It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DoD and Senate check the POTUS, flags returned to half mast

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: shooterbrody

The Department of Defense.

Apparently civics is not your thing...need a lesson?

en.wikipedia.org...
[iThe Commander-in-Chief of the United States Armed Forces is the supreme commanding authority of the United States Armed Forces, which are composed of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard. It is an executive power vested in the President as written in Article II of the United States Constitution.

Or should I post it in wichipoo runescript?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Not saying we in the US make all the best choices all the time. I am saying that in the end we do make good choices. Eventually. And after some thinking.

What the heck? Are we supposed to be the smart kids for the whole world?

Yeah, we have been carrying water for the world for a long time, but then again you folks don't even have a constitution yet, and still worship a queen. Gimme a break. At least we are trying to have a representative democracy over here, and not some sort of "royal blood" crap.

Get a grip on life before you want to spit on the US. Your are lucky you are not speaking German, Mein Herr.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: JasonBillung

Guess you guys missed that the president signed a proclamation to fly flags at half until the deceased senators ceremony is complete.

He is within his authority to do so, but under zero codified requirement for it to happen. I disagree with him here. The flag should be flying as normal today.

Can Donny call him a hero?

Nopes. Donny doesn't like folks who served.
That's false, that rhetoric doesn't work here, save it for twitter.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

a reply to: deathallaroundus

Serving under doesn't automatically mean "honored." McCain dishonored his service through his own choices. That's on him, not on his critics.

...and did you just try to use the race card? LOL!!!!!!!! Oh wow, thanks, I needed that laugh.

John McCain's Tokyo Rose propaganda recording, 1969...

Make your own decision on the "hero" status.

The left loved him because he was a proxy vote for the left.

Except they didn't love him enough to elect him in 2008.... LOL

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
We'll remember this next time he squawks about football players taking a knee.
Respect as Aretha said. Find out what it means.

Hilarious. I thought Dems were anti war?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'll spit wherever I like dude, your love for the US is funny as # and pretty lame at the same time.
So there are more of you guys lol, if you trained your people as well as the UK does then you might be a force to reckon with lol.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
And don't forget the barbecue at the USS Forrestal....

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: JasonBillung

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Guess you guys missed that the president signed a proclamation to fly flags at half until the deceased senators ceremony is complete.

He is within his authority to do so, but under zero codified requirement for it to happen. I disagree with him here. The flag should be flying as normal today.

Can Donny call him a hero?

Nopes. Donny doesn't like folks who served.
That's false, that rhetoric doesn't work here, save it for twitter.

And you decide this how? Trump lied to the military about bone spurs. He lies 7 times a day to the American Public. His whole family is going to jail. Wake up and smell the coffee or the ...

He hates true vets, because they can throw it in his face that he never served, and got a "daddy note" from the doctor. Trump is despised by vets. I am one and I know plenty. He is going down hard come November, and the vets are all cheering.

link   
All of this fake virtue signaling by the left about the great, patriotic, American war hero, John McCain, is just plain weird.

It is a surreal level of blatant fabrication. Next level TDS. Well done

link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Regardless of how one felt about the war,(I was a protester), one should respect the fact that once he was captured (after his plane crashed btw Mr trump) he was offered a release due to his father's and grandfathers rank and stature in the Navy, but stayed because the Vietcong could use him for propaganda if he agreed. His refusal brought their anger down on him. Instead he endured five and a half years of torture . That to maintain the integrity of that flag and the country it stood for.
He was a patriot.
I didn't support the war but I have always supported patriotism.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

a reply to: deathallaroundus

Serving under doesn't automatically mean "honored." McCain dishonored his service through his own choices. That's on him, not on his critics.

...and did you just try to use the race card? LOL!!!!!!!! Oh wow, thanks, I needed that laugh.

John McCain's Tokyo Rose propaganda recording, 1969...

Make your own decision on the "hero" status.

The left loved him because he was a proxy vote for the left.

Except they didn't love him enough to elect him in 2008.... LOL

The core GOP voters' distrust of him made him a proxy vote for Obama in 2008, which is why McCain's organization took in hundreds of thousands of dollars from George Soros in 2008. www.huffingtonpost.com...

It was not a coincidence that Hillary Clinton ran a tougher, clearly more intending to win, campaign against Obama than Songbird did. He had no intention of winning the presidency and was only there to be a ringer.

(post by Muninn removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
NVM
edit on 8 27 2018 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
I'll spit wherever I like dude, your love for the US is funny as # and pretty lame at the same time.
So there are more of you guys lol, if you trained your people as well as the UK does then you might be a force to reckon with lol.

Hey, I trained with the Brits in Nato. Really good soldiers. Nothing against them. Just your country still thinks some people are better than others because of their "blood". We don't believe in that crap in the US> We think you are as good as you can be. Not nobility.

Why do you still segrigate your pubs according to gentlemen and workers? That crap would not hold in the US.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

Sure it does. Sounds just like something he would do. Who you kidding?

link   
Lol segregate pubs whet the # are you on about?
You watch too much TV mate lol.
EDIT PMSL!
We laugh at you over here, beaten by your cops, treated like slaves, funny as #!
Brits are way more free than you, and our troops don't ruin poor Asian nations like you do. McCain was scum in a plane.

edit on 27-8-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: stosh64
All of this fake virtue signaling by the left about the great, patriotic, American war hero, John McCain, is just plain weird.

It is a surreal level of blatant fabrication. Next level TDS. Well done

Yup and I bet if you look through threads from back when he was running for potus we will see lots of love from the left.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Need to know they called him. I'm sure it was couched politely with lots of Sirs thrown in. We all know if you don't kowtow to his royal highness you pay a price but none the less he was told.
You can claim anything you like. I'm not buying it.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Works for me and I'm here. All the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join