It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cancels pay raise due federal workers in January

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Kharron

here from someone not across the pond right here in the good'ol USA

let's start with the public pretenders office, fire every single one of them.. next half of the people working on the roads, specifically the half standing around doing nothing

second.. half of all city council's they do nothing, half of DMV employee's, end the drug war and get rid of the DEA, half of the FBI and hell most of the 3 letter agencies

I mean damn this list could go on forever

Who are the pretenders? Are we just making up jobs now to create rationalizations? Seems that way.

Aren't most road workers State workers? I fail to see what cutting money for federal employees has to do with that. The government may help with funding for projects but roads come from State taxes.

Do you think he will end the drug war with this pay cut or are you just listing random stuff you don't agree with?

edit on 30-8-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
All those endless articles about how no one was getting pay raises year after year, but now the federal workforce might miss their raises once ... once, and you guys are so upset ...

OMG, they might not get the cost of living covered this year!

How many of us didn't get raises for all of Obama's years in office, including not getting our cost of living covered? Don't you think it's fair to make them feel a bit of hardship? I mean, we've all paid their bills off our lack of cost of living increase and many of them make much, much then most of us.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

If I was a government worker, I'd be pissed. But since I have been in the private sector for a good while now, I really haven't gotten (or given myself one) a raise in a while now. The prices I charge my clients have remained steady for a while, and I have to base that on competition in the area that offer the equivalent level of service. But in my area of work, it's usually a few years behind the economy. I was gangbusters up until 2010. And things are just starting to hint at ramping back up.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

We also have to consider that DC is one of the richest areas of the country right now. Where do many of these federal employees live?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Good stuff. Now watch as the typical people lament Trump's choice as not caring about lowly bureaucrats, all while refusing to offer any sort of better employment, better wages, better benefits themselves.

They don't care about workers; they just want others to do the caring for them.
edit on 30-8-2018 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The prices I charge my clients have remained steady for a while, and I have to base that on competition in the area that offer the equivalent level of service. But in my area of work, it's usually a few years behind the economy. I was gangbusters up until 2010. And things are just starting to hint at ramping back up.

Sounds like me and you may be in the same business..... You stay south of the Virginia border now, ya hear? lol.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

So to you the definition of political madness is someone attempting to reign in government spending... lol

What he needs to do is freeze federal employees wages until they are comparable with private sector jobs.

In my dealings with federal employees, the more they get paid the more useless they are.

So another thread from you taking what is a good thing for America and attempting to make it look bad. In reality, what he did only looks bad to Progressive statists.

Keep up the good work... midterms are coming!!!

edit on 30-8-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Aw...nevermind.
edit on 30-8-2018 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

That's all fine and dandy, and I agree, but how someone can defend a 200 billion increase in military spending but then mention pay freezes for state employees are reigning over government spending... The irony is strong.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Seems like government employees are already well compensated, never mind the extravagant benefits and retirement. Federal employees make substantially better pay (excluding armed forces who are badly underpaid on average)

The country’s 21,656,200 government workers earned an average $51,340 per year, or $24.69 per hour, as of May 2012, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. This compared with the $45,230, or $21.74, earned by all 128,278,550 workers in all industries.

work.chron.com...

This was pay from 6 years ago.
I don't think they're hurting financially or otherwise.
edit on 30-8-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Saves the tax payers money. Good for him. I absolutely applaud this, as should every American tax payer.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Funny, I'm having a hard time mustering up any sympathy for them. I'm quite sure they are already paid more than they are worth and that approximately 80% of govt. jobs are redundant and not even needed

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Sycophant reply. Totally groundless of course but not a surprise.

He #ed up and is costing us billions. The financial genius that he is .....NOT
He has no business in that office. He is unfit.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The public sector should cut back? Bull#. Period. The government budget is unbalanced and out of whack. Grocery prices and clothing prices are not going down. How easy it is for you to sit thousands of miles away and pass judgement on out government workers. Such gall.
That's okay let them eat beans right? Not like the English know anything about food anyway.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Actually I agree with Trump on this one.

Federal Government workers are far less productive than comparable workers in the private sector, it takes many more of them to do the same types of job, they have dream benefits and are often paid multiple times what their job should pay and for the most part can't be fired, even if they just go in and sit around all day.

I know, I have a couple of close friends who work for them. They often brag about how they are getting over on the taxpayers and how they can take as much as 3 months off for whatever reason and still not lose a days pay. We the People are being robbed.

If there is any group of people in the US that does not need a raise, it is federal government workers and contractors employees paid under the federal guidelines.

I have one friend who earns now close to $130,000 plus another $75,000 or so in benefits per year working for the Fed's at a government facility. She had three days training to run an overhead crane to move barrels from one side of a warehouse to the other side. That's it, that's all she does. A job anyone could do after maybe two hours training if that. She's a laborer with no education. They fly her to DC once a year for a week of fun on the taxpayers dime, using a single short meeting as an excuse. She loves to brag about that one. In the late 90's she made a mistake that caused 7 peoples deaths. She was never reprimanded or at risk of losing her job. The whole thing was covered up for her and it never made the news. I only know because I've been friends with her and her first husband for over 30 years. The news covered the deaths, but not a word about her dropping the barrel filled with low level nuclear waste. She was standing next to the exit and was the only one to make it and she caused it.

It's sickening how much money they waste and how incompetent and inefficient they are as anyone who has ever dealt with government employees knows. Bureaucracies are huge lumbering, money wasting beasts and one giant good ole boys club for the employees.
edit on 8/30/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Just when I think I can't love Trump more than I do, he goes and does something like this. That man is taking care of business.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

I think if the article said:

Trump kills extra staffers in the middle of 5th Avenue, citing lack of funding, the replies on here would be -- well, about time, there are too many government employees anyway. Good for Trump, Obama hired too many people.

Very predictable replies. I can guess the first two pages of any thread as soon as I see the title -- because most people don't get past that point anyway.

Sad but true.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Seems reasonable. Its about time the public sector cut back.
He should go further and fire 75% of all govt workers.
I would make all govt workers explain their value and then keep the top 25%.
It would have zero impact on what gets done.

I agree 100%.... and you're not even American and you have more sense than seemingly almost half of our own citizens.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
"Civilian Federal Employee" not "Career Politician". The federal employee isn't responsible for the mess we are all in. Why should they be punished? Why not cut the salary of these politicians and demand more from them? Is that not what is expected from every hard working blue collar worker in america? Work harder for less and pay more.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

And we can guess your and Sillyolme's responses or lack of response to any thread about Trump.

I don't think government employees should be getting raises until government spending is in control. If the government employees don't like their pay they can find a job in the public sector.

edit on 30-8-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join