that will literally never go away.

ETA: It is also ironic how their culture is so dependent on sea food and yet they poisoned the ocean with their careless use of the atom. Why don't we learn from this and stop killing the oceans?
edit on 6-9-2018 by MichiganSwampBuck because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2018 by MichiganSwampBuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

All trash seen on the ground that is not picked up works it ways to drains that are not usually filtered or screened and that makes its way to the oceans eventually. The problem is plastics. The ocean currents generally follow the mainland but in the middle there are these slow regions called gyres. All that plastic ends up on other shore lines or there in the center. They found buoys washed away from the tsunami on Canadian shores!

All that radiation also spread. So guess what the US did? It raised the exposure level! Yup, it raised the amount of exposure in drinking water days after the Fukushima meltdown. So the stuff was blown into the air. Some of it was small and encapsulated particles which were heavy and did not travel far which is why the area around Fuku is still off limits (see the stories about feral pigs living there). The rest gets blown sky high when the hydrogen exploded and probably into the jet stream. Which also means the water cycle. Areas around the reactor spiked then died down. Until a typhoon hit which stirred up the sea floor and they got another spike. Like I said, take a while for the stuff to "go away." In fact, California was waiting for the winds and to see how much radiation detectors would rise. Then the EPA makes this "protection act" (!!?? against what am I being protected if you raise my exposure level?!!). IDK does not even cover it!

From the accident itself they say we all got a chest x-ray worth of radiation. I have not heard anything about long term exposure. Most of the fearful stuff is really bad like cesium-137. That is like table salt entering your body! When it enters the food chain in the Pacific... well, that is like measuring a mosquito to predict hurricanes!

Two reactors exploded. When the cooling system was flooded (the backup system was in the basement which was also flooded), they ran power cables above ground from another building. They tried but the emergency shutdown did not work. As the rectors (there were 4 active) heated, they got one shut off, 4 I think. Three was being cooled when one of the other two ran away. It boiled off the cooling water, then started melting the zirconium coverings on the fuel rods which creates pure hydrogen. One reactor could no longer contain the pressure of the hydrogen which when it breached the reactor promptly exploded followed a couple hours later by the next one. Roof gone from the building, core exposed, and the core still reacting with nothing to slow it down. The choice was made to dump sea water on it to keep it from going full China Syndrome (the fuel rods eating their way down to the water table then blowing up sky high uranium and all irradiated material into the air... certain doom). I do not fault them at this point because the alternative is worse. I think reactor 1 building was completely destroyed which why they are having a hard time reaching the core (which sits in the reactor vessel that sits in a pit). But two reactors exploded that day. There is a great NOVA show detailing what happened at Fukushima when the tsunami hit that you might want to watch.

Between the plastic and the radiation, I could see, well, maybe not a dead zone, but a really hard to sustain life zone. We are not being good stewards of our magic technology. Scientists are starting to realize, the way the sea goes, the same goes on land. So if we kill the Pacific, well, an awful lot of the earth's population of land creatures surround it so you can draw your own conclusions.

Add in over fishing and regular pollution well it makes me sad to see what we are doing.

So as not to be a total Debbie Downer... The Ocean Cleanup is launching System-001 for a 60-day run to clean up the Great Pacific Garbage Patch this weekend, Sept. 8.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Anything in the Japan forum on this site?

There were a couple of huge threads from way back when it started. I saw the tsunami happen live on TV. Followed the story on here for many years till I just got burned out on it. I still have friends posting updates about it and other sites , 7 years later, nothing I can do about it so why worry anymore.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

The perfect storm when added to the gulf incident in America plus all the ammo etc getting dumped offshore if you are a globalist .

I have family who have fishing boats & fish farms who have told me horror stories about what they have found in the sea -pre Fukoshima .

But hey chaos is good for business

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Wasnt this supposed to have killed off the Pacific by now?

And many times over at that!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join