It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new low Navajo legislator says protesters asked him if he is in the U.S. illegally

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Sounds like trump supporters...republicans, right? A republican state right? Us Dumbocrats you chastise for wanting diversity and bow to trumps racist bs now you cry cry cry when it happens to you?

Who really are the snowflakes? lol...

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: JAGStorm
The race thing you guys have going on in the states is crazy.
Maybe start by calling people simply Americans without the stupid pronoun like 'African' or 'native' or even 'Irish' for that matter.
British people just call each other British, but then we stopped treating ethnic minorities like # a lot sooner than Uncle Sam did so I guess old habits die hard.

The generation that does this is the same generation that 10 or 20 years ago was teaching their children to be colorblind. Fortunately, they'll be dying off soon enough that their political voice won't last too much longer.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Basically what happened here is that (some) people in Arizona

There's the problem right there.

ARIZONA

can you say herp derp?

edit on 30-8-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

(post by wylekat removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks it is funny that these pinnacles of western society, can't tell the difference between someone of Iroquois descent and someone of Mexican descent, or someone who is Muslim and someone who is Sikh.

"I may not be able to count past ten, and I smoke meth and bang my cousin sister. But I am still better than you. Now git outta my country," says the greatest person to ever live to his confused looking son who just got back from a vacation in Florida.

edit on 30-8-2018 by karmicecstasy because: DISCLAIMER- THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU, UNLESS YOU GO AROUND YELLING AT EVERYONE WITH A SLIGHT TAN TO GET OUT OF THE COUNTRY. THEN IT IS ABOUT YOU AND I STOLE YOUR LIFE STORY

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

a reply to: rollanotherone
Lol Britain treats ethnic minorities well in official govt business, don't be so silly.
You only stopped treating black people like dirt in recent decades. You seem to have a lot of catching up to do...ask yourself how many 'race threads' do you ever see posted by Brits? Like zero unless I've missed one.
I'd rather be black in the UK than the US for sure.
much of that is inflated in the news and academia. Yes there are race issues,but unscrupulous powerful people manipulate the divisions on purpose.

The reality is most minorities are fine and don’t experience any real oppression. Also, the majority get along perfectly fine with white people.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
Am I the only one who thinks it is funny that these pinnacles of western society, can't tell the difference between someone of Iroquois descent and someone of Mexican descent, or someone who is Muslim and someone who is Sikh.

"I may not be able to count past ten, and I smoke meth and bang my cousin sister. But I am still better than you. Now git outta my country," says the greatest person to ever live to his confused looking son who just got back from a vacation in Florida.
I can, because I worked with tribes and grew up in the Southwest. However, even there exist people living in white conclaves or just being simply uneducated. Now let’s see uneducated person from deep Idaho or rural Georgia

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Yup, every single conservative on here and in America was not only at the protest but acts like those bigots. I saw it on CNN
a reply to: tinner07

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

a reply to: rollanotherone
Lol Britain treats ethnic minorities well in official govt business, don't be so silly.
You only stopped treating black people like dirt in recent decades. You seem to have a lot of catching up to do...ask yourself how many 'race threads' do you ever see posted by Brits? Like zero unless I've missed one.
I'd rather be black in the UK than the US for sure.
much of that is inflated in the news and academia. Yes there are race issues,but unscrupulous powerful people manipulate the divisions on purpose.

The reality is most minorities are fine and don’t experience any real oppression. Also, the majority get along perfectly fine with white people.

Says the white person? It may look different from another perspective.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: JAGStorm

I haven't been told to "get out of their (my) country yet", but have to wonder when the next wag'll let loose with it.

I live in NC, BTW- land of lily white good ol boys. CORRUPT lily white good ol' boys.

SC is worse with the good ole boy network.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Being uneducated seemingly has become quite popular, it was one of the presidents platforms practically, they are easy to manipulate!!
All you have to do is look at the education secretary.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Lol, fair enough. I still say so that some of it is inflated. Not all.
edit on 30-8-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Actually, unless you are a Red Indian, you are all immigrants, and not there legally!

Perhaps, it was okay for your ancestors to turn up on the landmass of America, and to help wipe out the indigenous populations?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I have a Canadian friend who lives and goes to school here. Legally. A couple months ago, a random car followed her to her apartment just to yell at her to get out of the country, because her car has Canadian license plates.

The common decency of people in this country is regressing at an astonishing rate.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Actually, unless you are a Red Indian, you are all immigrants, and not there legally!

Perhaps, it was okay for your ancestors to turn up on the landmass of America, and to help wipe out the indigenous populations?

While I deplore the treatment of the native Americans both currently and historically, it gets more nuanced when one finds out they also came here themselves at some point. Moreover, many of them took over each others’ lands. Good examples are: the Sioux violently moving from I believe Canada/Minnesota to the Dakotas. The Navajo moving down from the northeast and pushing out everyone from the Zuni to Anasazi to Apache. The Aztecs violently subduing all kinds of tribes and even requiring sacrificial victims from them. That’s why those tribes allied with Cortes against the Aztec.

To wit, there is zero qualitative difference between the Navajo violently taking over the four corners region, and Europeans doing the same to native Americans. It’s only a difference in scale.

That doesn’t excuse it though.

It turns out few people groups out there are without imperialism or bloodshed. The Zuni actually are relatively pacifistic.

Secondly many people like my own ancestors came after the atrocities and had no part. I’m an immigrant but late comer family wise.

However, that doesn’t mean some tribes don’t need restitution and help with their ongoing challenges in part due to the past. There is still deep poverty, substance abuse, poor reservation conditions, etc.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
The common decency of people in this country is regressing at an astonishing rate.

In the town I live in we've got an international restaurant. They specialize in Middle Eastern food and being a Jewish bakery, but in addition to that they offer food from all over the world.

It's owned by a couple of Middle Easterners, I think they're from Lebanon. A brother and sister. They opened two locations, one in my town and one a town over. The one in the town over had the sidewalk closed by the city for 6 months so that no one could get into the building, eventually they had to sue to reopen it, the city wasn't doing anything... they were just roping it off so that no one could get into the business. The one in my town was vandalized several times, and the home of the owners had an actual cross burned in their front yard.

This is the sort of stuff that I thought went away 40 or 50 years ago. It makes me very sad that this behavior has returned.
edit on 30-8-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Being uneducated seemingly has become quite popular, it was one of the presidents platforms practically, they are easy to manipulate!!
All you have to do is look at the education secretary.
Yeah it’s an issue even culturally. The so called “cult of anti-intellectualism” has been described by some social scientists.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Where about? That’s sad. a reply to: Aazadan

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

So, how far back do you want to go???

300 years? 3000 years? 30,000 years? Further?

Every two legged critter on this land mass ancestors were migrants. I was born here, raised here, will, in all likelihood, die here. Just about as native as it get. Doesn't matter a whit what my ancestors did, or didn't do, I had no hand in it. Unless you subscribe to the notion of Sins of the Father forms of justice?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
Where about? That’s sad. a reply to: Aazadan

South east Ohio.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join