It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meanwhile, at the Mall...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull
a reply to: WarriorMH

Well... I feel like I've lived this before in all you just said. Happened last night when I asked my daughter to help me wish the supper dishes.

Apparently we are equal beings in this house although she has no job or life outside the house but doesn't feel she should have to do anything that I particularly ask her to. In fact, the other day I said, "thank you", to her when she cleaned up her couch area. And I got in trouble for saying thank you to her.

The similarity I am pointing out is 17 year olds (-/+) have all the answers but none of the lived wisdom.

But, I do not mean that with any disrespect. I will only say that there is no "debating" or "arguing" or "discussing" with you. But, somehow it makes me feel I am living normal right now through these teen years.

Thanks for the validation.

I never said i had all the answers, i had an oppinion, but i can see how it willbe thrown away because of age

just look at the hate, this is dumb, some people can't habdle being adults and find happiness in insulting me instead of having a smart conversation

this is very pointless, i already said that a "we vs you" argument is pointless

if you can't listen to the other side then who has the problem

i live alone i take care of myself, I don't know about your daughter but i also did not like to be ordered around, did you? what's the point of all of this?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

But, the thing is that your attitude is coming across loud and clear about how you have the answers. Adults are dumb and kids should not be blamed for any of their decisions.

I am not an ageist - I will talk to others as they talk to me. Because it seems the only way such people can understand a conversation, otherwise they just don't get it.

For instance.
Me to my 18 year old daughter: "Would you mind doing the dishes while I put supper away (that I cooked).
Her: "Why? Why do I have to do the dishes? I didn't make the mess? Why do you always want to make me do things?"
Me: "We co-exist in this house and everyone contributes."
Her: "I'm going to my room."

And, there were no requests in my childhood home. There were orders and demand and unrealistic expectations of which I got the belt and a bunch of other abuse if I even moved a hair out of line.

I am not out to argue with you. But, you have proven again that it is a one sided viewpoint here. I am sorry if it seems I am coming down on you, that is not my intention.

Do you get anything of what we are trying to express?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

But, the thing is that your attitude is coming across loud and clear about how you have the answers. Adults are dumb and kids should not be blamed for any of their decisions.

I am not an ageist - I will talk to others as they talk to me. Because it seems the only way such people can understand a conversation, otherwise they just don't get it.

For instance.
Me to my 18 year old daughter: "Would you mind doing the dishes while I put supper away (that I cooked).
Her: "Why? Why do I have to do the dishes? I didn't make the mess? Why do you always want to make me do things?"
Me: "We co-exist in this house and everyone contributes."
Her: "I'm going to my room."

And, there were no requests in my childhood home. There were orders and demand and unrealistic expectations of which I got the belt and a bunch of other abuse if I even moved a hair out of line.

I am not out to argue with you. But, you have proven again that it is a one sided viewpoint here. I am sorry if it seems I am coming down on you, that is not my intention.

Do you get anything of what we are trying to express?

read the thread again, you are just whining about how things are not like you want thrm to be and how it was better before, well I'm sorry we are defective in your eyes, when i posted here no one replied with something but telling i'm wrong

what about how generations are who direct how thr world works and who will inherit it? why are you just no talking about that instead of me?

you are defensive and i only pointed out things ypu don't want to hear, and instead i am insulted

clearly this is an adult conversation where i don't belong

have a nice day

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Clearly!

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

No one said you're defective. We just want you to have a little respect for, first and foremost yourself, and others around you who don't want to go to a softcore titty bar by walking into a Safeway.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I apologize. I am sorry for offending you. I am sorry for being the generation that made everything worse. I am sorry that I can't read correctly. I am sorry for whining. I am sorry for letting tv and society and other forms of mind control destroy your generation, of which you are clearly above. I am sorry, sorry, sorry.

Please let me know if this is sorry enough.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

No one said you're defective. We just want you to have a little respect for, first and foremost yourself, and others around you who don't want to go to a softcore titty bar by walking into a Safeway.

but why I'm insulted for having an opinion, did you even consider what i said or just assumed i can't know anything and must be wrong?

i had an oppinion, maybe if i did not express it correctly but you could first tell me how I'm wrong and not just a "because i say so"

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

May I point out that IMO, by swinging to the far opposite end of how your parents raised you, you raised a crappy kid yourself? Her attitude did not form in a void, it formed thanks to what peer influences the parents allow to take precedence over them. Mine are moody tweens and they know damn well if they mimic a peer & mouth off to parents or any adult in general in the slightest, they will have consequences they do not enjoy. You don't have to beat a kid to make your point & spur a behavior correction, it just requires parents having the balls to stand firm on those consequences.

Teenage defiance is not new. The amount of parents allowing their teens to get away with it sans repercussions IS. Had I ever spoken to my father like THAT, flat refused to help him or do a chore and stomped off, I would not have been allowed to do anything but school and the two daily meals at home before and after it, and sit in my room bored to tears until my attitude adjusted.

I find it borderline repulsive that people are ripping on Warrior here, while refusing to admit the kids & attitudes they revile would not exist if not for the attitudes and influences of mommy and daddy's own generation. Stop kicking the can down the road, you're just as good at blaming others as teens are.
edit on 9/1/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Clearly!

very nice of you, i wish i care as much as you do. Unfortunately i am not mediocre and dull, and so full of hate it gets the best of me, i try tobe better than that even with people that are emtpy inside.

Why do you hate me so much? do you feel happy when you feel hate towards me?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I apologize. I am sorry for offending you. I am sorry for being the generation that made everything worse. I am sorry that I can't read correctly. I am sorry for whining. I am sorry for letting tv and society and other forms of mind control destroy your generation, of which you are clearly above. I am sorry, sorry, sorry.

Please let me know if this is sorry enough.

like i said i had an oppinion, which was thrown out in favor of insulting me for daring to talk, so I can't say anything at all, ever unless it is in agreement or else

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Nope. If Warrior didn't have an attitude, teen, child, adult or not - then he wouldn't get feedback. I was trying to engage him in convo but it's way beyond his want.

He wants to argue.

He has teenage defiance. He is 17. It goes with the territory.

I at least, as most, have the humbleness to know that when someone is trying to explain or discuss something with me that if I LISTEN and try to understand, ask questions and give while taking, that maybe the conversation can continue.

But, Warrior is above and beyond that.

So, where did I say anything in my texts back and forth that I do not give my child consequences? While you were in my brain did you pick up on my thoughts of your high and mighty attitude? Go take a nap. You're acting just like Warrior. Maybe you're his Mom.
edit on 1/9/18 by ccseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

You know what Warrior? I am going to sincerely apologize. I just read your thread about having hepatitis and about how everyone in the world is out to get you and it's not your fault you're sick and your aunt is a "B---h" and the doctor is an A-----e" and such and such.

I do think you are defensive, angry and something has happened in your life, re: family and it is affecting the tone of your comments in this thread. I am really sorry you feel as you do. One only wants love and acceptance.

But, I do sincerely apologize for making you feel less than you are. Please note: you are a unique person with wonderful qualities and everyone is equal. I really mean that. I am sorry we can't seem to agree. I didn't want you to feel I was picking on you specifically. I was trying to converse with you but we are butting heads. I didn't mean to put you down as a human being or just because you are 17.

edit on 2/9/18 by ccseagull because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/9/18 by ccseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
forget the mall a new age private middle schools has been inserted in a retirement village which happens to be located on my street opposite my house. A grand experiment as I cant see no proof of this being somewhere else. The middle age is in that 13-16 year range where they are very susceptible to picking up whatever mind set they are being programmed with. I wont name the schooling method but my research effort revealed its ideology is the same as scientology which tells the kids not to listen to their parents as it muddles their ability to think for themselves like adults.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

Nope. If Warrior didn't have an attitude, teen, child, adult or not - then he wouldn't get feedback. I was trying to engage him in convo but it's way beyond his want.

He wants to argue.

He has teenage defiance. He is 17. It goes with the territory.

I at least, as most, have the humbleness to know that when someone is trying to explain or discuss something with me that if I LISTEN and try to understand, ask questions and give while taking, that maybe the conversation can continue.

But, Warrior is above and beyond that.

So, where did I say anything in my texts back and forth that I do not give my child consequences? While you were in my brain did you pick up on my thoughts of your high and mighty attitude? Go take a nap. You're acting just like Warrior. Maybe you're his Mom.

i'm a girl thank you, i keep having to explain this every post i make, I don't even know now

i know i have problems i never pretended I don't, but why is it that i get so much hate? you also have problems, everyone does

In the end, i didn't want to argue, just wanted to say how things look like from my point of view but it is always rejected no matter what, I can't get through to anyone and it is disappointing

I can only say i feel bad because honestly i don't even know how i insulted you all, clearly there is a very impossible to fix difference between us and at this point i can't add anything to make things better so i'm just going away and sorry to have caused all this

In the past i always used to think that maybe my language skills was the problem and i was unable to get through because of that and people misinterpreted what i said, but i keep seeing people just hating with no reason or explanation. i dont think it was language after all. it doesn't matter anyway so be it
edit on 2-9-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH

I never said i had all the answers, i had an oppinion, but i can see how it willbe thrown away because of age

Ever heard the saying, *Opinions are like a-holes every one has one*

Experience is gained by trial and error, does experience not count

for anything?

If I am ever in a corner or have major problems need advice I think

I would take experience over opinion......

just look at the hate, this is dumb, some people can't habdle being adults and find happiness in insulting me instead of having a smart conversation

HATE??????? Who's hating on who?????

If you really believed in yourself you wouldn't be so 'super sensitive!

Why do you feel insulted by anothers opinion? Its only 'their' opinion

after all, NOT SET IN STONE.

this is very pointless, i already said that a "we vs you" argument is pointless
if you can't listen to the other side then who has the problem

YOU have said "a we vs you" is pointless ...... Are YOU listening to the other

side??? Or have YOU already decided who is to blame?

i live alone i take care of myself, I don't know about your daughter but i also did not like to be ordered around, did you? what's the point of all of this?

Very well done !!!

But could I possibly suggest that the isolation of living alone may be

effecting your perspective on life.

Just my 'opinion'

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Some people on here need to go to anger management.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Sure it matters. No one, I should think, wants to hurt you.

I think you are a very brave and independent young woman who is living her life unfortunately on your own. This can be very difficult and scary.

I THINK what we all mean to express is that teens often think they know all the answers. And often they have huge and wonderful ideas and solutions. What I was "hearing" was obviously not what you meant to get across.

It's all water under the bridge. I only want you to get better and to know that you are loved and as important as anyone else on this earth.

I'm always around if you want to PM me and vent or whatever. If I may, I give you a super warm and loving hug - because I think you need one, and I believe we all should give a human touch.

Sleep well. And now, just like family does (or should) we can continue on without harbouring resentment or anger because that only tears people apart. People should be able to apologize, forgive and still care and have their loved ones in their life no matter what arguments occur here and there. It's all good.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Wow, what an interesting thread this has been to read. Crazy how many of you diss young folk as if they know # all because they are young.
I left home at 16, I was working and living independently covering my own life. Everything I knew or felt then was pretty much the same as what I feel now, I haven't learned much in the decades since, just accepted that many people are pricks who think they know it all. I laugh at the same childish things I laughed at when I was 16, and I cry at the same things which made me sad even today.

You members who 'know it all' like you are grown ups are the actual problem in my opinion. You think young people should conform to your standards etc. I say that is bull# and you need to look in a mirror..
So what if someone wears their pants hung around their arse? So what if they wear shorts which show their arse cheeks?
Just #ing look away and stop being a judgemental prick.

Ya'all are stuck in the white picket fence suburban life where your standard of 'normal' is all that counts.
Maybe if you took the blinkers off you'd see the world for what it is...but maybe that would frighten some of you so you fear taking that step?

Young adults are a massive part of my world, from my own child to the children of my friends, they bring vibrancy and an alternative view where it is often needed. You old 'stick in the mud' folk are the problem in my opinion, not the young people who you wish to control.
I love posting on ATS but I would hate to have my life tribe filled with the average ATS member spouting their vitriol about young people. You wouldn't fit into my world of parties and fun.
Boring bastards would be the term I would apply to most of you.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

I left home at 16, I was working and living independently covering my own life. Everything I knew or felt then was pretty much the same as what I feel now, I haven't learned much in the decades since, just accepted that many people are pricks who think they know it all. I laugh at the same childish things I laughed at when I was 16, and I cry at the same things which made me sad even today.

So basically you haven't grown up! I would be ashamed to say that I had

learned nothing in decades.

You members who 'know it all' like you are grown ups are the actual problem in my opinion. You think young people should conform to your standards etc. I say that is bull# and you need to look in a mirror..
So what if someone wears their pants hung around their arse? So what if they wear shorts which show their arse cheeks?
Just #ing look away and stop being a judgemental prick.

Young adults are a massive part of my world, from my own child to the children of my friends, they bring vibrancy and an alternative view where it is often needed. You old 'stick in the mud' folk are the problem.
II would hate to have my life tribe filled with the average ATS member spouting their vitriol about young people. You wouldn't fit into my world of parties and fun.
Boring bastards would be the term I would apply to most of you.

You do realise there is nothing more embarrassing and pathetic than a parent

trying to be one of the 'kids' the best buddie, dad dancing and all that.

The point of being a parent is BEING THE PARENT..... NOT trying to be their

best friend, they already have one of those.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Lol yes, never got old, same as my mates and wider tribe.
Cover bills and outgoings of course, but never become a boring old bastard

EDIT
...and I knew it all at 16 when I became independent, maybe you didn't? Different experiences is all.
edit on 2-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join