It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The tumor on Americas soul and the people that want it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Pharmaceutical companies don't find cures.

They find treatments.

Cures mean that the customer only visits once. Treatments means you have a customer for life.

Now wars.

If we actually fought to wina war, then it'd be done.

But we don't fight wars to win anymore.

We fight wars to perpetuaute wars.

Imagine a doctor saying you have a tumor.

Now conventional chemotherapy would get rid of it, but instead, they give you just enough chemo to reduce the tumor and keep you coming back.

Over and over again, chemo just enough to keep youalive and coming back, but not enough chemo to end the cancer.

That is America, and American politics today. The politicians don't want to find a cure, because they want you to keep coming back over and over again.

Be it poverty, drugs, economy, social security, healthcare, national defense.

The powers that be want the tumor to exist just enough to keep us as a customer but not enough that it'd kill us.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
But the question remains - Who spends their entire life working for free just because it's the right thing to do?

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
But the question remains - Who spends their entire life working for free just because it's the right thing to do?

There is one working for free in the White House right now.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

My favorite quote from "Serenity" was when Jayne said, "If you can't do something smart, do something right."

Not too many want to do whats smart or right any more.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This is why I won't go back to a doctor. And this is why I don't vote.

But hey, some people enjoy a merry-go-round.

edit on 3-9-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

LOL

Yeah, right.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

LOL

Yeah, right.

It's true. He donates his salary as President to charities. Look it up. He is doing the job for free.
edit on 3-9-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

LOL

Yeah, right.

It's true. He donates his salary as President to charities. Look it up. He is doing the job for free.

His salary is nothing compared to his wealth. If he didn't have any savings or any other source of income, do you think he'd be giving his salary away?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

It's the point. And if he was as greedy as some say he'd be taking the salary.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

His salary is nothing compared to his wealth.

It also has nothing to do with him doing the job for free.

If he didn't have any savings or any other source of income, do you think he'd be giving his salary away?

If the moon was the color of black could we still see it? If the sea was made of acid would you still swim in it? See those questions don't matter because they are based on a scenario that is not part of reality. The reality is, he is doing the job for free.
edit on 3-9-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Of course they find cures. Are you seriously that nieve

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

His salary is nothing compared to his wealth.

It also has nothing to do with him doing the job for free.

If he didn't have any savings or any other source of income, do you think he'd be giving his salary away?

If the moon was the color of black could we still see it? If the sea was made of acid would you still swim in it? See those questions don't matter because they are based on a scenario that is not part of reality. The reality is, he is doing the job for free.

This is really bizarre logic but it comes from someone who is apparently a Trump supporter so I'll leave it alone.

And just so you know. I'm not a partisan so I'm not going to get into a protracted debate with you over that foolishness. The point is if you need medical care and you go to a doctor who has no other money (source of income), he will get compensated for his time in some fashion or he won't help you.

As a general rule, people do not work for free. The mindset that believes the world will be fine without money (or something that is used as a substitute for it) is insane. Your doctor isn't doing his thing as a hobby. He wants to pay his bills. If you drag yourself into an ER staffed with people who don't get paid at 3 AM on a Friday night, you will probably find an empty building.

edit on 4-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Of course they find cures. Are you seriously that nieve

Naive. And yes, he is

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I understand what you mean with the pharmaceutical/medical industry and the wars and agree completely. It's capitalism and nothing will change there without government influence and control.

Which brings us to the political part of this that I'm not quite sure I understand. I see the politicians themselves as the tumors trying to stay alive. I don't mean certain ones either, but all of them. Our system is messed up in a next-level kind of way and needs a massive overhaul or a complete shutdown, wipe, and restart.

Can't cure a tumor, have to cut them all out and ensure that the host body is no longer prone to just growing new ones.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
What war, in the history of mankind, was ever “done”.

Every war ever fought perpetuated the wars to follow.

“The War to End All Wars” has never existed, and will remain a cruel fantasy until the war that destroys all life on Earth, forever.

The “Powers that Be” have no greater power than we, by our greed, our malice, and our stupidity grant them.

And it only our self-deceit that allows us to continue to claim that “they” are somehow not the products of our own desires and design.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

LOL

Yeah, right.

But which charities?

Are those charities perhaps controlled by either him or his organization/family?

You do know that charitable donations are tax deductible, right?

And that a properly calculated “donation” can offset the tax on a significantly larger amount of personal income?

Having refused to relinquish full control of his business interests, Trump likely considers the “donation” of his Presidential salary as nothing more than an amortizable investment expense against future revenue.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull

It's the point. And if he was as greedy as some say he'd be taking the salary.

Oh, and BTW. I did not imply that Trump is any more greedy than anyone else. Selfishness makes the world go round. Well, actually, the world does that on it's own. Self-interest is what motivates people.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   
That is actually a great analogy DB, bravo. I agree 100%. S&F

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   

No you didn't, I agree.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It won't take much and it's already happening within, we will be the bad guys of the world.

We will be hitler in their eyes and they will seek to topple us. Facts be damned

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join