It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Woodward: "Administrative Coup D'etat"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Or, Donald Trump is the same Donald Trump he’s always been.

Nah, that’s too crazy of a conspiracy.

He is. And fevered, power-hungry, bureaucrats are the same as they've always been.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip
If true, this does not bode well for the democracy in general, the American republic in particular, and proves the unmitigated fear produced by the propaganda arm of the political class.

I'm confused by your logic here. Both Rob Porter AND Gary Cohn were Trump appointees. Cohn wasn't even a politician previously. He was a banker. Furthermore, both of them have since left the administration under scandal and the other after losing a policy power struggle. So even if these insinuations are true the threat is gone. That is unless you are suggesting that OTHER Trump appointees are doing the same.
edit on 4-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

Is it due to fear caused by the media or fear caused by Trump the man? It's said that due to his dwindling cognitive abilities Reagan was essentially a figurehead with no real power.

Also, Edith Wilson literally ran the country in Woodrow's place after he had a stroke at the end of his term that left him effectively brain dead.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

He is. And fevered, power-hungry, bureaucrats are the same as they've always been.

You say that like there’s a difference between Donald Trump and power hungry bureaucrats.

link   
our president -

"Rudy, you're a baby," Trump told the man who is now his attorney. "I've never seen a worse defense of me in my life. They took your diaper off right there. You're like a little baby that needed to be changed. When are you going to be a man?"

jesus...

link   

I'm confused by your logic here. Both Rob Porter AND Gary Cohn were Trump appointees. Cohen wasn't even a politician previously. He was a banker. Furthermore, both of them have since left the administration under scandal and the other after losing a policy power struggle. So even if these insinuations are true the threat is gone. That is unless you are suggesting that OTHER Trump appointees are doing the same.

I'm confused by your logic here. Crimes and sabotage are not annulled when the "threat is gone".

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Yeah, that's how I should have said it.

Woodward would have been called on this long ago, were he in the habit of making stuff up.

mea culpa.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

You say that like there’s a difference between Donald Trump and power hungry bureaucrats.

Yes. Trump was elected to lead the country.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I'm confused by your logic here. Both Rob Porter AND Gary Cohn were Trump appointees. Cohen wasn't even a politician previously. He was a banker. Furthermore, both of them have since left the administration under scandal and the other after losing a policy power struggle. So even if these insinuations are true the threat is gone. That is unless you are suggesting that OTHER Trump appointees are doing the same.

I'm confused by your logic here. Crimes and sabotage are not annulled when the "threat is gone".

Do you have proof that a crime was committed? Is removing a document from the President's desk even illegal? Do you know any statutes that were violated here?

But mostly, how is this an example of the Deep State in action if both of these jackasses were appointed by Trump himself?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

And Trump appointed the people in question.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

If true, this does not bode well for the democracy in general, the American republic in particular, and proves the unmitigated fear produced by the propaganda arm of the political class.

I'm confused by your logic here. Both Rob Porter AND Gary Cohn were Trump appointees. Cohn wasn't even a politician previously. He was a banker. Furthermore, both of them have since left the administration under scandal and the other after losing a policy power struggle. So even if these insinuations are true the threat is gone. That is unless you are suggesting that OTHER Trump appointees are doing the same.

Really depends on how much damage they done. Yes any future threat is over but it would be nice and productive to understand fully how they have effected the highest office in the land and what effect that has had overall. I am willing to bet that a select few could intervene in such ways as mentioned in the op and make someone look crazy and uninformed. Thereby creating a false perception of the potus. If it happened we need to know. I say it did happen and others could be helping.

No that does not mean every single instance of trump seeming crazy is due to influence from sinister sources.

We deserve to know the truth and the complete truth not someones version of the facts.

link   
a reply to: seagull

Woodward is 75, semi-retired, and, arguably, the most respected journalist in American history. What motive would he have to lie?

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Do you have proof that a crime was committed? Is removing a document from the President's desk even illegal? Do you know any statutes that were violated here?

But mostly, how is this an example of the Deep State in action if both of these jackasses were appointed by Trump himself?

I didn't say it was a crime, it was just a general point towards a stupid statement.

I never said it was an example of the deep state in action.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

And?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

People are surreptitiously removing documents from the leader's desk so he will not sign them.

His employees are removing documents from the leader's desk so he will not sign them , who's to say with this President that isn't a good thing.

But deep-state fanboys will be dreaming that these thieves are saving the country.

Deep-state fanboys ?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I think most of us here have been screwed over by friends and family at some point.

link   
a reply to: gortex

His employees are removing documents from the leader's desk so he will not sign them , who's to say with this President that isn't a good thing.

The millions who voted for him.

link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

I'm under the impression that the buck stops at Trump's desk. So ineffective employees under him would be a reflection on his poor hiring practices.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: seagull

Considering it's Woodward I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He already brought down one president with "unnamed sources."

That was back when unnamed sources meant something. A time when high-profile journalists had integrity.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

"A third of my job was trying to react to some of the really dangerous ideas that he had and try to give him reasons to believe that maybe they weren't such good ideas," said Porter, who as staff secretary handled the flow of presidential papers until he quit amid domestic violence allegations.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join