It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Woodward: "Administrative Coup D'etat"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

We already know that at least one of his doctor's assessments was a lie. Who's to say the others aren't as well? Kennedy's, Roosevelt's, and Reagan's doctors never outed their patients' conditions.

I'm not saying Trump is suffering from cognitive issues but pointing to the fact that there's no public report saying such things does not debunk the claim. We have a long history of presidential doctors covering up what's going on.

It doesn't support the claim either. You don't have to believe the only man who examined him, but I would suggest it.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip
Do you really believe aides and advisors should steal documents from a leader's desk so he cannot sign them?

Only if one feels that the President (King, PM, whatever) is barking mad.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
When I first heard about this, there is one question that I can think of:

Why do they stay and protect the president?

If it is as bad as it is reported in the book, then why are they protecting this man? Why are they staying there in the job, and do such? Why not get congress to act, after all some of the ranking members of congress are over there alot, talking to the president, why not give them this information and then leave, in mass, thus shutting the branch down in a way to force congress to take action.

If the man is that dangerous, why are they ignoring the country and putting themselves first?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

a reply to: underwerks

Or, Donald Trump is the same Donald Trump he’s always been.

Nah, that’s too crazy of a conspiracy.

He is. And fevered, power-hungry, bureaucrats are the same as they've always been.

You say that like there’s a difference between Donald Trump and power hungry bureaucrats.

Yes. Trump was elected to lead the country.

And Trump appointed the people in question.

And?

I find it amusing that you blame this on the “deep state” even though Trump appointed these people. I guess that makes Trump deep state as well, right?

I didn't blame it on the deep state. That's a lie. I find it amusing you have to lie to win an argument.

You brought them up on the first page:

People are surreptitiously removing documents from the leader's desk so he will not sign them. That's not democracy. But deep-state fanboys will be dreaming that these thieves are saving the country.

Why would “deep state fanboys” (your own words) be cheering this on then?

Very amusing.

And where did I blame this on the deep state? Nowhere.

Do you criticize Trump for spreading falsities? Because you are trying to spread one now.

Right there in the quote I provided. From you.

Again, why do you think “deep state fanboys” (your own words) are dreaming this is saving democracy?

I’m just asking you to explain part of a post. It’s there on the first page for everyone to read.

Until it’s edited like the OP, of course.

I did call people deep-state fanboys, but I didn't blame the deep-state, as per your lie. The men in the article are named and appointed by Trump.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Do you really believe aides and advisors should steal documents from a leader's desk so he cannot sign them?

Unfortunately, how one "feels" doesn't always represent the reality of the situation.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

You COULD do that, but that would be dishonest as Trump was the one who hired them. Also, I'm addressing facts too. It is factual that trump hired them in the first place. It is factual that Rob Porter resigned in disgrace. It is also factual that Trump continued to defend him during his scandal (and has even voiced rehiring him; though that fortunately fell through) so it doesn't look like any of the actions in the OP had anything to do with his firing.

link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig

If it is as bad as it is reported in the book, then why are they protecting this man? Why are they staying there in the job, and do such? Why not get congress to act, after all some of the ranking members of congress are over there alot, talking to the president, why not give them this information and then leave, in mass, thus shutting the branch down in a way to force congress to take action.

If the man is that dangerous, why are they ignoring the country and putting themselves first?

I believe some of the excerpts explain motives. I just don't have them on hand.

link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

That's a fair question to ask.

If it's that bad, as is implied, why stay--wouldn't it be better to leave and holler it to the four corners of the Earth...

"The Pres is nutso!!", or words to that effect.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Unfortunately, how one "feels" doesn't always represent the reality of the situation.
Well then, history will determine whether or not it is an act of courage, or of treason.

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: sdcigarpig
If it's that bad, as is implied, why stay--wouldn't it be better to leave and holler it to the four corners of the Earth...
"The Pres is nutso!!", or words to that effect.
Simple. Because his acolytes would call it TDS.
edit on 4-9-2018 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Well then, history will determine whether or not it is an act of courage, or of treason.

I'd be more suspicious when the chief operating officer of a multinational investment bank is removing documents from the democratically-elected leader because he fears certain trade proposals. That sounds to me like someone pushing down on the scale.
edit on 4-9-2018 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

so it doesn't look like any of the actions in the OP had anything to do with his firing.

Well obviously trump was unaware of the actions outlined in the op...

It would be interesting to know if he has found out since.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

What's he going to do if he has and disapproves? He can't fire them again.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig

Maybe they have a sense of duty to their country first...and that is why they stay. Incase they resign / get fired and Trump's dodgy cronies take over essential roles and we all get blown to kingdom come ?
Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Or, Donald Trump is the same Donald Trump he’s always been.

Nah, that’s too crazy of a conspiracy.

He is. And fevered, power-hungry, bureaucrats are the same as they've always been.

You say that like there’s a difference between Donald Trump and power hungry bureaucrats.

Yes. Trump was elected to lead the country.

And Trump appointed the people in question.

And?

I find it amusing that you blame this on the “deep state” even though Trump appointed these people. I guess that makes Trump deep state as well, right?

I didn't blame it on the deep state. That's a lie. I find it amusing you have to lie to win an argument.

You brought them up on the first page:

People are surreptitiously removing documents from the leader's desk so he will not sign them. That's not democracy. But deep-state fanboys will be dreaming that these thieves are saving the country.

Why would “deep state fanboys” (your own words) be cheering this on then?

Very amusing.

And where did I blame this on the deep state? Nowhere.

Do you criticize Trump for spreading falsities? Because you are trying to spread one now.

Right there in the quote I provided. From you.

Again, why do you think “deep state fanboys” (your own words) are dreaming this is saving democracy?

I’m just asking you to explain part of a post. It’s there on the first page for everyone to read.

Until it’s edited like the OP, of course.

I did call people deep-state fanboys, but I didn't blame the deep-state, as per your lie. The men in the article are named and appointed by Trump.

Why would deep state fanboys be celebrating this?

link   
a reply to: seagull

Who would believe them ?

Fake News
Witch Hunt
Leakers and Whistleblowers

Almost as if the play was set up in advance hmm ?

link   
Dbl

edit on 4/9/18 by cosmickat because: Double bubbles

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I misspoke.

While I'm not the fan you seem to be, I should have said his sources might have been making it up, for whatever reason...

Mea culpa.

link   

I think they would see it as doing the right thing, as some have already suggested.

link   
a reply to: seagull

Because president Trump has already accomplished more for this country than President Obama did in 8 years.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I think they would see it as doing the right thing, as some have already suggested.

So.... deep state?

Lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join