It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Russian Suspects Identified in Salisbury Novichock Incident

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: oldcarpy

It certainly looks like these two were responsible but I'll be interested to see exactly what evidence they have to tie the two to the attack.
And it'll also be interesting to see the Russian response to these warrants and to the evidence.

But I still can't get my head around why such an efficient and stealthy agency like the GRU would assassinate someone using something like Novichok.
They had to know that UK authorities would find out what chemical agent was used and be able to trace it back to its source of origin.
A knifing made to look like a mugging would have been more like the tactics I would expect from such an organisation.

I can only assume that Russia wanted to send a very public message to all its ex-pats, former agents etc that working for other countries intelligence services would not be tolerated.
They also seem unconcerned about the UK and its allies reaction.

They want gruesome deaths to scare anyone from even thinking of being a spy for the West.

(post by AriAsulin removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by AriAsulin removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

But I still can't get my head around why such an efficient and stealthy agency like the GRU would assassinate someone using something like Novichok. They had to know that UK authorities would find out what chemical agent was used and be able to trace it back to its source of origin.

I'm not a fan of conspiracy theory myself - but Putin isn't exactly beloved in Russia, and things might not be going all that smoothly for him right now. This put him in a very bad spot - and what's he supposed to say?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I am sorry but Petrov doesnt sound very Russian, but very very much like Bulgarian. Russian last names are complex

Do they expect the sheeps to be fooled over the same lies over and over again?
edit on 5-9-2018 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

By your logic then you would believe the same people that lied about Saddam WMDs in Iraq.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Zero Hedge has noticed an interesting discrepancy:

Russia's Alleged Skripal 'Assassins' Caught Breaking The Laws Of Physics

The CCTV images released by Scotland Yard show the two suspects in separate pictures, the same place, at the exact same time down to the second. The implication is that either the pictures or the timestamp may have been manipulated.

Good grief you are posting a Craig Murray written article. The guy is clueless. There is more than one corridor. That is why the CCTV images are labelled CCTV1 and CCTV2. Nothing remarkable about two people arriving and entering two separate corridors at the same time and walking at the same pace.

goo.gl...

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

but Putin isn't exactly beloved in Russia

And you can be sure that Boris Yeltsin wasn't beloved in Russia. He was responsible for bringing down the Russian economy.

Putin Saved Russia and Syria from being turned into another Libyan failed state.

I am not surprised that there are still few people that believe the British government more. Dispute that they lied in Iraq and lied about Libya.
edit on 5-9-2018 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AriAsulin

Paid shill.

Grow up.

Do you actually have anything to contribute? Anything at all?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AriAsulin

Accusing someone of being a shill on ATS is not well received, especially when it comes from a newcomer who joined a few days ago and is targetting only one type of thread involving Russia. Those of us who have been around see loads of new people arrive when Russia is in the dock, cause mayhem, then disappear.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

Those are not their real names. There is intelligence as to who they actually are but for a successful prosecution the Police need evidence.

If you are going to call other people sheep then perhaps you ought to stop following the herd and try to find out for yourself what is actually happening here first.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Funny indeed how pro Russia/pro Putin new members show up when Russia is in deep poo.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox

I am sorry but Petrov doesnt sound very Russian, but very very much like Bulgarian. Russian last names are complex

Do they expect the sheeps to be fooled over the same lies over and over again?

What, like "Putin"?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I am sorry but Petrov doesnt sound very Russian, but very very much like Bulgarian.

As you know, Russian intelligence has a long history of using Bulgarians for wetwork.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I'd ask what Britain would have to gain, but we know they have nothing to gain with a false flag here.

No, we don't KNOW that. One can speculate with varying levels of plausibility all kinds of reasons why certain "dark forces" (not the puppets elected as officials in a government) would want to create a false flag black ops against Russia. Elements of the British Establishment and Russian exile billionaires like Mikhail Khodorkovsky have long wanted to get rid of the nationalist Putin and replace him with someone who is subservient to the City of London-Washington axis of evil. They want control of the oil fields that Putin nationalised. They collaborate with (and are protected by) MI5 and MI6. Perhaps some people in these agencies (or other intelligence agencies) have "turned" the two Russian agents by blackmailing them into carrying out this operation so that the world will assume that it was planned by Russian military intelligence under the orders of Putin. Maybe the two Russians volunteered because they hate both Putin and Sergei Skripal. The intelligence world is far murkier than you will ever learn in a five-minute news piece on TV. There are many possibilities that the media will never even discuss. Instead, they just go with what the officials tell them, most of whom may, too, be in the dark about what really happened and are merely joining dots in the way the real culprits wanted. The latter know that the two Russians will never be allowed to stand trial in the UK, so their deception will never be disproved and exposed. Instead, the unproven assumption that the operation was an officially approved Russion operation will take root in the minds of people throughout the world and Putin will be further discredited - mission accomplished.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

I am sorry but Petrov doesnt sound very Russian, but very very much like Bulgarian

Petrov or Petroff (masculine) or Petrova (feminine; pronounced [pʲɪˈtrof], [pʲɪˈtrovə]) is one of the most common surnames in Russia and Bulgaria. The surname is derived from the first name Pyotr (Пётр, Russian) or Petar (Петър, Bulgarian) (both related to English Peter) and literally means Pyotr's or Petar's.

en.wikipedia.org...(surname)

Seems very Russian to me.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

Maybe, perhaps, you have nothing to back any of this up and have just made it up?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I said 'not everything is a conspiracy'.

Some things are, this isn't....or at least not a UK government sponsored false flag.

The two pictures given as alleged evidence were quite clearly two separate photo's from different camera's in different corridors and as such are not evidence of anything other than those two suspects entering the UK.

Further evidence of their subsequent movements in the UK and proximity to the attack and their departure from the UK give reasonable suspicion that they were somehow involved in the attack in Salisbury and warrant questioning in connection with it.

Surely that is reasonable.

Please give me some evidence to support your theory that it is a false flag.

By your logic then you would believe the same people that lied about Saddam WMDs in Iraq

Its about judging each individual case on their own individual merits.

Are you mentally incapable of doing that?

Tony Blair should be prosecuted for misleading Parliament and lying to the British people.

Tony Blair had absolutely nothing to do with this and the two are absolutely unconnected....or can you supply any sort of evidence or even reasoned thinking to suggest other.

You mention logic yet apply none of it.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi
Maybe the two Russians volunteered because they hate both Putin and Sergei Skripal.

Well then Putin and the Russian authorities need to pull their finger out and find these two people, after all they have their mug shots, names, travel times given to them by the British. Find them and get them off to the UK where their maleficence can be exposed, and the whole conspiracy unwound.

Somehow, I don't think that would happen, do you?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

So these two did this as part of an anti Putin plot and then returned to Russia?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join