It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cancels pay raise due federal workers in January

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Cauliflower

It’s free to walk around a park or your neighborhood, not so free on a golf course.

Lol it's probably free when you own the golf course. Also last I heard he chose not to be paid for being president. Regardless, it would have to be some amazing golf courses to reach up $25 billion in greens fees.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 30-8-2018 by MRinder because: Double

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

“Screw them! Fire every one!” Is not an example of a tantrum?

On second thought, maybe you’re right. Let’s fire Trump’s secret service security. He can get his concealed carry license and that will be all he needs. MUCH cheaper.
edit on 30-8-2018 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Nope. Not free. The government is charged.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Nope. Just a pure, calm statement. Exclaimed for solidifying my point.
edit on 30-8-2018 by StallionDuck because: where you going comma

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Oh those poor poor people.

Meanwhile the guys sitting in the garbage truck with the arm, and the lady delivering my mail are making more than I am currently while I go back to school.

And those benefits?! Wooooh man do I feel sorry for those Federal Suckers.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

“Screw them! Fire every one!” Is not an example of a tantrum?

On second thought, maybe you’re right. Let’s fire Trump’s secret service security. He can get his concealed carry license and that will be all he needs. MUCH cheaper.

Cool, then his sons can pay for security. Or hire some with his quarterly Presidential salary, instead of donating it as he does.
edit on 30-8-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Aw...nevermind.

Ditto.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I think if the article said:

Trump kills extra staffers in the middle of 5th Avenue, citing lack of funding, the replies on here would be -- well, about time, there are too many government employees anyway. Good for Trump, Obama hired too many people.

Very predictable replies. I can guess the first two pages of any thread as soon as I see the title -- because most people don't get past that point anyway.

You don't think a government can buckle under too much bureaucracy?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Kharron

I think if the article said:

Trump kills extra staffers in the middle of 5th Avenue, citing lack of funding, the replies on here would be -- well, about time, there are too many government employees anyway. Good for Trump, Obama hired too many people.

Very predictable replies. I can guess the first two pages of any thread as soon as I see the title -- because most people don't get past that point anyway.

im with you on that

you can tell exactly where the threads will go before you even read the replies.
dude is a savior.

i dont know

And yet you are drawn here. Some say he might live rent free in your head.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Give up the golf thing for a change. Obama did it. Clinton did it. Georgey did it. It comes with the territory. The guy can't be all work all the time. I'm sure even then he's thinking about what has to be done.

The left often forgets that Trump owns 17 golf courses, so it's not like he's paying to play, as it were.

So it's an even worse analogy then they think.

(I said the left thinks... my apologies for typing that.)

The left remembers because it costs money for him and his staff and security and military support units to move every freaking weekend to his properties.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Well at least Congress Critters, and judges from District on up to I imagine Supreme Court levels, can all write themselves raises as they see fit. We'll just call it the bourgeois vanguard.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

OK. Here's the deal. ANYTIME the Federal Government DOESN'T spend money, it's a good thing.
This is an UNWAVERING, UNIVERSAL constant.

Pondering the level at which "you just don't get it" continues to be a constant source of wonder and amusement for me, but in my heart of hearts I believe that true redemption is waiting for you, and it only lies a couple of threads away, brother! (or sister. I don't judge).

But be not afraid brother! (see above). I sense HOPE for you, man-friend! (ditto).

I KNOW that there's a Trump supporter somewhere deep down inside your heart, and he's just SCREAMIN' to get out!
You just keep your chin up, cuz we're all really rootin' for ya! No matter where you go, you just remember that I'm ALWAYS her for you brah! (and again) Never forget that.

Just let the love out, man-friend! Just let it FLOW!

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Damn, I forgot this part. Sorry!

Were 4 pages in and, let's see, how many takers so far?

Let's just count them up, m'kay?

Kharron is all in...
TinySickTears is on the fence...
scraedtosleep also seems to be fencing...
JameSimon seems to be in...
And, of course Sillyolme. No surprise there... If there's Trump hate on the agenda, she'll ALWAYS be raising her glorious voice skyward, hehe. You may as well just post for her, SG...

Ditto for Kaylaluv. Wow! There's a surprise!

I guess this is a big day for ya! Congratulations brah! Seriously. From the bottom of my heart!

Better luck next time, Hoss!

You PM me if I can help!

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

So, no more secret service security, golf trips, or military spending?

Cool.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Its about time the public sector cut back

They've been having cutbacks for ten years. Once again you people are ignorant, vicious people who have no idea what you're talking about. I can't wait until the Democrats take over and we can cut the real waste.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Interesting...

Govt. workers should get an LLC and become private contractors. I just renegotiated my govt. contracts with "the wall" and gave myself a nice little raise.

www.usa.gov...

by the way, the gop will not allow trump to just unilaterally decrease federal wages. They know this would be the death of the GOP when all the federal workers and their families bounce over to the democrats.
edit on 30-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Funny how all the people who think this is a good thing have no problem with massive military spending.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
nvm...
edit on 30-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join